main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL "WindyCon" or "Mars Needs Women!"

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hello,
    As most of you know, WindyCon is coming up, and WindyCon is one of the places where Chicago Force likes to go. We've come to realize that not everyone has a desire (or fundage) to go to this convention...but would still like to participate. We've had some grand success with having an independent dinner-party in close proximity of the conventions. This way EVERYONE can hang out.
    Well, at this point we're looking at going to "Mars 2112". For those of you who don't know, it's a funky restaurant with a space theme. go to: http://www.mars2112.com/3.html for a panoramic view.
    Anyway, we're thinking that 6pm would be a good time unless we find that there will be a con event that will be too good to miss at that time.
    I'll be sending an invite out to everyone on the Chicago Force mailing list. So if you haven't registered yet (for the mailing list)...just click the "CHICAGO FORCE" at the top left hand corner of this screen.
    If anyone has a more interesting idea..or a reason for a different date or time, please let me know ASAP before we start solidifying our plans.

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    For those interested in going to the convention, SW authors Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moestra will be at Windy Con. The guest I'm more interested in seeing, though, is Dr. Demento! Check out the Windy Con website for more info. For more information on Mars 2112, check out their website.

Phil

3. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Hmmm....I don't see a CHICAGO FORCE link in the top left hand corner of MY screen. Must be some special perk that South Bend people can't see.

What are the dates for the con? BobaFemme will be my date...

:cool:

4. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Yes, we have block you out Mav...hahahahaha

But seriously, it is cool that the little text of Chicago Force on the top line links you over, now if only we could get that banner working....

BTW I'm making the trip to Windycon. I'll have to dig out my copy of the Jedi Academy Triology for signage.

BTW2 What day are we talking about, Fri. or Sat.?

5. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    You should be seeing (at the top of the screen:

[Chicago Force] Jedi Council Forums » FanForce USA - MidWest » Chicago, IL » "WindyCon" or "Mars Needs Women!"

The CHICAGO FORCE should be a link (even though it's not blue)

6. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    No, you're right. It didn't catch my eye the first time.

I whinned to BobaFemme so that she would give South Bend one :)

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Sorry, Mav, I already have a date in Madison that weekend. Maybe the next?

8. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Awe, I guess. I'm always second place with you. I really think this relationship is going no where. This may not be the place to do this...

But I think we should just be friends.

:D

9. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Mars 2112? I have always wanted to see that
    place. Unfortunately I also will be in Madison that weekend. Filmcon2 got my money first.

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I cannot believe you broke up with me in public!

11. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Stop being so whiny, femme. And get yer own damn man. Mav's punk-@ss belongs to me.

I keep it in a jar.

-Le Penguin
    "As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."

12. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
  13. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Everyone reading this should have gotten a YAHOO INVITE to this event. If you didn't, that means either you aren't registered with us at www.chicagoforce.org for our mailing list, or you deleted it thinking it was SPAM. If so, post here, and I'll resend it to you. You need to RSVP at the Yahoo site.

14. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You just tossing me aside now, Penguin?

B@stard.

15. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, I have replied to the yahoo invite and will also say here that I will be attending the dinner on Saturday night. I will also say here that I will be getting trashed at the parties later that night.

Word.

16. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Darth Jurist Trashed? That's about as rare as seeing Darth Astuart or Moi trashed. I can't envision it.

17. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Please note, if you DID NOT recieve an invitation to this event via Yahoo Invite, then please RSVP here.

18. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Hi, I didn't receive the Yahoo invite. I've received the previous invite, and I didn't delete anything like that so I don't know what's up. I'll be going, what time should I be there?

19. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Hmmmmm, M.E.R. said he called to make the reservation today, and a recording said that MARS 2112 is closed until further notice. So we need to find another venue in the Schaumburg Area.
    We'll discuss this tongight at the movie and post the new info ASAP. I'll also send out another invite. So make sure you the e-mail address you have registered with us at www.chicagoforce.org is the one you want to recieve mail from us at.

20. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Got a call from a voice mail I had left for Mars 2112. Turns out that they have a dispute with their landlord, so the place is closed until further notice. So, we'll have to figure out a new place for dinner.

Phil

21. rebelspies

rebelspies Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    Mars 2112 closing really sucks! i went there last year with freiends but didnt get to go on the entrance ride...:(( i was looking forward to it this year.
    Whats the Cheesecake factory like and where is it located? Ive never heard of it or been there.
    Jenn

22. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I've been to The Cheescake Factory at the John Hancock building. It's a really good restarurant. You can check out their menu at their website.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.