main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Winds of Change - Anakin's Saga is completed!!!!....Sequel announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Stupid Jedi Council. Stupid, stupid Jedi Council.

2. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Anakin got to see Padmé again! It's interesting to read that Anakin's ability to use the force increased the day that he saw Padmé. It's good that Obi-Wan also noticed the change.

That was a great post, especially because Padmé and Anakin were finally able to spend time with each other, like they should.

3. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    They saw each other! Yay! What was that "fight" with Obi-wan all about? Was it just to get Anakin's attention, test his abilities or in some way chastise him for leaving his post?

Amgirl :cool:

4. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    At least they were able to see each other for a short, but fun :p , time.

I love the way you are portraying Anakin and Padme. Both of them are so strong and devoted to their respective duties, but will throw caution to the wind to be together.

Well done!

BTW - I spent most of last night catching up on your previous stories. What a treat! I'm simply amazed by the quality of your writing. When I read your Anakin, I can't help but think of the ROTJ novel. In Vader's death scene, he thinks of his lovely wife, the scent of wild flowers and of how handsome and strong he had once been. I can easily imagine the stories that you have created being Vader's last memories. I just can't express how much I'm enjoying your stories, so I'll just thank you for your time, effort and talent.

5. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    The more he could act and react like a machine the easier it was to get through each day.
    Your portrayal of his steady progression towards a Vader is so well done. He's gradually isolating himself from everyone except Padme.
    It's about time Obi-wan realized Anakin is different and can't function like them, and that it might have something to do with Padme. Jedi are so slow...

6. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    So they meet each other again! :) but just for a brief time. :(
    Very good, geo, I loved it.
    Palps arranged the meeting? I have a bad feeling about this...
    Does Obi start to understand somethings about Anakin's and Padme's relationship? I hope so.
    And I pray for them to have more time together, please geo, please? (In fact I pray for them to have all the time together, but..)
    Waiting for more.
    Lena

7. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Blast. :D :D :D :D :D LOL...

As Anakin's Master Obi Wan must learn several new words to express his feelings... :)

8. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Good to see at least Obi has noticed the improvement in Anakin after his time with Padme. Maybe he can convince the Council...
    (what are the odds?)

So Palpy arranged the meeting - am I suprised? No, not really.

?I am sorry to disturb you, Senator, but I bring news of a death in your family.? As she stared at him with shock he added, ?Perhaps you had better come with me.?

Not yet sure what was real and what was an act, Padmé asked to know who it was. Bending close to her ear so only she could hear, Anakin had said, ?Me. If I don?t see you right this instant.?

WWAAAAAHHHH! :_| You poor lil soul! C'mere till I give you a cuddle, Ani.

And what a smart lad he is!

Can't wait til next post!

9. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    Wow. This post is magnificent. I can't find any more suitable adjectives to describe it, so I won't try. ;)

Fantabulous job!

starwoid

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Thanks to all my kind readers, as always!

Darth_Lex Yes, I have always thought of Vader as having a brilliant mind, so Anakin has to be a strategic thinker, too. And "inspiration" is a good euphamism for a lot of things! LOL

PhoenixMage I agree. At this point there is no way he could or would go on wihtout her.

Irulan Just wait.

aotc02 It's amazing what love can do.

amigirl Obi-Wan noticed that the Force was flowing in Anakin in a very different way, and decided to test his abilities. No one would say that Jedi training is gentle!

lori71 Thank you! I'm overwhelmed.

Lando_PlentyFor me the whole point of writing this story is to at least partially tackle the question: how do we get from Anakin to Vader? I may not find the answers, but it is interesting to do the exploration.

JediArwen Palpatine always seems to be there in the background in this relationship. And I promise they will have more time together soon!

LadyZ I suspect that being responsible for Anakin in any way often has the effect of rendering one nearly speechless.

illuminatrix Thank you! Obi sees many things - but what can he do about them? It's enough to turn one into a hermit...

starwoid Thank you!

And...a teaser for the next post, which will be up on Sunday.....

?We all have a lot to overcome,? Mace said with the bedrock back in his voice. ?None of us is without weaknesses, nor are we expected to be. To deal with them successfully there is one, and only one, unshakable requirement.?

Obi-Wan looked at him.

?To be a Jedi first. In all things, to be a Jedi first.?

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    My turn for it's Bump...

I've stated before that the richness and depth of Geo's writting brings us all back again and again as if her tales were an oasis in the desert... Wonderful characterisation, poingnent story telling...

I could rattle on and on, but you (if you haven't already) could be reading her other stories...

12. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    interesting.

13. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Wow, is it me or is some of the absolute best SW fan fic being written right now? I enjoyed everything about the last chapter...Anakin and Padmé's desperate passion for one another, a torn Obi-Wan...all the boy needs is love ;).

--MissPadme

14. pensfan100

pensfan100 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2002
    I just finished reading Children of Circumstance and cried at the end! The follow up is just as heartbreaking to read! Can't they leave those 2 alone? I think of Luke getting married and I want to smack the whole Council for ruining Ani! Even Ki-Adi-Munci is on the Council and married! I wish there was a way you could save Ani from Palpatine!

15. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
  16. leia_amigirl

Jun 27, 2002
  17. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    DarthBreezy My first and ever-faithful reader; I'm glad you are still here. Thank you!

little_Skywalker Hi!

MissPadme I'm very glad you are enjoying the story. ****blushes****

pensfan100 Welcome! I love your passion!

JediArwen and Amigirl Thank you for the ups!

And now on to the story. The first few chapters were quite long, but that seemed to be the way the story wanted to establish itself. The next few chapters divide naturally into more managable pieces, so I will post them in chunks. Here is the first part of Chapter 6.

