main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Win Star By Star and get it NEXT WEEK!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thejedikiller, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I just entered....and I had a whole post written about it, then I click on a link by mistake and argh!!!!

I'm crossing my fingers that I win and this time I remembered which e-mail I used.

I got a confirmation e-mail.....it worked this time.....last time i never got a confirmation e-mail....probably because I couldn't remember which one I used.... :(

My original mesage was like this: I found out about this when I went to jadecrusades.com, then I clicked on the link for jedinet.com, and then I went to the books section and saw the message about getting a copy to review it. I remembered the e-mail address I used and am crossing my fingers....

I had that all typed out and then I clicked on that darn topic notification link instead of the "yes" pull down and lost the message. :(

2. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    I just got a confirmation e-mail. from what i know of the last contest, an e-mail like that mean's you're one step closer :)

3. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Well, I just entered for the second time under my Yahoo addy. I guess we'll find out who wins sometime later today

4. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Entered with all the addy's that I have. I can tell you that if one appears in my mailbox, only a couple of hours later would I be typing up my review.

Although, I am a little surprised that they did decide to do this again.

5. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    Wait, not later today. The deadline for entry is midnight tonight, the 28th.

6. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    But when will the winners be notified???

Does anyone know how long it was after the Rebirth contest until winners of that were notified???

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It says that it ends tonight at midnight and things will be shipped immediately thereafter. I assume as soon as you email them back with your address they mail you the book...

EDIT: Nevermind, Winners will be announced on www.starwars.com on Tuesday, October 2, 2001.

8. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    of course they choose the first really long book to kill off jimmy. or johnny....

9. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    winners being announced on Tuesday, would that mean that they would inform winners by Monday or Tuesday? Then maybe if any of us won, we would get our book by the next week?

I hope I win. :D

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    We all hope we win.

11. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
  12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    You shouldn't make such baseless generalizations, Rebecca. I for one entered merely to lower the chances of anyone else winning; I have no desire whatsoever to read the book. ;)

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
  14. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    So I now know who to come after if I don't win. ;)

15. Jedi_Aub

Jedi_Aub Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    Yeah, some of us are on the edge of our seats here waiting for SbS to come out.

16. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I only entered with 1 address. I'm hoping the force recognizes this selfless guesture on my part and rewards me with sbs.

17. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Thank you, thejedikiller! I just entered and it's an hour before midnight. If I hadn't noticed this, I probably wouldn't have entered on time.

Well it's not like I'm actually going to win, but thanks anyway. :)

18. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    If they send out the notification E-Mails on Monday, there wouldn't be enough time for the winners to all respond. But I can't see them doing it earlier, unless they use some sort of automated system or decide to work over the weekend.

19. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    For you guys who entered w/ more than one address...what if, against all odds...you win more than once...

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    entering with more than one address is dishonest and it is cheating! :( I would hope that you could not win more than once.

I entered with my main address that I only use for a few things, and this was one of them.

I think they would notify winners by Monday.

If I won, I would save $20+ at the bookstore come October 30th.

21. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    Funny you ask, Mastadge. A couple of years ago, there was a contest on some website to win a Nintendo 64 and a copy of Episode I: Racer. The second place prize was just the game, with no system.

Despite not having a Nintendo, I entered, hoping to get first place. I used my own address and those of my parents. I did not register fifty Hotmail accounts or anything like that.

Anyways, I ended up winning... second place... twice. I got stuck with two copies of Racer and no system to play them on. I ended up keeping one until I got an N64 and trading the other to a used game store for ten dollars worth of store credit.

22. Simone

Simone Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Oh cool I am allowed to enter the competion!

So did anyone else get the e-mail about Star By Star and to confirm that you have entered the competion I have, just curious to know if you did to.

23. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    Yes- I got the E-Mail. After sending off my reply, I got a second one confirming that they had received my reply.

24. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I got the e-mail confirmation.

Entering with more than one is not cheating, it's like buying multiple raffle tickets. But I only used accounts that I already have due to work and whatnot, so it only ended up being three of them.

As for winning it twice, I would write back with one of them and say that I happened to get it twice, and that they should pick one more person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.