main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Windy Con at Woodfield

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Sep 5, 2003.

?

Windy Con at Woodfield

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes I will be at Windy to have fun and party till I crash!

46.7%
  2. Hell No, I don’t have time for such nonsense!

13.3%
  3. I don’t know for sure my mom has to give me permission!

6.7%
  4. I need more time, to see if I have time, to make time, to go!

20.0%
  5. A bunch of horses can’t keep me away!

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
  2. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok People, no one has asked the important questions! Who is going to Windy Con this year November 7th through the 9th that?s a Friday Saturday and Sunday! It will be at its usual hotel the Hyatt Regency Woodfield. This years them will be Space Station Wind Con! I know this con is one of the biggest in the Chicago area next to Cap and a lot of local sci-fi fans show up to it. I was wondering if we would have a Party Room at Windy?

So how about it people? We do or don?t, but I?m still going to it. I have room in my car for two people so if you are on my way I will pick you up on Friday after noon. Let me know. Also I may run a D6 Star Wars Game at the Con.

If we do a party room let me know I can bring food, I am a chef so I could make a gallon of salsa and or some dip like spinach or something. Let me know, lets start a committee!

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    If I have the time to find time....I will probably try to go for a day anyway....

4. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    If my friend Terry does another panel about dinosaurs I'm sure he'll rope me into going (and taking over the lecture, again.)

5. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I'll most likely be going. I live about 15 minutes away from Woodfield so getting there won't be a problem for me. Hope to see some of you there!

6. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I live 5-10 away and work at a hotel right down the street. If anyone really needs a room in the area but cannot afford the hyatt let me know and I will see what I can get you elsewhere.[/color]

7. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I would like to go. What type of convetion this is. Have no idea if anything for school comes up so im ify.

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Bought my ticket.
    :D

9. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    I have room in my car for two people so if you are on my way I will pick you up on Friday after noon. Let me know people!

10. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    doubtful Executor....I live in Mokena...and NO ONE lives near me....or passes by my place for ANYTHING....but thanks....and I won't be heading up there till Saturday morning....

11. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Just a reminder, if you preregister by Oct 11th, the cost of WindyCon is $35 for the whole weekend. It is $50 afterward.

12. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    there sure isnt much info on the website.

13. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I like the Logan's Run LARP and the absolutley nothing resembling a gun weapons policy.

14. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Lets start a party committee!

15. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Lets start a party committee!

I'll raise the subject at the CF Jedi Council online meeting tomorrow, but I don't think WindyCon is a high-priority as far as a room party goes this year. That doesn't mean we can't get together and do stuff... or, for that matter, throw something together at the last minute. Chicago Force excels at last-minute parties. ;)

16. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Thom Solo, you rock dude! I will gladly help make food if we do a party!

17. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    Damn it... forgot to log the chat! Hmmm!

I believe the decision was that we were NOT throwing a party at WindyCon this year. Sorry, Hans...

18. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    But I think there are loose plans to go party hopping on Saturday night, so if you want to organize something informal, I don't think there'd be an objection. I can donate several bottles of wine :cool:.

Myself and a few friends may or may not enter the masquarade. If not, I'll probably trapse around in my can can outfit. 8-}

~H~

19. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    There are always loose wo... er, plans for Chicago Force to be party-hopping at WindyCon, whether we throw our own party or not. That much is a given! :D

20. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh well one can wish! Well I will most likely be there and be doing my roll Playing game if anything, I will do the party rooms and just get sloshed.

21. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Oh sure....the one year I go....no party....

er...are you guys trying to tell me something?

22. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    We'll be there to party. That's a given.

23. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    Once again I have room in my car for two people so if you are on my way I will pick you up on Friday after noon. Let me know people!

24. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Party! Party! Party! TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA toga party?

25. ThomSolo

Apr 21, 2002
    Three words, my young padawan...

You're.
    Too.
    Young.

Seriously, pretty much all of the parties at WindyCon serve copious amounts of alcohol, and (try though the con may) not all of them check IDs as they should. I wouldn't recommend it for ye...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.