Chapter 6. The Lighted Path - Part I

?That?s extraordinary,? said Obi-Wan. He couldn?t tear himself away from watching the Padawan saber class. All the strugglers between the ages of 14 and 16 had been brought together into one group. They would be facing their qualifications in their respective age groups soon and all of them needed extra work.

?It seems to be a good solution,? Mace said over his shoulder. ?For now. Watch Brith over there.?

Obi-Wan watched as the boy?s teacher coaxed him through several complex forms and a few leaps, without any damage to his knees or elbows. Poulan was working better than he ever had, and even seemed to be enjoying himself. But most noticeable was his confidence. His posture and the way he moved could have belonged to a different boy.

The class next was arranged into rows and set to performing the saber forms in triple-slow motion. The teacher strolled up and down the rows watching carefully, correcting very occasionally. There were surprisingly few groans from the students, although it was clear that many of them found the exercise quite difficult.

?It?s unorthodox,? Mace said, ?but it works. He has been able to diagnose and correct a great many bad habits, and he caught two structural problems that had been overlooked before.?

?He seems so different,? Obi-Wan said. His eyes were on the teacher. ?He has opened up so much.? The class had stopped the exercise and was laughing at something the teacher had said. The Padawans never took their eyes off him. The atmosphere in the room seemed to be charged with a kind of positive energy.

?It suits him to have this kind of responsibility,? Mace said, and then added dryly, ?At least here there are no distractions.?

Obi-Wan shook his head thoughtfully. ?There is so much to him. He?s so talented. If only we could find a way to use it.?

?Don?t think that we aren?t aware of that, Obi-Wan,? Mace said with rare gentleness. ?We are.?

They watched the class in silence for a while longer. The teacher singled out a human girl who was fairly small for her age for a demonstration.

?Isn?t that?Gren?? asked Obi-Wan.

?It is,? said Mace.

Obi-Wan winced. Gren Illoria?s Master had been killed in battle only two weeks before while commanding a brigade of Clone Troopers in infantry battle on Rexus Prime. It had been an ugly, inglorious death - there was some talk that her tactical group had been betrayed to the enemy. Gren had been grieving inconsolably ever since, drifting through the Temple like a small shadow. Why would he single her out in that way?

The teacher sparred with her for a few strokes. Obi-Wan could see how careful he was being. Gren was hesitant, tentative. It slowed her down. The whole class seemed to reach out to her in silent sympathy.

Then the teacher whispered something in Gren?s ear. Obi-Wan saw her glance up sharply. Even across the room he could see a flush rise into her pale face.

Obi-Wan must have moved or released some feeling into the Force because Mace placed a quiet hand on his arm.

?Let?s just watch.?

They squared off again, teacher and student. This time she attacked first, and fast. The teacher had to move pretty fast himself to block her thrusts. She followed with a rapid and complex pattern based on the fourth form and had him backing for a few steps until he took over the attack. She slithered under his blade and turned on him again, forcing him into a classical thir

18. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Great post, GEO3! I'm glad to see Ani being more serious and patient.

Palpy is still a disgusting slime, though!

19. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Anakin has changed a lot. I think that teaching the Padawans and helping them with their lightsaber skills is good for him.
    What is Palpy planning now?????????????????????????????????????????????

20. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Wow. WOW. You've done such a great job with Anakin! It's incredible! That was an awesome post. Lol, I thought you should know, the link you sent me took me back to the main page, hehe. Post soon!

21. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I think my favorite aspect of this post is something subtle -- that Yoda's guidance allows Anakin to discover how to Find Padme, the very thing Sidious has been waiting for. The puppet :p inadvertently playing into the hands of the puppet master [face_devil]. Beautiful! And your description of what it is like inside Anakin's mind when using the Force to Find Padme is amazing (just like the life-Force transference in "Children of Circumstance") -- you have a real talent for writing this metaphysical stuff! :D [face_very_very_jealous]

Poor Gren. That sucks. Quite true to a wartime Order, though, I think -- sorry your Master is dead, kid, but you must keep training.

The Jedi finally find something Anakin is good at, and it still won't be enough. :mad:

Looking forward to him "finding" her in person. [face_love] :D

Finally, ?To be a Jedi first. In all things, to be a Jedi first.?
    I can think of only one response to this -- "Then the Emperor has already won." :_|

22. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    If only we could find a way to use it.? :_| :_|

It's interesting that so many fanfic writers think that Anakin would have been good at teaching children (I even remember a poor, doomed fanfic in which he was the creche master...)

I also liked your description on the Sith Master's mind and plans- very chilling!! :)

23. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    I knew that he had to be the teacher. What a credible step up from the Anakin we see in AOTC.
    I'm surprised the Jedi still have him restricted to the Temple without any outside communication. It's like he's improved but they don't reward him.

To everyone else he seems to be doing fine - teaching others, even. But inside he's still trying to bend the rules. [face_mischief]

Anakin?s recent experiences with powerlessness and helplessness had begun to teach him something about patience and planning.
    There's so much pressure placed on the shoulders of this one that it takes a 'Darth Vader' to pull him through.

The descriptions of the force are right on.
    His goal was not a destination but a unique personal configuration.
    I don't know how you write this stuff so good..

Padmé found herself smiling into the dark like an idiot. [face_laugh]

24. pensfan100

pensfan100 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2002
    At last Ani is learning patience. :) But can you let him kill Palpatine and be happy? I know, I'm a loser. I always believe in the happy ending. *sigh* It's like reading or watching Romeo and Juliet. I know what's going to happen but each time I hope for a different ending!

25. leia_amigirl

Jun 27, 2002
    Down with Palpy!!! What does that guy have up his sleeve now? He is always ruining everything! *cries out of frustration*

Anyways, excellent post. I really like Anakin as a teacher...it seems to suit him. :D

Amigirl