Will

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by SWEET_JEEBUS, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWEET_JEEBUS Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just from Roger Ebert's review of MR, the movie out does AOTC (and Spiderman): the fx are more realistic and convincing where as AOTC fx were sterile and the characters weren't integrated into their surroundings very well.

Looks like AOTC will have a hard time making a lasting impression on people (other than the loyal fan).

*Sigh*

Discussions about Minority Report belong in the JCC [link below]. To discuss AOTC's lasting impression, check the official thread listing link at the top of the page.
  2. ADONIAH32 Force Ghost

star 4
    This is not a minority report forum.

Try the JC Community.
  3. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Minority Report was very good but I'm afraid to say that AOTC was better.
  4. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Oh great. It's not enough we've got LOTR fans and Matrix fans and Spiderman fans running loose on these forums, trumpeting how great those movies supposedly are and how they supposedly leave SW in the dust. Now we're going to have MR fans doing the same.

I wonder how tolerant LOTR/Matrix/Spiderman/Minority Report forums would be of SW fans coming in there and saying how those movies suck and AOTC blew them out of the water.

Not very, I'd wager.
  5. MadMardigan Force Ghost

star 4
    If it does, it'll have to steal it from Spiderman.
  6. SWEET_JEEBUS Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm.
    Am I Minority Report fan?
    I haven't even seen the damn movie.
    Did I not bring up AOTC in this thread?!
    Jeez, talk about anal...
  7. AGGIE_WAN_KENOBI Jedi Knight

star 1
    Who cares what Minority Report does in terms of Star Wars success? Unless Speilberg and Cruise have figured out a way to go back through time, make me dislike Star Wars and convince me not to see the movies, WE SHOULDN"T CARE!

Stop worry so darn much about what a critic says or box office totals!

Do you take a food critic everywhere you go and only eat what they tell you to? Or do you eat what you like because you like it?

Some of you people act like you won't wipe your . . . unless a critic gives it a positive review. :)
  8. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Excellent say AGGIE_WAN_KENOBI
  9. Bookedout Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aggie_Wan, thanks for putting things in perspective. Too funny! :)
  10. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Wired magazine is calling Spielberg the world's "premier auteur of science fiction."

That was in the same issue that praised Lucas's development of the "Star Wars galaxies" online game.

Lucas makes great video games. Spielberg makes great films.
  11. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    I disgaree, again.

Both Lucas and Spielberg make great films :D

ST
  12. SWfan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Minority Report will more likely steal SM's thunder than AOTC's. If you're a SW fan you like SW, if not, you don't really care about SW one way or another. Some people just like SW because of the fight scenes, others just want to see explosions. To them, one action movie is about as good as the next. A lot of people go and see whatever the "new" movie is at the theater. SW is "old" now, its been in theaters for 5 weeks.

Let's see in 2007 when all of the SW movies are released on DVD (and perhaps in theaters) which sells better? Will it be MR, SM, Matrix, or the SW trilogies. I'd wager on the last one. Trust me, by then MR will be old news, while many people will be rushing out to get their personal digital copies of SW magic.
  13. Good_Job Jedi Padawan

Personally, I think they both make great film-makers. Besides, if Attack of the Clones is going to be challenged, it might as well be challenged by a film-maker of some class, like Steven Spielberg, not a film about a big talking dog who foils plans made by people who like to wear masks and be foiled by meddlesome kids.
  14. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I think Lucas makes good films as well Jabbadabbado.
  15. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    Spielberg also makes a mean batch of fondu.
    [image=http://www.sugarbytes.com/images/fondu.jpg]
  16. Darth-sennin Jedi Master

star 3
    Get over yourself Jabadabooboo, back when A.I. came out, people were panning Speilburg all over the place. Now he is the "premiere autuer". Pleeeease, I personally think Speilburg is great, but even he admits how awsome of an overall universe SW is.
  17. DARTH-MUGATU Jedi Master

star 2
    Any new movie will steal AOTC's thunder. Just the way it goes. A movie called "crap on a stick" would steal thunder away from it. Still won't stop me from watching AOTC as many times as I want :D
  18. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Lucas makes great special effects for Spielberg films.
  19. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    For the record...

I think Minority Report looks good. I'm not the biggest fan of Cruise (or of Spielberg for that matter), but I was quite impressed with the trailer. I've seen it four times; it played in front of four of my five viewings of AOTC.

I think MR will do very well. I'm just annoyed by the "rah rah MR, I hope it beats AOTC" people who insist on hanging around here.
  20. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Jabbadabbado, do you EVER have anything positive to say about Lucas or SW? Or do you simply get off on promoting other filmmakers on a SW forum, for some reason I have yet to fathom?
  21. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jabba, you're getting pretty close to trolling right now.
  22. Shelley Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Close to trolling?

He does almost nothing but.
  23. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I wrote that Lucas makes great special effects for other peoples' movies (and for his own movies), and I wrote that Lucas makes great video games.

How much more positive do I have to be. :)
  24. obhavekenobi78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AOTC thunder has been gone for a while now. Sorry to say. Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya....I can't even say it without getting embarrased is making more money at this point. If you are asking if it will make more money overall, then that's a different story, but AOTC has no thunder right now.
  25. DarkLord_Tyrannus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lord of the Rings was weak. I enjoyed it but its story dragged as well. Yet people arent knocking that.

AOTC which I saw last night for the 7th time at the theater is still all that and a bag of tricks. I look forward to George Lucas adding the entire fight scenes to the DVD's.

Count Dookus final lightsaber battle was so great, against all three, Dooku just has that aura of credibility.

MINORITY REPORT will be a flop. Speilberg always ends his movies HORRIBLY!!!

Lucas always ends them great!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.