main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wings of Love: The Flyboy & the Princess. H/L fun! Post-- April 25.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 14, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Wings of Love – the Flyboy & the Princess
    By Nyota’s Heart
    Genre: Humor, snark, and mush, lots of.
    Disclaimer: Not owning the characters, but borrowing them for self-indulgent reasons.

Characters: H/L
    AN: A post-RoTJ bit of fun. Revisiting CoPL but with a difference and showing different avenues of choice. :cool:
    Thanks to Kahara for the fun and very apt title. ;)

The Alliance had become legitimate in a handful of hours, tense and life-changing. There was no world to settle upon, as yet. The fleet was still armed and in readiness for the remnants of the Empire to take advantage of any resulting chaos.

The New Republic, as they were now called, could not relax their vigilance. The focus merely had to shift.
    Leia had barely had time to recover from Luke’s revelation of their unique and unexpected relationship to one another and (more disturbing!) to Vader… when they were swept along into the Bakuran incidents.

She and Han were still feeling their way into a romantic relationship. She would not tell him about Vader/Anakin. She wasn’t quite ready for that bit of disclosure yet.

But she felt that her family was more complete than she had hoped or believed it could be.

“What are you so lost in thought about?” Han asked coming up to join her at the viewing pane on the observation lounge on Home One.

“Hmmm? Nothing… just how very much my life has turned upside down and sideways.”

He grinned. “I tend to have that effect…”

“Everything isn’t about you, hotshot.” She retorted.

He smirked and kissed her.
    He never failed to make her tingle all over … Leia realized. Even on Hoth, in the midst of a tangle of words, her pulses had raced with excitement, although she liked to call it irritation at that stage.

“I think the offensive to regain Imperial Center is well-planned.” Han observed.

“The Rogues will pull it off.” Leia agreed. “Along with Wedge’s new squad, the Wraiths.”

“That is one interesting bunch.” Han remarked. “Forever wanting to blow something up.”

Leia laughed. “Beats the Klivian-Janson duo.”

“Any day.” Han agreed.

“The remaining Warlords are stirring up major trouble. They’re fighting amongst themselves and also targeting us. Zsinj seems to be the worst of the bunch.”

“Hmm. Yes, I’ll be flying out to head the flotilla. And what will you be doing in the meantime?”

“Meeting the Hapan delegation. They’ve been so insular so long but they have so many valuable resources. An alliance with them will really be to our benefit.” Leia answered.

“They’re a matriarchal society.” Han observed.

“Yes, and their Prince Regnant is reputed to be quite handsome.” Leia answered. “But never worry, I am not one to be turned by a pretty face and an empty brain.”

“Glad to hear it.” Han said and winked. “Since we’ll be apart for who knows how long, we’d better make good use of the time we have.”

“An excellent idea.” Leia smiled.

“I have my moments.” Han said with justifiable pride.

“Not many, but you do have them.” Leia rejoined.

2. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_laugh] Ah, yes. I think now that the Bakura crisis is over, they are back to their normal selves a bit here. ;) Interesting to see Leia not all that impressed with the idea of Isolder this time around. He may not actually be empty-headed, but he's no Han Solo.

Their time will come! :D The Wraiths just need a while to achieve maximum chaos-making potential.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh] Too fun. That Han.

4. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    SOLO! WHAT A MAN, SOLO.

*cough*

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p[face_laugh]

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw! This was very sweet [face_love]

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all my fine readers. @};-
    Note: I was gonna take the “traditional” but AU romp but then zing! A very interesting twisty occurred to me yesterday. [face_rofl]

Leia’s talks with the Hapans went well. They seemed open to the prospect of a formal affiliation. Isolder, who was the one slated to be the Monarchical Consort once a bride was chosen was charming and very good-looking. Leia found herself flirting and attracted to him strongly.

During the formal presentation of the Hapan delegation, she and Isolder were in the cross-walk when someone shot a blaster at them. Thankfully, his personal shield and female bodyguards neutralized the threat.

“Oh, Leia!” Isolder exclaimed. “I am so glad you weren’t hurt!”

“Does this sort of thing happen to you often?” She asked.

“Not to me, but it has been known to happen in our history. There are many factions and sub-factions in the Hapan royal family.” He answered with a frown.

She scowled. “Not exactly what I’d call one of the advantages of being well-born.”

