main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wingman (post-Invincible, J/J) *Invincible Spoilers* Complete 12/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    First of all ... I thought you were kidding about a post. **FAINT**

Then, I'm reading along--loving all the Fel Family interactions--until the ending. I agree with angry_bendu1:

Seriously? :(

SERIOUSLY? :oops:

[face_talk_hand] Whoa, sister!

One second, Jag is winking at her playfully and two seconds later he is stalking (alright, you said "walk" but I think he stalked) away. I thought Jag was more thoughtful than that. Is he really scared to hear what she has to say? Is he testing her? Is Jaina asleep? Are they really going to break up--again? The Fels will be really unhappy about that. Especially if Jaina takes Syal's crystal with her. Or maybe Jaina's not asleep, she's still in bacta recovering from her wounds and having hallucinations. Goodness knows I may be having some. Maybe Jaina was abducted by aliens who are pretending to be the Fels to conduct horrible experiments but Jaina thinks her scars are from killing her brother?

I'm confused.

2. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Can you say 'once burned, twice shy?'

Poor Jag. It's hard, learning to, well, trust someone again. You can want to trust, but that doesn't meant the feeling of trust comes back automatically.

And Jaina, who finally knows she's going in the right direction, and can see where she's headed and is pretty sure she'll make it there, but Jag can't see it and that's frustrating.

But they're going to work it out, yes?

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Good evening!

Replies and good news. The final post is ready and will go up tomorrow!

jaina-Fett: And it looks like we are heading back to square one. Those two are impossible.
    I agree. They're impossible :p

Wonderful update!!!!!!!!!

carr3107: Is this Jag just being a dumbass? They've flipped roles.
    ROTFLMAO Yes, apparently. :p

Jaina is centered and focused (although not communicating well) and Jag has had one too many upsets to the system. Then again, I don't think he learns well by words either, so they're just going to keep butting heads until the message gets through.
    Hopefully for not too long...

jade51999: Hooray! A postie! And a good one too..but dang those mood swings!
    Not too moody just um...you'll see.

JAGSGURL15: good to see you back TKL!
    Thanks. It's good to be back.

post was wonderful as always... more later.. when im not coming off a 15 hr shift.
    Man, get some sleep I-)

angry_bendu1: Seriously?
    SERIOUSLY?!?!
    You are killing me TKL, you do know that right? Killing me.

Seriously [face_devil]

But I love it.
    Good [face_mischief]

J_M_Bulldog: *repeats the Black Belt principles and the Student Creed over and over to resist urge to grab her thwacking stick*
    Ah come on give him a thwack!

Sometimes, even when we are not ready, it is best to face the past and resolve the incidents from it so we can move into the future. If we wait until we are ready, we may never be and those incidents become festering wounds that destroy everything.
    Wise words. We are rarely ready for the next step. Let's wait and see what Jag does from here...

oldjedinurse: One second, Jag is winking at her playfully and two seconds later he is stalking (alright, you said "walk" but I think he stalked) away. I thought Jag was more thoughtful than that. Is he really scared to hear what she has to say? Is he testing her? Is Jaina asleep? Are they really going to break up--again?
    All of the above.

I'm confused.
    Only until tomorrow...

lurker2209: Can you say 'once burned, twice shy?'
    Quite possibly in Jag's case. Who can blame him really?

And Jaina, who finally knows she's going in the right direction, and can see where she's headed and is pretty sure she'll make it there, but Jag can't see it and that's frustrating.
    Makes you want to beat your head on the computer huh>

But they're going to work it out, yes?
    This is the epilogue J/J fans wanted, right?

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Part Ten
    the next day...

?Hey, Mom.? Jag stuck his head into the kitchen, keeping his body concealed in the darkened hall. ?Just you??

Syal glanced up from her mixing bowl and smiled warmly. ?Just me and the ryshcate. And no, you can?t have any yet.?

He relaxed and hoisted his duffel bag over his shoulder before stepping into the room. ?That?s fine. I?ll wait.?

She arched an eyebrow curiously. ?So you were hoping it was just me??

?I?m always happy to see you, Mom.?

?You?re home early.? She studied her batter as she guided a spoon around the bowl.

?I had some things to take care of before we leave tomorrow.?

?Things with Jaina??

He slung the bag onto the kitchen table, taking care not to disturb the scattered mayhem of Jaina?s lightsaber construction. He noted with satisfaction the box of beskar was opened and empty. ?You could say that.?

