main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Windy Con at Woodfield

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Sep 5, 2003.

?

Windy Con at Woodfield

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes I will be at Windy to have fun and party till I crash!

46.7%
  2. Hell No, I don’t have time for such nonsense!

13.3%
  3. I don’t know for sure my mom has to give me permission!

6.7%
  4. I need more time, to see if I have time, to make time, to go!

20.0%
  5. A bunch of horses can’t keep me away!

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    You have a PM

2. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    I will be demonstrating how to make Imperial Officer's hats at our
    costuming demonstration/workshop at WindyCon, Schaumberg, IL on Saturday, November 8th from 10:00am-12:30pm. Zam Weasel will be demonstrating pattern drafting and how to make a jedi style tunic that fits perfectly. I will show everyone attending exactly how to make a pattern for an Imperial hat that will precisely fit your own head. I will demonstrate every step in making the hat with a series of 6 hats that I am currently working on in the various stages of progress. I will be bringing my own sewing machine, so everyone can watch me make hats at the demo. I will be able to illustrate all of the problem spots and give pointers on how to overcome many hat-making obstacles.
    I will be there to answer any of the questions anyone may have about making a really good-looking, well-fitting Imperial Officer's hat. I will also talk about making the rest of the uniform, time permitting.

....and I will be speaking on 3 other panels over the course of the weekend.

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    boy....do I need Zam Weasel's demo....
    is that a concurrent session?
    Or does she have a separate time?

4. zamweasel

zamweasel Jedi Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    If it's anything like the dragoncon demo, it will be simultaneous.

But Kathy and I did a lot of talking back and forth too so it wasn't completely separate. And I'm fairly sure this will have a smaller crowd - the Dcon room was packed (and loud with 4 additional demos going on.) I had a weird squeaky voice for the rest of dragon con.

-e

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    and windy con is a LOT like dragon-con.

6. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    well...Zam....
    save me a seat front and center.....
    :D

I eagerly await your demo...
    I did sew some darts in the back of my tunic that are hidden by the tabbard...and that really helped with taking the "poof" out of the back of the tunic....

7. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Life is about making choices & I have 3 choices for Saturday: 1) spend money & go to Windycon; 2) don't spend money & work at Field Museum; 3) make money - work overtime.

I just got the bill for my son's school in New York for next year. Have fun at Windycon folks. I can't even say maybe next year. :(

8. zamweasel

zamweasel Jedi Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I meant the demo. Not the con.
    I wish windycon was like dragoncon.

-e

9. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Costume or no costume; money or no money - I was still trying to go. But it looks like I definitely won't be able to. Bummer. Have fun everyone else though!

10. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    OHH OH OH me want go for imperial hat showing me feel like talking like cave man for no reason ahhh.

11. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    I would go, but I don't think I can go in costume. We (me and my dad) want to attend the costuming demonstrations. I really should do more research and find the schedual. I have school off tomarrow, so I think we will go. No parties for kids, aye?

12. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Bah! Man you have school off tommorow lucky you and the same goes for me how much is the tickets anyways.

13. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    For those who are old enough to go to the parties, please stop by the Filmcon party room & say hi to Eric for me. (wish I could be there. *sigh*)

14. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    Amber, I can give you a ride on Saturday!!! Sheesh! Party hard...
    Oh and I probably wont go today, Friday. I bunch of stuff came up. Sorry people. Lucky for me I don't have homework, so maybe we could do soemthing like we did at Wizard world? A resturant meeting afterwords?On sunday perhaps? Or am I saying things a little late, or did I miss something...

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I know I will see you and your Dad tomorrow Emma.....

I seem to remember that there was talk about going to a restaurant after CF table at the Con closes..but before the parties start..but now I can't find that in the thread...maybe it was an e-mail........can't remember..

16. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Maybe its a stupid question, but what time do they start letting people in today? I am trying to figure out how crowded it will be when I get out of work and I do not see anything that would give me any idea.[/color]

17. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I believe it's sometime in the afternoon. It's pretty quiet on the floor today.

18. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    good times good times!

i had a blast!!! it was great to see everyone again!

19. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Great Wolverine Goat!
    And I thought it was a kick to hear those female Klingons call Phil adorable.

20. flippingyodacola

Oct 27, 2003
    thats hilarious!

21. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    A great time, and I didn't break my hand on anyone's face this year (a new trend).

22. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    So far, I have yet to go to one of these Cons besides Celebration II.

And I don't think I will. :p

But! I really, really wish I had a costume. :( :_|

\\teeny violin plays\\

23. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Dude, you ought to come out to Capricon. At the very least get a badge for Saturday. And lemme tell you, if I could go back to my teen geek years, I'd have been at every con I could get to. Had I, I may have actually kissed a girl before I turned 27.
    Con's are Single-Geek paradise (especially for teens).

24. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]Dating advice from Dave...interesting to say the least. ;)[/color]

25. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    You're saying I should take it from you, Ms.-I-Have-Never-Dated-And-Don't-Plan-On-It-In-The-Near-Future?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.