main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Willow EU?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by spyderbyte, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyderbyte

spyderbyte Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2003
    Is there one? ?[face_plain]

2. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Yes, there are 3 novels cowritten by George Lucas and Chris Claremont, The Shadow War trilogy: Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn and Shadow Star. It takes place many years later with a teen Elora Danan. Also a lot of the characters from the movie barely show up at all.

3. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Also a lot of the characters from the movie barely show up at all.

True, but I did find the novels to be a good read.

4. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Ronnie Howard was the director, I think, so it may be up to him if he wants to do a trilogy.

5. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well I didn't imply if that was good or bad. Just to inform that some characters barely show up, while others are very much changed from what they were on the film. Just be prepared for changes.

Also it's up to Lucas. He created the characters and owns the rights, so it's noy up to Ron Howard.

6. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    I tried to get through the first book but kept falling asleep. Too much description, not enough dialogue or action. (And I like Tolkien.) The plot was vague and convoluted. Most sections of the book were so riddled with descriptions of trees or rocks or boats that I found them unreadable. I'm sure it's a great story; I just don't think it's written well enough to entertain.

7. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I saw Willow when I was like 8 or something. I remember thinking it was pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.