main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Wingreen or Morrison's Boba Fett voice?.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Cybertronian Fett, Nov 23, 2014.

?

Wingreen or Morrison's voice for Boba Fett?.

1. Wingreen

46 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. Morrison

39 vote(s)
    45.9%
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Wingreen sounded good, but it made sense that they changed it.

2. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    Wingreen without a doubt

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    It makes perfect sense to have Morrison re-record the lines, but I prefer Wingreen's delivery better. Now if Morrison had tried to emulated the intonations of Wingreen's performance, it'd have been the best of both worlds I think. IMO the thing with most of the post-1997 SE changes (DVD/ BD): they have valid reason to being made, but they feel rushed and as if they were made on a tight budget, resulting like they are not up to ILM's quality standards.

Andy Wylde and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I love Morrison as Jango, but loved what Wingreen did with the role in TESB.

Gimmie a raspier Morrison dub please. Best of both worlds.

5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    There is only one correct answer, and that's Morrison. Because, you know, Fett is a clone.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Disney will probably retcon it. I really like that rumour about Boba Fett getting killed and someone taking his outfit, and Gary Whitta is writing the spinoff so he'll probably make it so the kid from AotC died a horrific death before the events of ESB.

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    wingreen is great but since there are 6 films now morrison is better.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Wingreens voice is the best one of the whole saga imo!

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002

Thankfully, Pablo Hidalgo already gave an official statement to shut down these silly rumours. Gary Whitta certainly wasn't hired for his nasty opinions but his ...talent as a writer? (I have no idea)

10. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    The original was so much better! I know with continuity it makes sense for Boba and Jango to have the same voice but the delivery was way better in the OOT. There are many reasons as to why their voices could be different.

Sarge, Jedi Daniel and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Gotta go with Morrison, but that's because I've mainly watched the Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray. I am more used to Morrison. Wingreen delivers his lines better though.

12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Definitely Wingreen, as I find he has perhaps the coolest voice in star wars next to Vader.

TX-20 and Sarge like this.
  13. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I hate the whole "Boba Fett is a clone" thing anyway. It's a pretty pointless detail if you ask me. I guess Lucas wanted to paint Jango as a stone cold killer who would never have time for love, but well... he wanted Boba, so that seems kind of contradictory as well.

Anyway I digress. Nostalgia says Wingreen, but it was a necessary change after GL decided to make Boba a clone. I haven't watched the original ESB for many years, but I can still hear Wingreen's "As you wish" as clear as day. I think the voice was a big part of Boba Fett's mystique and allure for fans.

14. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Morrison literally phoned it in. Wingreen was so much better. Why would Boba want to sound like a clone anyway?

TX-20 likes this.
  15. JohnnyAmato

JohnnyAmato Jedi Padawan

Nov 19, 2013
    With all the changes that have been made over the years, this was a fairly minor one. Wingreen was what I was used to growing up, but Morrison makes more sense with the prequels, so I completely understand the change. Morrison's lines don't sound as scripted to me as some posters have commented, but I will agree Wingreen sounded a bit more sinister.

That being said, I'm all for any small changes that help connect the trilogies better.

16. lovelikewinter

May 28, 2014

Lucas should have made the Prequels to connect to the OT. Not alter the OT to fit in with his prequels. Oh wait, he had it all planned out right?

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He redid the OT at the same as he started working on the PT as well. How hard could it have been to tie the PT to the OT?

18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Oh god not this argument again

Can we PLEASE just stick to giving our opinions on which Boba Fett voice we like more? Really

Andy Wylde likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Is there any actor from the 90's/00's could they have used that would have sounded similar to Wingreen?

20. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like the Kiwi accent and it is often the reason why I watch movies and TV shows from New Zealand (and the same for Australia) but that's really irrelevant. The original voice is perfect for the role and was chosen to be a voice for the faceless notorious bounty hunter role and in that particular Episode that has that particular tone. It's as integral as everything else in the production design. Temeura Morrison's voice is there simply because he played Jango Fett, and it was decided his clones should have the same voice, and that led to adult Boba Fett talking like that. That's all, so there's less of a reason for it and less passion behind the casting.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

So happy that this happened. If that was the Story I might have viewed that movie as the worst star wars movie ever.

Darkslayer and Andy Wylde like this.
  22. JohnnyAmato

JohnnyAmato Jedi Padawan

Nov 19, 2013
    Seagoat

I wasn't trying to start a "PT tying into the OT" general argument, if you see just my post I think that's clear, but I apologize if that's how it was taken.

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Bane

Jedi Knight Bane Jedi Master star 1

Feb 21, 2014

Why would Boba want to sound like a clone. Maybe because he is a clone.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. lovelikewinter

May 28, 2014

Leia disguised her voice in Jedi. The Clones were all over and Boba wouldn't want to sound like one if he had any intention of keeping himself anonymous.

TX-20 and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    The original Boba Fett is far more menacing. Horrible change.