main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Willing Fool~ KOTOR era Songfic, Kreia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Title: Willing Fool
    Characters: Kreia, others implied
    Summary: When everything seems to betray her, an aged woman plans the ultimate revenge on what she feels has wronged her the most.
    Genre: Angst, Revenge (if that fits)
    Author's Note: The song 'Willing Fool' is another one from Blue Rodeo. It seemed the best one that fit this specific character. Links for previous KOTOR songfics will follow below:

Strange Things, Walking, Palace of Gold, Bulletproof, Try, and That's All.

[i]Isn't it funny
    Funny to think
    I once believed you
    I thought you were being straight
    But what a bad joke
    It's always the same
    With one hand you offer
    While the other slaps my face[/i]

They had cast her out. Thrown her away like so much garbage. They had mocked her, beat her and brutalised her. They had claimed they were now the masters and no longer needing her to apprentice them, they had turned on her. She should have been expecting it, but she wasn?t. Such were the ways of the Sith after all.

And alliances founded in hatred were fragile at best. She knew that. She had taught them that.

The little good that it had done her now.

[i]You
    You made a willin' fool out of me
    So there you sit
    In the great city of kicks
    Your apologetic fingers
    Fumbling with a pack of cigarettes
    Your good intentions
    As hollow as your eyes
    Yea you paint your world
    With brilliant lies[/i]

She had been dispossessed not once, but twice in her long lifetime. First by the Jedi, blaming her for the Revanchists and their fall. She had turned on them, coming to Malachor V and there fell herself. Second and lastly, by the Sith apprentices she had found there and begun to train as she herself learned the ways of the Sith. No Force user it seemed, neither Jedi or Sith, wanted anything to do with her at all.

And what was worse was that the Force itself had abandoned her as well. No longer could she hear its whispers in either the light of day or the dark depths of the night. No longer could she hear its special song in the wind that blew through the trees or the cold depths of space. For the first time in her life, she felt nothing at all.

How it had abandoned her didn?t seem to be important the more she dwelt on it. What mattered is that it had.

And what came to matter to her was what she was going to do about it.

[i]You
    You made a willin' fool out of me
    The last time I saw you
    I was dangling from a ledge
    You posed quickly for a picture
    Just before I lost my grip
    You kind a remind me
    Of those psychos in a German film
    You're that cool smirking weirdo
    With the voices in his head
    Voices in his head
    Voices in his
    Voices in his
    Voices in his head[/i]

She would do away with the mystical power that empowered those who had betrayed her. The Jedi and the Sith would both fall, without the Force as their ally. The Force is what empowered them and it was how they had seen fit to betray her in the first place. So, she would wait. She would plan and she would seek out her instruments of destruction. Then at the right moment, she would strike.

She would destroy that which had destroyed her and the galaxy would be a better place for it. No more Force meant no more Jedi, no more Sith. No more wars waged on what she had come to see as minor philosophical contentions that had dragged the galaxy into highly destructive wars time and again. Without the necessary destruction, there seemed in her mind to be no end in sight of that cycle repeating itself throughout the coming millennia.
    She would end it. She was after all Darth Traya, the betrayer. It was a role that she was born to play. And she would see to it that her work was done.

2. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Well done! These are always fun to read!

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    And the galaxy would be all the better for it. And they would thank her for it.

That's assuming you can accomplish the goal, Kreia, which I highly doubt.

Loved the look into her thoughts - you portrayed her perfectly.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    Wow. Really, really well done. :) Very Kreia-ish. ;)
    Nice work. =D=

5. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! I do aim to please and hope you enjoy the rest of them as I finish them. Both the portraits of the characters and the music lyrics used to frame their thoughts and experiences.

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    On goal accomplishment, you would be very correct there. Glad you liked the characterisation and the portrayal. Would it surprise you to know that I wrote that in under ten minutes? :p. Thanks for the compliments and thanks for reading.

7. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Thanks! Glad that it suits the character and thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.