main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Willful Disobedience [LotF AU, updated daily - The end is here!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Twilight

SENATE OFFICE OF GALACTIC ALLIANCE CHIEF OF STATE CAL OMAS.

Seated at his desk, Cal Omas sighed tiredly. He could feel what was coming deep in his bones. There was no denying the truth now, no matter how much he might want to. The simple truth was that he?d failed.

Omas looked up from the desktop, his gaze falling on his office door. It had yet to open, but soon enough it would. It didn?t take a seasoned politician like himself long to sense the change in the political wind. It had been coming for some time now, and there was no avoiding it.

This is the path the Alliance has chosen for itself. Who am I to argue against it?

The answer was clear, yet he had no desire to act, not anymore. He was tired, and he felt the weight of the defeat he knew he would soon suffer. Besides, why should he fight when no one else seemed willing?

Because it?s right.

The words rattled around inside his head, never willing to be silent. He knew he should fight, but how? He had very few options left to him, if any. It was the darkest hour of his darkest day. And, sadly, there seemed to be no escape from it, no way to cushion the blow.

This is what the citizenry demands of us. This is what they want.

It was a thought that sent a chill through Cal Omas? bones. He sighed again, his gaze returning once more to his office door. The news was already on the Holonet, the writing was on the wall. Now, it was merely a matter of...

?Hello, Chief Omas,? greeted Jacen, stepping into Omas? office.

TBC.

2. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Ah, kriff. **** sideways, Jacen.

Would it be a little late to install some ysalamiri and droidekas in Cal Omas's office?

3. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    go on Jacen force choke? sith lightnening? i hate Cal Omas!!!!!!

PHGS Weyr

4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Ben is heading to the wrong one :(
    and why does Luke not tell him, why does he not just open up

and what does Jacen want from Omas? [face_worried]

amazing work, my friend

~ Lady Mags @};- ~

5. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Pelranius: Ah, kriff. **** sideways, Jacen.

Agreed. [face_mischief]

Would it be a little late to install some ysalamiri and droidekas in Cal Omas's office?

Hmmm... [face_thinking]

PHGS_Weyr: go on Jacen force choke? sith lightnening? i hate Cal Omas!!!!!!

:eek: And there's a vote against Cal if ever I've heard one. [face_laugh]

Maggy: Ben is heading to the wrong one
    and why does Luke not tell him, why does he not just open up

Both good questions. The simple answer is they're both flawed... and a touch blind, at least at the moment. If that will change, time will tell. ;)

and what does Jacen want from Omas?

His job. ;)

amazing work, my friend

Thank you! :D

6. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    New leadership

SENATE OFFICE OF GALACTIC ALLIANCE CHIEF OF STATE CAL OMAS.

Cal Omas? expression remained guarded as he watched Supreme Commander Cha Niathal join Jacen Solo. The two stood before him now, a handful of black-clad GAG agents flanking them. It was an impressive if ominous sight to behold.

?The senate is aware of what you?re doing here, I trust?? asked the still seated Omas.

?They are, Chief Omas,? Niathal replied.

?And they approve of it?? Omas questioned.

?They already sanctioned it, and that is enough,? Jacen answered.

?I see, Colonel Solo. And I take it the two of you will be assuming control of the Alliance now?? Omas? gaze was steady, and his tone measured.

?At the behest of the senate,? Jacen replied. ?The Supreme Commander and I are merely a stabilizing force until new leadership can be chosen.?

?You say that with such conviction I?m almost inclined to believe you, Colonel Solo,? Omas said, rising to his feet.

Jacen narrowed his eyes, but did not respond otherwise.

?Can we trust you will come quietly, sir?? Niathal interjected.

Omas gave Niathal a very slight nod. ?Of course, Admiral. My days spent fighting for the Alliance are at an end.?

?This is the will of the Alliance,? Jacen remarked coolly.

?Time will tell, Colonel Solo. Time will tell,? Omas returned, moving from behind his desk so that the GAG agents in attendance could take him into custody.

TBC.

7. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    what? no force lightnening? JDH3 why? he could have gotten Niathal as well?

great fic JDH3 more evil Jacen soon?

PHGS Weyr

8. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    [vader]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo![/Vader]
    you killed her too :_|:_|:_|

Icouldnt find you story for a few days, just gone from my eyes looks...
    and nopw shes dead here aswell bloddy jacen. I just wonder how it goes on from now on,

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    The Sith

KORRIBAN.

Darth Krayt was waiting for Lumiya when she stepped off her shuttle. His expression was unreadable, even to his longest serving disciple. He liked it that way, of course. He was never one to give away an edge, much less to someone like Lumiya.

?Master,? Lumiya bowed as she reached him.

?Things went as I foresaw?? Krayt questioned, already knowing the answer.

?Everything has transpired according to your will, my Lord,? answered Lumiya.

?Has he chosen a true name?? asked Krayt.

?Darth Caedus, Master.? Lumiya paused briefly. ?He and the Mon Calamari, Cha Niathal, have taken control of the Galactic Alliance.?

?Very good,? nodded Krayt. ?Now we can begin.?

?To dismantle the Jedi?? questioned Lumiya, hopeful.