?Did you two have a fight??

?What makes you think that??

?I don?t know. Maybe it was finding you asleep in the den this morning. Or perhaps it?s been Jaina?s unusually distracted demeanor all day.?

He looked up quickly from surveying the contents of the bag. ?She?s been distracted??

?Quite.?

?Good.? Grabbing a wrapped parcel in one hand and a small velvetin satchel in the other, he fought down a smile.

?Jagged Tiberion Fel, what has gotten into you?? his mother asked with a flick of her mixing spoon.

He ignored her stern gaze, offering a quick smile as he passed through the kitchen. ?Distracted enough that she?s left on a long run across the grounds??

Syal canted her head. ?Yes. Gratefully. After she beat on that poor beskar for most of the morning, I was about to become distracted myself with all the racket.?

?Dinner is still at nineteen hundred??

?It is.?

He crossed to his mother and planted a kiss on her cheek. ?See you then.?

?You actually think turning on the Fel charm will be enough to keep you from having to tell me what you?re up to??

?I?d love to, but I?m afraid I can?t. Top secret, you see. Need to know.?

She eyed him warily.

?Trust me.?

?This better be good.? His mother held the spoon between them. In unison they both swiped a finger through the batter and popped it into their mouths.

Jag grinned as he swallowed the sweet concoction. ?Oh, it will.?

Leaving the kitchen, Jag hastily made his way to the hothouse. He hadn?t asked permission to cut one of her precious flowers, but he knew his mother wouldn?t begrudge him the gesture on Jaina?s behalf. He went straight to the one he needed, and after that brief detour, Jag wove back through the estate?s halls, down through the lower levels, until he finally reached the auxiliary hangar that housed the Blue Flame.

Even a quick scan of the ship told him Jaina hadn?t made any progress from their work earlier in the week. Just as he had anticipated. While his actions had Jaina obviously distracted, it was impossible for Jag to explain to his mother why they were necessary. But it had been.

Last night he had severely underestimated Jaina?s progress. Years before he had been the one to push for marriage, and the resulting pressure had dissolved their relationship into an unrecognizable jumble of frustration and hurt feelings. In asking Jaina to accompany him to Bastion, he had only wanted to give them time together, to allow Jag the opportunity to court Jaina once more. No pressure, let things come as they may. At first he had thought her refusal meant she wasn?t ready to spend that kind of time with him, that perhaps she still needed the shelter offered on the estate. Instantly he had counseled his eager heart for patience, reminded his brain that their relationship would have to be rebuilt slowly and carefully.

Then before he?d really understood what was happening, Jaina had scrambled down to her knees. The love in her eyes had begged him to realize the depths of her feelings, and Jag had recognized the desperation to connect. His father had been more right about Jaina than Jag cou

5. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    First!

That was so sweet (on target too, but even sweeter than that). They finally got it right.

I will have to figure out how to comment without quoting the whole thing.

Worth the wait!

Thanks!

6. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh yeah!:D That's what I'm talking about :D

7. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Ahh.[face_blush]

Better. Much, much better.

I thought I might have to kill our favorite hunk of piloty goodness there for a minute. Glad to know Jag will live another day.:p

Excellent job! Perfect ending to a fantastic story![face_peace]

8. Jaina_Jade_Fel

Jaina_Jade_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2008
    AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!![face_love]

Thats so sweet.

I love the Jaina/Jag banter and stuff....

Awesome ending! [:D]

9. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, well, at least I know now I was right not to thwack him. It would be hard for him to do all of this if he were knocked out. ;) :p

I loved that, though you stopped it before her answer, Commander. :p Which if it were no, I would have picked up my thwacking stick, Black Belt principles and Student Creed forgotten by the wayside. :p

10. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Haahaa! I was waiting for the first person to point out that I cut it off before the answer. [face_laugh] Truly though y'all know what it is!

11. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    There is only one answer! And that is written in the Book of Rage! ( too much Jonny Quest lately :p )

12. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    *bows* Hehe, you should know by now, Commander, I tend to comment on odd things. ;) :p

13. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    That's not odd! I mean I left that right out there. As the author I figured the answer was obvious but I knew some people would have wanted it placed on the page. ;)

14. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Okay, NOW I get it. I'm (more than) a little slow. [face_blush]

Got the feeling that his mother knows kriffing well what's going on--or at least she suspects as much. Love Syal.

Tiberion? [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] As long as it isn't Tiberius, as in another universe we all know.

