Williams and Leno

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by redsabreanakin, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. redsabreanakin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For those Interested; John Williams will be performing(??) with Cellist Yo-Yo Ma on The Tonight Show on Monday the 6th.
  2. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, judging by his appearance, he will be conducting an orchaestra.
  3. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Awesome! I always watch on Monday night anyhow for the headlines. Harrison Ford was on this week. With the gray goatee he's sporting, I'd say he'd be a leading candidate to play Obi-Wan in the fantasy remake of ANH. :)
  4. -Commander_Thigh- Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll definitely watch this on Monday.

5. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Me too. This will be good.
  6. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Just saw it. They did a very nice job. The mic needed to be closer to the piano or something because it was too soft, but other than that it was fine.

Williams even got a kiss from Candice Michelle afterwards.
  7. -Commander_Thigh- Jedi Master

star 4
    CRAP! I completely forgot!!!

Is there a way I can still watch it?

8. Jedi-Washington Jedi Master

star 4
    I was expecting a little more talking, as those two are some of the most talented in their professions. I would think Leno would have liked talking to them individually, so I was a little dissapointed in that aspect. Williams and Yo-yo did a wonderful job though, even if they didn't mix the piano correctly.

~JW

EDIT: as for missing it, CNBC Europe plays it again on the 9th, but your best bet to find some version of it online is JWfan.net

Usually they tend to find links to such things quickly. Sorry you missed it!
  9. outrider462004 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dog gone it I missed it. If I didn't have to get up for school I would have watched it
  10. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    It was a lovely performance. As for the sound mix - hey, it's a late night comedy show, I wasn't expecting too much.

I was disappointed that Headlines got cut out! :mad:

Even though Terry Bradshaw was funny (HMA, lol) Jay can have him on just about anytime. I agree that I would have liked to have an extended interview with John Williams and leave the other guests for another night.
  11. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    The Music of Yo-Yo Ma with John Williams. [face_plain]
  12. redsabreanakin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, that was great. I started this thread so that everyone would not forget to see Johnny Williams. I had to go to bed..I set the timer on the VCR, and like an idiot I set it to go off at 1230am forgetting it usually goes til 1235am

So...guess what I missed on Monday? :mad:

I hope everyone enjoyed it, although...since I missed the last 6 or 7 minutes..I'm pissed they only brought "The Maestro" out for only that amount of time.
  13. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    If your a regular watcher of Leno and Conan you know that rarely do they interview the musical performers. I'm disappointed I missed it.
  15. Indiana_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Did you click the link above you?
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.