Williams' 70th birthday concert in L.A.

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    I've been hearing on the radio about a concert Williams will conduct with the L.A. Philharmonic with special guest Yo-Yo Ma on February 24th. They mentioned that it will be Ma's only L.A. appearance this season. Besides that, it'll be Williams' 70th birthday concert(even though he was born on the 8th)!

I'm going to try to dig up some details as far as where it is(Hollywood Bowl?) and all that because I'd like to check it out!

Think he might play a little something from Ep2? I can only hope!
  2. JediBeowulf Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow...wish I could go. :(

Damn you Californians!
  3. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    Yeah, we're so lucky to get frequent earthquakes and Williams' concerts. If we fall into the ocean at least it'll have a great score! :D
  4. Miz Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, infact, you Yanks are lucky, we never get any concerts in rainy Britain. And I do beleive a suitable score of his would have to be, 'Earthquake'. (Actually it was terrible compared to today's standards).
  5. Darthkarma Jedi Master

star 4

Is his birthday February 8th or March 8th?
    I once heard he was born on March 11.

6. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I checked IMDB, his birthday is Feb. 8th. (hmm, I know two other people who share that b-day)

I can't make it, but I would have loved to, it's only 2 days before my birthday as well. That's okay though, I'm sure he'll do his annual Hollywood Bowl thing, and I'll try to catch that one.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.