A little hibbity-dibbity in the cockpit was the perfect way to mess up Jag's well laid plans, ah, so to speak. ;)

A great author always leaves them wanting more--and you do. I loved Wingman and can't wait for your next story!

15. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Catching up! :D

?I don?t know what to say.?
    There?s a first. :p

?Color is not the issue.?
    [face_laugh] Jaina doesn?t get played very often, but watching Jag and Syal team up on her to pull it off is just too funny.

?Actually it is.? The Fel family matriarch patted her son?s arm lightly and exchanged a conspiratorial smile. ?If you won?t take it, then I?ll just give it to Jag. To do with as he pleases, of course.?
    [face_mischief] Have I mentioned the Fels are awesome. :D

?I didn?t realize being a Fel was that bad.?
    Yeah, Jag better be careful what he says. Otherwise Jaina might start getting second thoughts about becoming one. :p

His arms engulfed her. ?Was that so hard??
    Jaina hid her blush by burying her face in his chest. ?No.?

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?The package. You thought it was a present.?
    ?Yes, you said it was for you.?
    ?Technically, it was for me?to give to you.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Classic Jag.

?I am ready, Jag. For you and I. For us.?
    ?Bout time! [face_shame_on_you] :mad:

:p

Great to see she finally came around. [face_love]

Without another word, Jag stood and walked from the room.
    Also great to see you haven?t lost your touch as an evil author, EP. [face_devil]

You posted so fast I have another one to catch up on too. :oops:

Back soon! :D

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Excellent ending.

Well done.

17. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Good evening!

It's nice to have this finished and the proposal out there :D Thanks again to all who have read and replied.

carr3107: That was so sweet (on target too, but even sweeter than that). They finally got it right.
    Finally. Many things have gone wrong on the way there but finally some right [face_love]

Chimpo: Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about
    Glad I could make you happy [:D]

angry_bendu1: Ahh.
    Better. Much, much better.

I hope that isn't the Ahh like when someone finally pulls a splinter from your finger :p and more like the Ahh when someone's scratched your back just right ;)

I thought I might have to kill our favorite hunk of piloty goodness there for a minute. Glad to know Jag will live another day.
    Jag lives [face_dancing]

The hunk of piloty goodness? Should that be a new Jagged Fel doll model?

Jaina_Jade_Fel: I love the Jaina/Jag banter and stuff....
    Their banter is very easy for me to write. I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Awesome ending!
    Thanks!

BA: Hehe, well, at least I know now I was right not to thwack him. It would be hard for him to do all of this if he were knocked out.
    Yeah I would have stopped him if you got too rough with the hunky pilot ;)

Which if it were no, I would have picked up my thwacking stick, Black Belt principles and Student Creed forgotten by the wayside.
    It was positively a YES!

oldjedinurse: Okay, NOW I get it. I'm (more than) a little slow.
    Not slow. I was intentionally devious [face_devil]

Got the feeling that his mother knows kriffing well what's going on--or at least she suspects as much. Love Syal.
    I bet she does :p

Tiberion? As long as it isn't Tiberius, as in another universe we all know.
    This was an admitted nod to that other universe.

A little hibbity-dibbity in the cockpit was the perfect way to mess up Jag's well laid plans, ah, so to speak.
    Ah the hibbity-dibbity [face_love] Yes, there is that.

A great author always leaves them wanting more--and you do. I loved Wingman and can't wait for your next story!
    Ah, you're so sweet. And if you keep a secret there is more to come soon. Return to Bolis Island is started, a little holiday story has the first post written and another story that has been waiting a long time for completion is under way once more...

Lex: Jaina doesn?t get played very often, but watching Jag and Syal team up on her to pull it off is just too funny.
    It would take two wise folks to get the job done with Jaina ;)

Yeah, Jag better be careful what he says. Otherwise Jaina might start getting second thoughts about becoming one.
    I know [face_laugh]

Also great to see you haven?t lost your touch as an evil author, EP.
    Who me? Evil [face_batting]

jade51999: Excellent ending.
    Thanks!

18. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Yeah I would have stopped him if you got too rough with the hunky pilot

*snickers* I would have been too afraid that Jaina would come after me. And if she didn't, I knew all the female Wraith personnel would. ;) :p

19. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Aww[face_love]

That was absolutely amazing!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

20. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Perfection! its wonderful to see them finally together, to see you bring this story to an appropriate ending!

21. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Caught up. [face_dancing]

?Just me and the ryshcate.
    No thudbugs? :p

?Did you two have a fight??
    ?What makes you think that??
    ?I don?t know. Maybe it was finding you asleep in the den this morning.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yes, that?s usually a clue.

?Jagged Tiberion Fel
    How many different middle names is this for him? 8-}

Last night he had severely underestimated Jaina?s progress.
    Poor Jag. He doesn?t handle misjudging situations very well. :(

Despite his attempt to deflect her with levity and calm certitude, Jaina had been a trigger?s pull away from proposing.
    Only a Corellian would analogize a marriage proposal to being shot. :p

She wore a black form-fitting utility suit with red piping on the collar and sleeves. Her hair frolicked out of the band that fixed it back from her face. That and the rosy hint to her complexion confirmed she had just returned from a particularly strenuous run. Definitely distracted.
    I'm Darth Lex, and I approved this mental image. =P~ [face_hypnotized] [face_love]

It had all come out in one breathless deluge, and there was only one way to respond.
    Glad to know all the pain and loss in her life hasn?t taken away the Jainablurtitis. [face_love]

?Wait. You?re not mad at me??
    ?Not at all.?
    ?But ??

:oops: [face_laugh]

?I think I can squeeze you in, Councilor.?
    O:) [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

?Come on. Isn?t that every teenage pilot?s fantasy? Being very naughty in the cockpit of their first fighter??
    Sorry, Jaina. Guys never grow out of that one. :oops: [face_cowboy] 8-}

She batted him on the shoulder. ?Obviously, you hair-brained monkey-lizard. What did you think? We?re sharing part of your youth by fixing up your beloved Blue Flame, so I thought I?d take my own stroll down memory lane with the other first serious boyfriend, who apparently I never actually bothered to mention to you at any point previously??
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Jaina stood with her legs apart, hands on her hips. ?I think I see something stuck in the intake.?
    ?Stuck?? He swallowed. ?Really??

Poor Jag. :p

Surprisingly, Jaina was still dangling ? or at least her legs were ? out of the engine compartment.
    Always nice to see a little nod to All Angles showing up again. [face_batting]

?A perfect pain in an Ewok?s rear, maybe.
    [face_laugh] Maybe sometimes. But it?s very endearing. [face_love]

Jag dropped to a knee.
    Perfect. @};-

22. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    Aw sweet. It was so them, with Jag's perfect planing and Jaina's impulsiveness!

23. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Good afternoon!

J_M_Bulldog: *snickers* I would have been too afraid that Jaina would come after me. And if she didn't, I knew all the female Wraith personnel would.
    Too true ;)

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: That was absolutely amazing!
    Why thanks! :D

JAGSGURL15: Perfection! its wonderful to see them finally together, to see you bring this story to an appropriate ending!
    Oh you're reply brings a smile to my lips :D

Darth_Lex: No thudbugs?
    Haahaahaa! Only for Mr Allston. [face_shame_on_you]

Only a Corellian would analogize a marriage proposal to being shot.
    Spot on characterization wouldn't you say :p

Always nice to see a little nod to All Angles showing up again.
    Haaa! I didn't even tell you that I was doing that on purpose and you caught it.

lurker2209: Aw sweet. It was so them, with Jag's perfect planing and Jaina's impulsiveness!
    Planning and impulsiveness like oil and water [face_laugh] but for J/J it works...

Thanks again to all for the replies. They are really appreciated as they inspire the muse to greater heights. Good news this is not the end to this story. Keep a close eye out on the boards because Wingman will blast forward into a new short story - Return to Bolis Island - to be posted later on tonight!

24. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    PERFECT!!!!!!! That is just the ending that everyone wanted to see but i'm happy you wrote it because Canon would probably have messed it up again. It was sweet....HOT....funny and so Jaina an Jag that i can't say i have a favorite part it was all good! Thank you for finishing this story and i'm looking forward to the next one!

Great work!=D=

25. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    I finally have time for a real review.

This whole exchange is just sweet and funny. Can't pull one over on Syal. She's making a rhyscate.

It's already been said, but the analogy is here is just so funny. And Jag just has to be the man and beat her to it.

And we all know that conversation is not what it sounds like it's about. On a more serious note, I loved that Jaina hasn't given up. Jag managed to fool her that her that her message wasn't getting through. She gave it a little time, refocused and tried again. For some reason, that just strikes me as huge progress for her--them.

And a reminder that Jag is occasionally really dense.

Do I detect a slight bit of insecurity here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.