main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Winds of Change - Anakin's Saga is completed!!!!....Sequel announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Feb 5, 2003.

1. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well, as promised here is my next story. It is a sequel to Children of Circumstance, and it begins just a few days after COC ends. I hope it stands on its own, as well. I suppose it wanders into the realm of EPIII speculation because it takes place between EPII and EPIII.

Winds of Change tells the story of Anakin's return to the Temple after his secret marriage on Naboo, his gradual estrangement from the Jedi Order, his efforts to get back to Padme, and his first steps into the power of the Dark Side.

As always, the usual disclaimers apply. Everything Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and Co. I'm just a storyteller.

Announcement: A sequel to this story, written jointly by geo 3 and leia_naberrie, will begin on the Saga Board shortly! It's called "A Significant Touch of Grace," and primarily will center on Padme's story.

2. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    The Winds of Change

Nothing endures but change.

- Heraclitus

Chapter 1. The Braid

The hallways, training rooms and dining halls of the Jedi Temple were abuzz with gossip. Appalled Masters worked very hard to instill in their Padawans a high-minded sense of discretion and respect for personal privacy and a great many extra meditation sessions were assigned. But the rumors about Anakin Skywalker were just too good to leave alone. Everyone got involved at one level or another, but the Padawans, particularly the ones whom he had systematically trounced in almost every training match or competition, had a field day.

The Chosen One had returned to the Temple in disgrace. He had done Something Very Wrong. It was not certain exactly what, but the rumors were both imaginative and wide-ranging.

He had been badly injured in the process and was confined to the healing center without visitors.

There had been emergency meetings about him in the Council. Master Kenobi, who also had been injured, had attended all of them.

Most shocking of all, Whatever He Had Done had cost him his abilities to use the Force. Imagine! Skywalker without his Force abilities!

Some people even reported, in whispers, that there had been A Forbidden Attachment. Really!

No Master in the Temple could be coaxed to answer a single question about him. It was all very exotic, very exciting subject matter. Anakin had always had a slightly ?otherworldly? mystique in the Temple; now he rapidly was becoming a mysterious, dark and glamorous figure to the impressionable and romantically inclined.

The Jedi Masters saw him in a very different light. There was great debate among them as to whether he should even have been allowed to return to the Temple.

Skywalker had broken all the rules. He had severed his training bond with his Master and openly formed a forbidden attachment to a highly placed politician, a Senator.

During a hostage siege involving the Senator he had killed one of the attackers purely out of anger.

That was without any doubt enough to expel him from the Order. But it got worse.

The Sith had become aware of Skywalker and were searching for him. While he was in hiding and in dereliction of duty his Master had been severely injured in an attack that had been intended for him ? an attack that bore all the hallmarks of the Sith.

If Skywalker were expelled and turned rogue the problems would compound. But it got even worse.

For reasons that still were still unclear, at great risk to himself, Skywalker had performed an unprecedented Life Force Transference on the Senator from Naboo ? an action that had permanently augmented her presence in the Force in exchange for his own. None of the Masters understood his reasons for doing it, or more to the point how he had done it. Such an act had only been performed three times before in Jedi history, in cases of extreme emergency, and in each instance had claimed the life of the giver.

But Skywalker had lived. He was badly damaged and had lost his abilities to use the Force, but he lived.

And therein lay the heart of the problem. Only the Chosen One could have accomplished this.

But the Chosen One was reckless, disobedient, and not to be trusted.

So here he was back in the Temple, already causing disturbances among the Padawans by his very presence. The Force only knew what trouble he would bring if he healed.

No, the Jedi Masters were not, by and large, pleased to have him back. But for the moment there was nothing else they could do.

Completely oblivious to the debate and gossip that his return had aroused in the Temple, the object of speculation was lying on his back watching a sliver of sunlight move across the ceiling of his room in the healing center at the heart of the Jedi Temple. He couldn?t actually discern its movement, but over time it very, very gradually changed its location and shape.

It was astonishing, Anakin thought, how some changes in life seem to happen so

3. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    WOOHOO!!! :D :D :D

Such a wonderful beginning to a new story.

I enjoy the way you make the Jedi seem more "human" (aliens included) than the stoic monks they sometimes seem to be -- in particular, The Rumors show that even focus and concentration are not perfect. And, even more so, Obi-Wan's gentle love for Anakin is natural and real. And, well, fatherly.

I like how Yoda's perception isn't omnipotent after all -- this is not about Qui-Gon. It's about Padme. Idiot! :mad:

And, finally, this. Want to keep the kid away from the dark side, huh? Isolate him and make him a pariah. Good thinking!! ;)

Can't wait for more. Amazing, as always!!!

:D :D

4. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    AWESOME POST!!!!

Oh, dear stars- there are so many things to mention here- I loved every line of this post, I really did...

