main
side
curve

Willow News-EU, Sequels, everything

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jedi_jra, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    Something I don't see discussed before: Willow Ufgood's surname comes from a mention in The Letters of JRR Tolkien that in 1944 Tolkien briefly considered changing Sam Gamgee's last name to Sam Goodchild. Luckily, Christopher Tolkien talked him out of it. This sort of detail proves what an uber-nerd George is.

2. potoooooooo

potoooooooo Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2017
    I read the novelization and the Sourcebook when they first came out and in them another humanoid race was mentioned. IIRC they were called Poohas or Poquas (something like that) they are described in the Sourcebook as subhuman savages on armored warhorses and in the novelization there is a scene where are group of them are playing kickball with human skulls. I think it was said that they were hairless and covered in blue warpaint. All there was in the movie was a bald guy with a few blue tattoos at that shady inn Willow visits.

Does anyone remember what these things were called? Were they supposed to be the movie's version of orcs? Why didn't they show up in the final film?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    LAJ edit - merging with the Willow thread

4. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
  5. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    They were Pohas in the novelization, but in a leaked draft of the script they were called Picts. Probably changed because someone felt they were too directly based on Robert E Howard's Picts from his Bran Mak Morn stories, rather than the historical tribes.

6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I SO want this to happen!

Jedi Daniel and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    A Willow sequel would be great.

Lulu Mars and Jedi Daniel like this.