main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Wingnut has had a car accident.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Do not be alarmed. I am physically ok.
    Mentally and emotionally is a different story.

I got into a car accident this afternoon on my lunch break from work.
    My car is being towed and will not be in service for the better part of a week or more depending on how quickly we can get the parts ordered. Its mostly cosmetic damage, I wasnt going any higher really than 30 mph. The hood, grill, and bumpers might need some work but its not terribly.

Because of this...I might need to ask for a ride home from Buffalo on Monday night. I can still meet you guys for One-Man but getting home will be an issue. This also throws into doubt my ability to appear at the WBER SW Radio Broadcast next friday.

More as this story develops from Wingnut News...or until my headache goes away.

2. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Dude! Glad to hear that you're okay. Don't worry 'bout ThunderTank; she'll be back. I'll see what I can do to help your situation. You know what I'm referring to. $$$. Take care, and don't be surprise about some stiffness tomorrow. It's normal.

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    The good news is that you are ok. I hope everything works out for you.

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    <Teletype Sounds>

This newsflash has been brought to you by the Wingnut Army, the sweetest smelling Army in the world.

My car is currently sitting in the Sterling Repair shop lot awaiting work. Hopefully I'll be getting a call on Monday for a repair estimate. I'd like to thank TX4277 for heading over to the Old Toad with me tonight. While most of the jokes were at my expense, I did enjoy the good laughs and especially good Guiness.

Now I play the no-car waiting game...I hate waiting. :mad:

5. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    It was my pleasure... take it easy... play lots of Halo.

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Sorry to hear this, Glad you are physically all right.

7. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    sorry about your accident, glad you are all right :))

8. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Glad to hear that you are ok. Hopefully your car will be spiffed up in no time. :)

9. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm so glad you weren't injured in the accident Wingnut! It's a good thing you worded the first line in your first post how you did, because that was sure a scary first post to read once I got home. I hope the Thundertank turns out OK too. :)

If no one else can help you - I can drive you home after the Buffalo event. But I'll probably have to pick up Connor first as soon as we get back in town.

~Doc_Bev

10. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Sorry to hear about your accident I hope you are ok. *hugs* Hang in there!!! [:D]

11. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    BummeR1 Glad you're ok though!

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    THEY TOOK MY CAR APART!
    I gave them permission to check for Damage not turn it into a Lego Set!!!!!!

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Minimum Repair Date Estimate- Nov 1
    Maximum Repair Date Estimate- Nov 9

Wingnut sad. :_|
    I miss my baby

14. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    How are you getting to work? Did they give you a loaner?

~Doc_Bev

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I am lucky that a coworker lives three blocks away from me which is like 3 min drive in the city. My boss has also been extremely generous in allowing me to mirror every one of her shifts as long as I get 40 hours working at work or documented from home. If she is ever unable to work, an ex gf that I am still friends with lives 6 blocks over and works down the street from me so she can shuttle me in. And if all else fails, I can ask my neighbor. Luckily I missed a bullet on that one. I do no have rental insurance through the car and they dont give loaners so I'm at the mercy of coworkers and friends and so far it has been very easy to catch rides and any who help I really appreciate it.

TX has already said he could give me a ride to your place on Monday Nicki and I'm taking Tuesday off from work for vacation to get some rest. Theres a rumor going around I might get employee of the month because I've been switching shifts every week BEFORE this happened and now my shifts are all over the place. If I win it, the prize money will pay my deductible so I'm a little hopeful.

So far so good. I just have another week and a half or so hopefully to go.

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    5 Reasons not having a car sucks...

5. I cant hunt.
    4. I cant go anywhere outside of Monroe/Alexander St.
    3. I cant really do anything costume wise because nothing is around.
    2. I hate bumming rides off people. I'm a driver.
    1. I CANT HUNT.

17. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Interested in costuming up for tonight or Saturday and hitting a couple parties?

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I wish I could but my Jama costume WAS in my trunk and I didnt grab it before the tow truck got there. I could whip up my Punisher costume but I'd be afraid the guns would be so realistic I'd draw a few looks. I dont want a repeat of CNSFX...trouble with the coppers is the last I need..

19. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Costuming up... parties, you say? You know my Cell Number, lemme know if you guys are doing somthing and it'd be somthing I can hop in on. Im at work tonight from like 8 to 9:30-10pm, but feel free to call me there.

COSTUME! PARTY! Its almost been a Week since I was last in Armor, too long!

20. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    AGREED... Will call if i hear something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.