The conversation with Obi-Wan, Anakin's feelings, the "problem" ;) , even the using of the caps in the first part :D

Fantastic- this story will be fantastic!!! :D

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    He had a painful lump in his throat.

Anakin isn't the only one.... You know, I really hate you sometimes...

You write so beautifly that I am a loss for words other than to say that if you DON'T keep me informed of updates I will be sorely hurt...

*slow sincere applause as DB wipes eyes...*

6. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    WOW!
    waiting for more.

So Padme has all Ani's abilities?

snickers. I'm just thinking. [face_mischief]

I'd just love to see Padme o to the temple and beat all the padawans at lightsaber training bescause she has Ani's abilities. [face_laugh]that would be highly enteraining.

:_| :_| :_| Ani doesn't have his padawan braid anymore? :_|

*sniff* *sniff*
    more soon?

7. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Well, I came home to a pleasant suprise. :D
    This feels just as good as the previous story, if not better.
    I like the way you gave insight into the Temple and the gossip and rumours- a cool thing we'd probably never see in the films.
    And how Anakin disobeys everthing else except Qui-gon's instructions..so much understanding of and insight to the character.
    And of course, the crazy Obi-wan/Anakin relationship. Very well done.
    The closer things get to Ep.3 in this story, the better. [face_devil]
    Can't wait!

8. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    ::sobs:: Poor Ani...that's so wrong...I bet Padme would be willing to make him feel all better, lol.

9. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    YAY! Sequel!
    I like how you capitalized things like 'Very Bad Thing'. It made it funny while explaining and being serious.
    I also like how Obi-Wan is still watching out for Anakin even though they aren't on the best of terms. It shows how deep their bonds are.

10. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Great beginning! I can tell that this story will be as great as the last one or even better!

Poor Ani, he's finally realizing the consequences of his actions and it's a lot to deal with.

11. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Excellent beggining!
    You describe very well Anakin's feelings and thoughts. I like the way you present the Jedi and how they don't know what to do with Anakin.
    Impressive you use Heraclitus. Do you know that he is characterized as "the dark philosopher"? Not for being evil but for being very difficult to understand. At him we have the first writeen fact of using reason (ratio) in the way of man thinking.
    Waiting fo more...
    Thanks for the PM
    Lena

12. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    I can just tell this story is going to absolutely beak my heart... :_|

So, Obi and Ani relationship continues, but on a different level. And rumours are flying about the Temple - silly Jedi, get a grip! - it's all going to go horribly pear shaped, isn't it?

Your writing is brilliant and elegant as always! :X

Watching eagerly for next post!

13. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    So sad! But exceptionally well-written.

14. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    starwoid REALLY likes this story. :D

15. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    It is really, really great to see you all back! Thanks for checking in!

Darth_Lex I think there is a bit of short-sightedness going on here on the part of the Jedi.

LadyZ Thank you. I hope the story lives up to expectations!

DarthBreezy I promise I will *hands DB tissue*

Little_Skywalker Well, she is strong in the Force, but has never been trained...

Lando_Plenty Thanks! From this point on most things (except the larger story that we all know) are speculation...

Breanna_Irulan_Ember If she only would....

PhoenixMage Thanks. It's certainly still an important relationship...

aotc02 It is rough to have to face up to consequences.

JediArwen I am certainly not a scholar of Heraclitus, but the quotation suited my purposes perfectly. Now I will have to go and learn more...

illuminatrix I'm afraid you are right - these are darker times in the Galaxy. Hopefully there will be some bright spots, too!
    Dally Thank you!

starwoid I'm glad.

I intend to post on this story once a week or so, but I'm going to take a page out of DB's book and give you a teaser for the next chapter......!!

Chapter 2 Teaser....

I have had enough of this, Padmé thought furiously as the COM link in her hand fell silent. Those wretched Jedi have no right. Once again she had been refused any access to or information about Anakin.

Dormé flinched violently when her mistress suddenly began to smash the offending object against the gleaming surface of her antique desk until it broke. The desk did not withstand the onslaught well. Still unsatisfied, Padmé hurled the unresponsive thing into the wall opposite, making a nasty dent.

There was a long silence, during which Dormé wished fervently, as she so often did now, that Anakin Skywalker had never crossed her mistress? path. She had never behaved this way before.

16. aotc02

Oct 17, 2002
    A teaser! Padmé has a bit of anger to work out...

Please post soon! This teaser is killing me!

17. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Naughty Padme! Doesn't she know what anger leads to the Dark Side? I don't like how all the handmaidens blame Anakin for this. It doesn't seem fair. Padme is just as guilty as he is! Amigirl, don't kill me for saying that....

18. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmmmmm has it been that "once a week" yet??
    :p

19. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    UP! UP! UP! :D :D :D

More people should be reading this!!

20. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OK- a little less than a week! Here is Chapter 2.....

Chapter 2. The Puzzle Box

I have had enough of this, Padmé thought furiously as the COM link in her hand fell silent. Those wretched Jedi have no right. Once again she had been refused any access to or information about Anakin.

Dormé flinched violently when her mistress suddenly began to smash the offending object against the gleaming surface of her antique desk until it broke. The desk did not withstand the onslaught well. Still unsatisfied, Padmé hurled the unresponsive thing into the wall opposite, making a nasty dent.

There was a long silence, during which Dormé wished fervently, as she so often did now, that Anakin Skywalker had never crossed her mistress? path. She had never behaved this way before.

?Perhaps??Dormé ventured hesitantly, ?Perhaps the Chancellor would be able to help you get news of Anakin?? She didn?t even like saying the boy?s name out loud. But she loved Padmé and wanted to help. ?He seems to have a good relationship with the Jedi.?

?No.? Padmé was certain that she didn?t want to confide in Palpatine. She had enough serious issues to take up with that one without allowing him access to any personal vulnerability. ?No,? she said again.

That Jedi boy had left such trouble in his wake. Since his departure only a few days ago Padmé had seemed like another person. She was a bundle of energy and rarely slept. Periodically she would drift off with a faraway look in her eyes and lose track of what she was doing. She was moody. And most oddly of all, she was becoming illogical. More and more often she would base her responses and decisions on her feelings rather than the rational analysis that had always served her well. Just like now. Why wouldn?t she trust the Chancellor with her problem? He had always been such a staunch supporter.

There was a hesitant tap on the door, and then it opened just as hesitantly. A tall young woman with light hair pulled back into a slightly untidy bun peeked around it, as though afraid to come in.

?Come on, Dellia, don?t be shy,? Padmé said in a friendly enough manner. Dormé began to breathe more easily now that her mistress was showing signs of behaving herself again. ?You have every right to be here. You?re supposed to be running this office.?

Padmé?s new secretary was young and relatively inexperienced, but seemed competent enough when she wasn?t being bashful. She was the daughter of an old friend of Padmé?s family. The job with the Senator was a dream come true.

?I have your schedule for today, My Lady,? she announced with a little more confidence, handing it over.

Padmé brightened visibly as she read through it. ?I?m seeing Rowen Farr this morning,? she said cheerfully, and the atmosphere in the room lightened immediately. Rowen Farr was the Queen?s Chief of Staff. Dormé suddenly thought that the meeting might have something to do with getting in touch with Anakin. It was the only explanation for the sudden light in Padmé?s eyes. Nothing else seemed to make her that happy.

?The Chancellor?s office just called.? Dellia was a bit worried. ?I tried to put the call through to you but I couldn?t.?

Padmé looked up from the schedule. ?This COM link is broken. I?ll need a new one.? Dellia searched for it on the desk but found nothing. Padmé shook her head and pointed silently to the far wall. Dellia followed the line of sight and found the severely broken object on the floor. She looked up and met Dormé?s eyes. Dormé shrugged.

?Put a return call through to the Chancellor, please,? ordered Padmé. ?I?ll take it in the office next door.?

As she picked up the broken communicator and followed her boss out of the office the Senator?s young secretary decided that here might be more to this job than she originally had thought.

?I need your help, Senator,? the Chancellor of the Republic said earnestly. ?I hate to press you, but I think it is time you returned to Coruscant.?

?I have a number of issues to discuss with you as wel

21. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I found a lot of mystery in this chapter as well as angst. Enjoying this new story..thanks for keeping me posted!

22. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    :) how sweet Padme adopted bale' :)

:eek: the jedi won't let Ani see Padme :eek: :eek: :mad: those darn jedi!!!!!

will they let Bale see him? [face_hopeful]

More soon? :D

*attaches thread to R2 and points up. R2 flies thread to top*

23. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    I LOVE THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

So much to say... "Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is." Bale rocks!!

the Senator?s young secretary decided that there might be more to this job than she originally had thought.
    Ha! [face_laugh] I nominate this statement for Understatement of the Year.

It was odd how she always seemed to be pulled away by crises just before an important vote.
    It's Palpy! It's Palpy! Make the connection, you fool! :mad:

It must be love.
    Yeah. [face_love] [face_love] Although I suspect that whole "trust your feelings" thing affects you when you've got an augmented Force presence too... ;)

She was wrong. It probably never would.
    Ha! Ha! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I nominate this statement for Understatement of the Year also.

Marvelous!! :D

24. aotc02

Oct 17, 2002
    Padmé adopted Balé! That is so cool cause they are almost like a family.

I hope Anakin and Padmé can see each other when she arrives on Coruscant.

25. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Balé's BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Palpy, you snake... geo, you write this political stuff soooo well!! :)