main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA WILLIAM HOOTKINS at L.A Sci Fi Convention

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Silent_Bob_West, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    On Sunday, August 18. William Hootkins, aka Red 6, Is going to be at this month's L.A. Comic book and Sci Fi Convention at the Shrine auditorium. For those who cannot attend the Thursday Meeting in Lakewood, this could be another opportunity for Fan Force people just to hang out and maybe later go to a nearby restraunt. anyone up for that? Here is a link to the Sci Fi Convention Site.

comicbookscifi.com/program1.html#anchor706267

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I had dinner with him last Friday night when he was down here for the San Diego Comic Con. Mr. Hootkins, Peter Mayhew, Amy Allen, and Michonne Bouriague all went out to dinner with the 501st and Rebel Legion last saturday night. There was a total of 50 of us at TGIFridays. Bill signed my Porkins action figure but I had to pay him $10 to do it. *rolling eyes*

3. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I'm really debating. My roomate will be going for sure to get his Celebration 1 pass signed so he only has a couple more to do. But paying the $15 (no way I'm waiting till at least 10 to get in for $5 less, not worth it) to get in and just get the autograph (which will cost more for it) just doesn't seem worth it. It's amazing to me how these bit players in movies try to fleece the hell out of us. I understand there is a certian percentage of people who will just turn around and sell the autograph, but when I went to the recent EE "Fan Appreciation Day" Rystall was there signing stuff.....for $20!!!!!! I was thinking before I went in there that it would be neat since they had Jabba's Dancers for so cheap ($5.00 or so I think) but $20.00 for someone who wasn't even in the original movie??? Outrageous. But, cuz I'm a sucker and George's b**ch I will probably go on Sunday with my roomate. So, look for the geeks that are looking at the scalpers with contempt and resentment and that will be us. :)

4. Silent_Bob_West

May 19, 2002
    According to the Website it's only Five Dollars to get in but I'll call to confirm that. Maybe that's the earlybird price. But I agree, Paying for autographs sucks. The vendors should be the ones paying, not the fans. When I got My DVD signed by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosher, the only requirement was that I had to buy the DVD from the store he was signing it from. He didn't charge extra if we wanted an additional item signed but he did limit it to two itmes for time purposes and stupid me, I left my copy of Clerks at home.

5. Silent_Bob_West

May 19, 2002
    I just Spoke to Bruce, the man who organizes the event, and He told me that general admission is only five dollars. It's fifteen dollars if you want reserved seating for the autitorium event. Getting an autograph will cost between 10 and 20 dollars depending on the actor. As Fans, we should suport this monthy event and maybe make it a regular get together for Los Angeles Fan Force. This event has been going on for 25 years. In Addition to William Hootkins, Linda Blair and Insane Clown Posse will be there.

6. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    My apologies Silent, I just picked up the flyer from the comic book store and realized they don't even have a paragraph like they have had in the past about the $15 reserved seat price. for $5.00 you can't really go wrong. Unless he charges $20 an autograph. At well, que sera que sera...or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.