?No, Lumiya. The Jedi are too useful to destroy... yet. In time, we will end their reign, but not yet. No, not until they have served me to the fullest. Only when Skywalker?s foolish followers have exhausted their potential shall I crush them like the worthless insects they are,? boomed Krayt.

?Of course, Master. I apologize for not seeing that myself,? Lumiya replied hastily.

Krayt nodded. ?Come, my apprentice, we have much to discuss,? he said, starting to walk.

Lumiya nodded, following after her master. With Jacen Solo?s ascension, much had changed. Her master and the Sith were one step closer to their ultimate goal. It was an exciting time full of promise, and the Dark Lady was more than ready to play her part in it... short lived as she knew it would be.

TBC.

10. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: Believe it or not, folks, we're actually nearing the end of this story. However, there will be a sequel. This isn't the end of things, merely the beginning. ;) [face_mischief]

The Confederation

PRIVATE QUARTERS OF ADMIRAL TUR PHENNIR ABOARD THE CORELLIAN DREADNAUGHT THRACKAN SAL-SOLO.

?We have a new enemy now, Prime Minister, and the Confederation must adapt accordingly,? Phennir was saying, hands clasped behind his back and gaze focused out his viewport.

?You sound worried, Admiral,? Dur Gejjen remarked to Phennir?s back.

Phennir turned slowly and faced his superior. ?Solo and Niathal will take a noticeably more aggressive stance than their predecessor. It will require that I alter our military strategy, if only slightly.?

?Again, you sound worried, Admiral,? Gejjen returned.

?I take you are not, Prime Minister?? asked Phennir.

?The upset on Coruscant can only aid our cause, Admiral. This turn of events will destabilize the Alliance, and give us ample opportunity to strike at them when they are at their most vulnerable.?

?Perhaps,? Phennir said in a guarded tone.

?What exactly do you base your worry on, Admiral?? pressed Gejjen.

Phennir sighed. ?This change in the Alliance?s leadership was well orchestrated, sir. It was not a spur of the moment decision by any means. This was all planned well in advance.?

?You?re certain of that??

?You?re not?? Phennir returned, raising an eyebrow.

Gejjen averted his gaze from Phennir. ?Negotiations are now out of the question,? he noted. His gaze returned to Phennir. ?Our success in this war now rests squarely on the shoulders of yourself and those under your command, Admiral.?

Phennir nodded, turning away. ?I hope you?re prepared for what?s to come, Prime Minister? With the Alliance now answering to Jacen Solo and Cha Niathal, our war has only just begun.?

TBC.

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Jacen is a step closer to gain total power ... [face_thinking]
    why is Gejjen not really worried - do I miss something? 8-}

maybe it's too late [face_tired]I-)

great that there will be a sequel :D

~ Lady Mags @};- ~

12. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I got a little behind in my reading. wow! You wrote a very powerful Jacen and Mara fight, but wow...you killed her! :_| I like how Ben got all angry and stomped out to find Jacen. (if he only knew) Seems Luke's all angry too. Good!

Looking forward to more!!! =D= And happy to hear there will be a sequel.

13. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Poor Mara. Jacen needs a good beheading me thinks

14. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    oops double post.

15. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    A new alliance?

SENATE OFFICE OF THE GALACTIC ALLIANCE CHIEF OF STATE, GALACTIC CITY.

?The capture of Alema Rar is important to more than just the Jedi Order, Colonel,? Jacen was saying. ?You of all people are in a position to see that,? he added, looking out over Galactic City, hands clasped behind his back.

?You?re not wrong,? Jag Fel agreed, standing before the chief of state?s desk.

?Then you?ll understand why the Alliance wishes to aid your task force in any way it can?? asked Jacen.

Jag?s brows drew together. ?Master Skywalker and the Jedi have already provided ample support,? he noted.

?I?m sure they have, but the Alliance would still like to become more involved,? Jacen stated, turning.

?How so?? queried Jag.

Jacen smiled, almost wickedly. ?Why don?t you have a seat, Colonel, and we can discuss that in detail??

Jag arched a brow, clearly suspicious. But after a moment, he did indeed take a seat. Nothing would stop him from capturing Alema Rar, and reclaiming his family?s honor.

TBC.

16. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Jag arched a brow, clearly suspicious. But after a moment, he did indeed take a seat. Nothing would stop him from capturing Alema Rar, and reclaiming his family?s honor.

Nothing? He'd even sell his soul to a Sith? Jag!!!!! Have some self-respect!!!!!!

17. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: I don't want to rush the last couple posts, so nothing new tonight. But the end is very soon in coming. :eek: And as I said before, there will be a sequel. ;) [face_mischief]

iamobiwan1970: Nothing? He'd even sell his soul to a Sith? Jag!!!!! Have some self-respect!!!!!!

In Jag's defense, he doesn't know Jacen is a Sith Lord... yet. ;)

18. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    can Jacen reveal himself as a sith lord by beheading Cal Omas with a nice red lightsaber???? please???? (i really don't like that guy btw)

PHGS Weyr

19. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Leaving

JEDI TEMPLE VEHICLE HANGAR, CORUSCANT.

