Lit William Shakespeare's Star Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi Mod and Soliloquist of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    I went to see a live reading of some excerpts from The Force Doth Awaken at NYCC and it was just the greatest thing ever. Sean Kenin's BB-8 was especially amazing and hilarious.
  2. SWpants Jedi Grand Master

star 5

It really was!! I'm glad someone asked him how he approached that, even though he still doesn't seem to sure other than hours of sitting on it and working on it ;)

I've been looking for pictures and/or videos of it other than the pics I took. Would you by any chance have any?
  3. Thumper09 Jedi Master

star 4
    Additional spoilers for the audiobook and story of The Force Doth Awaken:

Show Spoiler
    I loved the short conversation with the FO character who was a former Imperial stormtrooper from ANH. I laughed with each back-and-forth comparison between "then" and "now."

The afterword by Ian Doescher was fascinating, especially the little tricks and nuances he included with Finn's and Poe's lines. I want to find a translation key for BB-8's lines. During the story I'd been wondering if his language was scrambled "real" words or something coded since the words were different and more intricate than R2's "beep squeak whistle beep"s had been. Now I need to find the cipher thingy, darn it.

In the afterword he also said that this was the first time he'd translated for Chewie. I still go back and forth on whether I liked that.

All in all I really enjoyed this, just like I really enjoyed the OT Shakespeare audiobooks.

On to Rogue One! (....pleeeeeeeease?)
    Revanfan1, Barriss_Coffee and SWpants like this.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    For those who haven't read SW: From a Certain Point of View, Doescher's story in there is in the Shakespeare vein and has Palpatine as the main character. It's not bad.
  5. Todd the Jedi Mod and Soliloquist of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    I do! I'm not sure when I'll upload them, but I'll be sure to post some here when I do.
  6. Stymi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Started this one. Not as into it as I thought I would be.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing