main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Wingreen or Morrison's Boba Fett voice?.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Cybertronian Fett, Nov 23, 2014.

?

Wingreen or Morrison's voice for Boba Fett?.

1. Wingreen

46 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. Morrison

39 vote(s)
    45.9%
  1. bluecadet3

bluecadet3 Jedi Knight

Apr 5, 2013
    I like that for continuity's sake it was changed to match Jango's in Attack of the Clones, but I just prefer the original voice, as it's what I remember Boba Fett sounding like.

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I do like Wingreen's voice. However, changing it to Morrison's voice was not a problem for me. He may be a fearsome threat and bounty hunter, but he doesn't have to sound sinister. Fett is evidently very popular due to his stories in the EU, and given how he can be morally ambiguous and complex, I prefer Morrison's. For whatever reason, it sounds more natural and less defensive.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    I prefer Wingreen. I don't get why Boba had to be a clone of Jango, but I guess Jango was so busy in his line of work that he didn't have time to find himself a wife and have a kid. GL making Jango a "Fett" in the prequels was just fan service in my opinion.

solo77 and Sarge like this.
  4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    To be honest, I don't feel they needed to change the voice. In the OT, Boba barely speaks. I barely notice that big of a difference...

darskpine10 likes this.
  5. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    Wow, I just found this thread now and I'm kind of lost. When this change was made? For the DVD's release some years ago? Because I have this box and I don't know if this new voice it is included or not.

[​IMG]

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    04 versions onwards.

Messi likes this.
  7. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    For continuity's sake I prefer Morrison but I would have liked it if he had played it as coldly as Wingreen. Morrison basically played Jango when recording the lines. I also would have liked Morrison to have recorded the scream in Jedi.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  8. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    To expand, I much prefer Wingreen, but 90% because of the performance itself. Morrison should have tried to better match Wingreen's tone. He sounds so bored and subservient as he does.

Vib3s, Sarge and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    To me there is not difference at all. The tone is the same. It's a different voice.

10. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    Morrison didn´t need to watch Wingreen´s tone. Morrison now owns the voice of the character, not Wingreen.

11. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    "Owning" the voice (which is pretty disrespectful to Wingreen in my opinion, as it implies his work means absolutely nothing - different portrayals of the same character are no less valid than each other) is no excuse for a piss-poor performance.

12. Lady Warp Spasm

Lady Warp Spasm Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 19, 2015
    Wingreen. The first Boba voice I heard so it's stuck with me.

13. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    It only comes across as piss poor to you because his take did not match the one you envisioned as ideal and chances are Wingreen did

I for one prefer the flippant/bored Boba. It says to me that he's treating it as just another job. Not every minor villain needs to be ruthless with a big "I'M EVIL" sign over their heads. I respect Wingreen's cold/ruthless take, but as I said prefer Morrison's take.

Saga Explorer and darskpine10 like this.
  14. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

The tone is not the same. Wingreen didn't do his over the phone and actually tried. Your PT NO blinds you.

No idea why you thought you could use this phrase, but you cannot.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't mind the concept of Morrison's voice replacing Wingreen's for the sake of continuity. It's just that I really didn't like Morrison's performance in the dub. He was great as Jango, but his Boba was flat. He sounds bored - some say that works, and that's fine, but I think he sounds bored as an actor, not as if the character is bored.

So yeah, Wingreen.

DarthSheev, TX-20 and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Yes, he recorded his lines remotely because he lives in New Zealand. That doesn't necessarily mean he put less effort into his performance. I doubt Wingreen's original voice work for ESB took more than an hour to record, if that. It's not like it was some blood-sweat-and-tears virtuoso performance that took him years to perfect and which Lucas callously wiped out with the flick of his wrist.

Mind you, this is all separate from the question of which performance you prefer. That's entirely subjective.

17. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I simply don't care which of them it is.

18. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    I doubt it took even an hour. It's four lines!! I bet it didn't take more than 10-15 minutes!
    Darth Vader's voice in Episode IV was recorded in just one morning.

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Wingreen's. I like Morrison's voice, but for Jango and the Clones. Anyway, just because Boba is a clone doesn't mean his voice would end up sounding the same. The Clones would have received training from Jango throughout their maturation, and would then go on to train other clones, so they'd all pick up the same type of accent from Jango. Boba, however, had 25 years between the end of AotC and TESB during which he would likely pick up different inflections based around who he was hanging around between the ages of 10 and 35. It makes sense to me that his voice wouldn't sound the same as Jango's. And regardless of continuity, I just prefer how Wingreen's voice represents the character.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Morrison's. Wingreen's voice never stood out to me as anything special or iconic, and at least Morrison's gives some sort of continuity.

Seagoat and Saga Explorer like this.
  21. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Since Boba is a direct clone of Jango, his voice should sound the same. If anything, the altered clones should sound different.

But I do prefer Wingreen. That is the voice of a cold-blooded bounty hunter.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I like both, but I voted for Morrison because it makes more sense continuity-wise.

23. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I honestly don't even remember what Wingreen sounded like. Morrison is the voice I hear when I think of older Boba now.

24. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    I have a preference of Jason Wingreen's. The voice was rather much more menacing and chilling. Morrison's is fair though it is better continuity. Or Jason Wingreen could have played Jango in II.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or found someone who sounds like him. Or digitally altered the voice.