Arms tucked into the sleeves of his Jedi robe, Luke Skywalker looked on in silence as the Temple staff prepped the Jade Shadow for launch.

?I wish you?d reconsider this decision, Luke.?

Luke didn?t turn to face Kyp. ?The Jedi are in good hands with you taking my seat while I?m away; I can feel it. You need not worry.?

?I?m flattered, Luke, but I still beg you to reconsider this course of action. The Jedi, the Alliance--?

?Will both survive without me. They?ll have to, Kyp,? Luke interrupted calmly.

?And Ben? What about your son, Mara?s son, Luke? I?ve never been a father, and may never be, but even I know he needs you now,? noted Kyp.

?Which is precisely why I have to go, old friend. Lumiya must be stopped before she can cause further harm,? replied Luke. ?And Ben cannot be any part of this, no matter how much he wants to be.?

?The threats are here on Coruscant and on the front lines of this war, Luke. This is where you?re needed.? Kyp?s tone was even, but nonetheless unwavering.

?Perhaps, but the Force calls me elsewhere,? replied Luke in a distracted voice.

?Master--?

?My decision is final, Kyp,? Luke said, turning. He paused for a moment. ?I?ll check in with the council when I can. Please, keep an eye on Ben in my absence.? And with that, the Grand Master turned and headed onboard the Jade Shadow, his late wife?s ship.

?The Force be with you, Luke,? Kyp said quietly, watching as his master prepared to depart. What Luke?s leave of absence would mean for the Jedi and the Alliance war effort, the Jedi Master could barely bring himself ponder. Darker days still lay ahead, and he could feel it.

TBC.

20. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I've finally got all caught up again....

Wow!!!=D=

I loved how you worked the duel between Mara and Darth Wannabe...

But Luke, I just want to knock him in the head... What the kriff is he thinking??? He's as bad as Jacen.

I'm anxious to see where Luke is going though...To Korriban maybe to confront the real Sith?

So the end is soon...I have to ask, will be get to finally see for sure who Krayt is?

Awesome month of posts. I can't wait to see where this is going...;)

FL @};-

21. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Still catching up on this [face_blush] But I wanted to comment on how much I'm enjoying Jacen in this. He's really well written here (you've always been good with characters though), but I find myself liking him much more than I have Jacen in the last couple canon novels [face_thinking] The characterization here is outstanding and Jacen especially is fascinating. I find myself looking forward to his posts the most.

Also, Luke is really a standout as well. Their interaction is my favorite [face_mischief]

Anyway, I'm hoping to be caught up soon, sorry I'm lagging!

22. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    that was a very, very short screen time for Jag :p

Kyp is somehow the voice of reason :D ;)

take your time for the last posts [:D]

~ Lady Mags @};- ~

23. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Please, keep an eye on Ben in my absence

well he'll probably do alot better with the kid than you have! Luke is so stupid here and Kyp is so reasonable.

You know, just once I want Luke to say: "Kyp, you're right."

24. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: Happy 4th of July, everyone! No post today, but the last one(s) will be up soon. Until then, enjoy the holiday. :D

Flowerlady: I've finally got all caught up again....

Yay! :D

Wow!!!

:D :)

I loved how you worked the duel between Mara and Darth Wannabe...

Thank you!

But Luke, I just want to knock him in the head... What the kriff is he thinking??? He's as bad as Jacen.

Not quite, but I understand thr frustration. He's... lost.

I'm anxious to see where Luke is going though...To Korriban maybe to confront the real Sith?

Maybe. [face_whistling]

So the end is soon...I have to ask, will be get to finally see for sure who Krayt is?

Short answer is no, not in this story.

Awesome month of posts. I can't wait to see where this is going...

Again, thank you. :) I hope you enjoy the ending.

YodaKenobi: Still catching up on this But I wanted to comment on how much I'm enjoying Jacen in this. He's really well written here (you've always been good with characters though), but I find myself liking him much more than I have Jacen in the last couple canon novels The characterization here is outstanding and Jacen especially is fascinating. I find myself looking forward to his posts the most.

Whoa, someone who actually likes the Jacen posts?! :eek: But shock aside, I'm glad you're enjoying the story, and Jacen especially. He's been a real challenge from the start, and it's nice to know he's coming across well. :)

Also, Luke is really a standout as well. Their interaction is my favorite

:D I'm glad. They're fun to write together.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be caught up soon, sorry I'm lagging!

No worries. The story isn't going any place. Take your time.

Maggy: that was a very, very short screen time for Jag

He'll be back for the sequel. ;)

Kyp is somehow the voice of reason

Shocking, but true.

take your time for the last posts

I will, and thank you. :)

iamobiwan1970: well he'll probably do alot better with the kid than you have! Luke is so stupid here and Kyp is so reasonable.

You're not wrong. Though, in Luke's defense, he does know more about what's really going on than either Ben or Kyp.

You know, just once I want Luke to say: "Kyp, you're right."

You never know, it could happen. ;)

25. thusspakezarathustra

thusspakezarathustra Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2006
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading my way through this. It's a very intelligent piece of writing so kudos to you and your characterisations are spookily good. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.