main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Windu and the Empire (Alternate Universe)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MacetheCouncillor, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Windu and the Empire
    Jedi Master Mace Windu sat alone by his desk in his chamber on the Death Star. He looked out through a window into the space, which was empty save for a huge Star Destroyer approaching its dock in the huge battle station. The Devastator. Darth Vader was coming.
    The Jedi Master knew this meant that he would have to be careful. Every time Vader had come for a round of inspection, he had had to keep a low profile, and he knew that it would be no different this time. The Sith Lord was the only one who might recognize him. It was easy enough to trick imperial officers and generals, but Vader would know him for whom and what he was if he saw him and his cover would be blown.
    It was sad to think about what a tragic turn of event things had taken in the galaxy. Palpatine, who everyone had thought to be a benevolent chancellor, had turned out to be the Dark Lord of the Sith, the archenemy of all Jedi, and become the galactic tyrant he was. Anakin Skywalker, the most promising young Padawan in the entire Jedi order, had joined him in his wicked quest for dominion. Mace and the two other Jedi who still lived now had to hide from the two of them and their minions.
    He knew where both Obi-Wan and Master Yoda were being hidden, of course, and they were the only two people who knew he still lived. Everyone else, friend and foe alike, believed him to be years dead, and this vastly helped him in what he was doing. He did not have to watch out for the Sith as much as he knew they were not looking for him.
    The time to meet with his fellow Jedi again was approaching. The battle station of terror on which he now resided was nearing its completion after years of construction, and the time would soon come when his task here would be done, but for now he had to ensure the final stages of his plan went the way he intended them to.

He sensed someone coming outside the door to his chamber and readied himself for it. The door slid aside and a man of average height who was in his early thirties came in. It was an errand runner carrying orders by the look of him.
    'I have orders from the Grand Moff, Master Diatt!' the man said, calling Mace by the name which the Jedi Master was known by as an imperial. 'Lord Vader is here for an inspection on our progress. You members of the technical team are to be prepared to answer any questions he might have.' The man paused for a moment, and then continued. 'I was also sent to tell you all a piece of good news. Lord Vader brought a prisoner, a most important prisoner. Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan was running some errand for the rebel scum when Lord Vader captured her.'
    'That is very good news!' Mace replied, sounding as if he actually meant it. It was certainly not good news, of course, but he had to make it look like he was on the side of the imperials.
    'Yes, Lord Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin plan to persuade her to reveal the location of the hidden rebel base. With a little luck, the rebel traitors will soon be crushed and we will have peace in the galaxy again.'
    'I can't wait to see it happen.' Mace said, playing along.
    'Well, that was all, Master Diatt,' the younger man said and turned around to leave the room. 'Make sure you are ready to answer technical questions!'
    'I will.' Mace replied.

When the errand runner had left, Mace began to ponder about the new situation. As before, he had to keep out of Vader's way. This meant that in case some technical questions had to be answered, he had to make sure someone else was sent to take care of that. That was the easy part.
    The real problem was Leia's capture. She was a one of the two children of Skywalker, who were the only hope against the Empire and the Sith. The Empire could not be allowed to execute her any more than they could be allowed to find this out, and he feared Grand Moff Tarkin had the ruthlessness to do just that. Something had to be done. At the same time, he had to keep his initial plan in motion.

Princess Leia was being led by Darth Vader and several Stormtroopers through the corridors of the drea

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This is a great twist to the story. I enjoyed it very much.

3. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    Thanks! It will be continued.

4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    What a splendid idea to have Mace at the Death Star.

I hope you redo Episode V and VI also, itwould be fun.

I have always wondered, if there weren't a few more Jedi left, who've gone into hiding.

5. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    I intend to continue the story, yes. However, because the my story so far has been developed in a way that is different from those of Episode IV, the situation will never be exactly what it is in Empire strikes back.
    I general, the further you get in time from where Windu first came into the picture in my story, the more different my story will be from the corresponding time in the movies.

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Thats fine.

7. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    nice to see a good what if dealing with mace windu, great job

8. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    One thing that differs from the movies, for example, is that the location of the rebel base on Yavin IV is not known to the Empire at this point in time. Therefore, the rebels there have no reason to evacuate.

9. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Upping this,so more readers my find it!

10. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
  11. darth_shockwave

darth_shockwave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    great story, can't wait to read the sequel: Jedi Leia, survivor Tarkin, living Obi-Wan, ...

12. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    I just wanted to say that I have not given up this story. I just haven't felt too much inspiration to work on it the last couple of weeks. I think the results when writing a story will be better if you write it at a time when you feel like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.