main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Wilt (Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Fisto89, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisto89

Fisto89 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2005
    http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/18487558/?42

The NEW Challenges...

"Challenge for the weeks of 18 April-2 May

Well, it's that time again--April showers bring May flowers and all (unless, I suppose, you live in Australia, but that's beside the point.) and the flowers and the green are indeed coming up. Your challenge is this, a variation on one that I participated in last year: S/He brought me flowers. One character brings flowers to another--and to throw one last twist in there--you have to use three synonyms for green. "

*Note... the synonyms (I looked them up, they ARE synonyms) are capitolized*

Title: Wilt
    Author: Fisto89
    Timeframe: Many years before TPM
    Genre: Romance (Ick!)
    Characters: Belo and Dena
    Disclaimer: One of these characters belongs to GL, the good man behind the camera. The other belongs to me. Please don't sue-I'm very poor to begin with.

Belo sat solemnly, his eyelids firmly shut over his pupils so he could at least pretend to be surprised when she approached. Even without his eyes open, he could see everything- the gently flowing river, the LUSH green forest behind him, the rock he was leaning against.

"Did you miss me?" Dena asked, her mouth forming a smile that showcased her bright, perfectly straight and perfectly white teeth. Belo's eyes remained closed. She had returned, and had brought a collection of wildflowers she had picked from the riverbank.

"I did."

"Open your eyes."

Belo did as she commanded, and acted as though he was taken by surprise when she thrust the flowers into his chest. He held them, hoping his muscular hands would not snap the heads off.

"Thank you," he said softly, not knowing what else to say.

"I had to bring you something. It is our first date," Dena said. Belo almost smiled. Was it technically a date when he hadn't been to Naboo in six years, and the last time he had seen Dena before today was the last time he had come "home"?

"You are too kind," Belo said. He was twenty-four standard years old, but yet he felt like he had no time to lose before he died. Maybe being around Dena again just made him feel NASEOUS.

But, then again, there was simplicity with Dena that he didn't have with his master. Dena was a beautiful girl (by Naboo standards), and kind. Plus, she had loved Belo since they had met in school. Could Belo be happy here, in the simplicity, with this NAIVE little girl? He had hated Coruscant when he first arrived there. He had hated everything about it.

"I only want us to be happy. I have loved you for so long," Dena replied, kneeling before Belo. He cringed, and though of his master, and how every time they met... it was Belo on the ground, his knees and back aching from bending in front of the Sith Lord.

"I barely know you, Dena," Belo said.

"Love is blind, love transcends all time." Belo recognized the quote from a famous Naboo poet. Dena must have memorized the poem. It was something about flowers, or maybe trees. He couldn't remember its title.

"Would you want to stay with me, even if I... had a terrible secret?" Belo asked, a knot forming at the bottom of his throat. Dena leaned against him, her soft, flowing brown hair ruined against his tunic. She looked up at him inquisitively. The knot in Belo's throat moved up towards his mouth.

"A secret? Of course. I would be happy just to be with you, Belo."

Emperor Palpatine sat facing the battle occuring over the Endor moon. A stormtrooper approached from behind and silently placed a single rose from the planet on the throne's armrest. He retreated.

Palpatine fingered the rose, and held it in his gnarled hands, twisted by age and by fate, and by tragic love. The last time he had been to Naboo, he had seen Dena. She was married to an old friend from school. Palpatine killed them both.

Palpatine held the solitary rose in his hand, and let the thorns produce stale, rusted blood. The pain was weakness as it left him, and he had to be omnipotent to win this battle.

Palpatine heard the door op

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmmmm, so Dena wasn't as forgiving with Belo's secret as she said she would be??? Could that be why he killed both her and her husband on returning to Naboo?Interesting that he would think of this as he waited for Vader and Luke.

Original and enjoyable viggie Fisto89.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, very different! I liked it. Take a bow! Bravo!

4. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    Interesting.... Palpy even kept the rose for that long? And lol... he had backaches even at that age. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.