He laughed and took hold of her shoulders. He leaned in to kiss her when …

~~~~~!!
    Leia snatched off the Virtual Visor. “Who programmed this thing?” She asked heatedly, stepping out of the booth.

They were at “Virtual Worlds Unlimited.” Realistic scenes played out before your very eyes and ears, and even engaged your emotions.

“I would never act that way!” She insisted to Han who was emerging from his own booth.

“Hey, in mine, we took down the Warlord called Zsinj and his flagship the Iron Fist. I taunted him by saying “Kiss my Wookie.””

Leia laughed. “Your version sounds parsecs more entertaining than mind.” She rolled her eyes and linked her arm in his. “The coup against the would-be Emperor succeeded before Luke and I were born, just weeks before. Whoever rigged these scenarios must be an eccentric fantasizer of strange probabilities.”

Luke joined them and commented: “Yes, we’re us but the circumstances have skewed! Instead of Leia and I being raised together, we’re separated at birth.”

“Can you imagine the confusion that would generate?” Leia asked laughing. Having them both being raised within the warm yet large royal family on Naboo had led to involvement in Jedi things, political endeavors, and the normal vagaries of adolescence.
    “And my wife was an Imperial agent instead of a Trader.” Luke answered grinning. Mara joined them at this point. “Some of the scenarios were like crazy holodramas… you know the ones, with Tara and Duke…”

“Oh!” Leia exclaimed. “That’s the worst of the lot! When I was in the delivery wing of the Medward, trying to nurse Reylyn, the woman next to me kept going on and on about the steamy details!”

Han and Leia’s daughter, Reylyn, raced up and demanded to go on the Whirly-Twirly coaster – again! “Uncle Wedge says twice is his limit.” She said, her hazel eyes pleading.

Mara smirked and took pity on her 5-year-old niece. “OK, I’ll go with you.”

“She’d make a great mother, Luke.” Leia commented when they were out of earshot.

“Yes, she would. But I’m not sure she’s ready for it quite yet.” Luke answered. “Although I would not be sorry to expand our family… but if it’s not in our future, that’s how it’ll have to be.”

Leia smiled. Luke’s philosophical attitude stood him in good stead as a Jedi Instructor. She had learned a lot from him during her own training stint, since she had took up formal training some time afterwards.

“The adventures we’ve been able to experience,” Luke said, “Are quite enough for me.”

~~~!

Later, Leia shared with Han what she and Luke had talked about. “I am glad one of those incredible details from those highly impossible scenarios came to pass.” He told her. “That you and I wound up together.”

“You and me both, Flyboy.” Leia answered with profound contentment.

Fini

++++++

Woot! Could be open to continuing flash-fics in this AU if there's enough interest. :D

7. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    That was different! I'd say either of the AU's. I'm curious about how everyone met and what's been going on in the galaxy if the Empire really never happened. [face_thinking]

Why does it not surprise me that in any universe their daughter is a speed demon? :p

8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    There is enough interest. Please continue :)

I particularly liked the second one. "Who programmed this thing?" [face_laugh]

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Kahara like this.
  9. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Great twist! Aw, I love the idea of Luke and Leia being raised together on Naboo. Seriously, why didn't that happen (I know, because the prequels hadn;t been written yet) - but growing-up-together Luke and Leia are my faves.

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I, for one, would love to learn more of the backstory of this AU. You know, How everyone met and such details ;)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun story with the flyboy Han

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I love happy together stories like these. And I would love the idea that Leia and Luke were raised together on Naboo. Very creative!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all!! I love happy together stuff with Leia and Luke growing up together, and I really really love AUs where Luke and Mara wind up together more seamlessly. :)

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I'd love to see more written about Han and Leia before they actually marry.

15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Hey!!! Heeey!!!! You said you'd write more of this :p [:D] [face_love] And you can't drop a series that 1) has been nommed for the awards, 2) has the most awesome H/L title EVAH.

AzureAngel2, Gemma and Kahara like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Chyntuck !! I haven't dropped it. :D I am just fighting the irresistible urge to write T/A songfics right and left. [face_laugh] Every song now has their name written all over it. [face_love] I got it. So bad! @};-

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! A post! :D

~!

Winter & Leia talk about Han, soon after she and Han meet. A flashback.

Leia has to admit that Han Solo was one of the most dashing individuals she had ever laid eyes on. He had that confident swagger that said he was more than comfortable in his own skin.

"He certainly made that official function more interesting." Winter commented. She and Leia were close friends, having met when Winter's family visited Naboo on a vacation. They had kept in touch and visited ever since.

"His boss, Mr. Karrde, is very courteous, too." Leia answered. "An information broker I think he called it."

Winter laughed. "Smuggler turned legit."

"Karrde's second, Mara Jade, caught my brother's eyes. Literally. They danced every dance together." Leia smiled. "Luke needs a lady who will keep him from taking himself too seriously."

"So, did you give Solo your comm information? The correct code, Leia..."

Leia blushed. "He talked me into giving it to him before I even realized!" She admitted. "But hey, Winter. I'll probably not hear from him again. He probably flirts with every lady he sees.[/i"

Winter shrugged. "You might like to think so but I got the impression what you see is what you get with him. You'll definitely be hearing from him again. Soon, too, if I'm not mistaken."

Leia felt her heart skip a beat in unexpected anticipation.

+++

;)

Gemma, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Boah, here we go. Another brilliant idea of yours and therefore I am forced to read it, sigh! Because it is flirty, fun & different, as usual. I really need to dedicate at least 1 evening per week for fanfic. Because I could miss your genius and that of many other able fanfic writers around here! @};-

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Winter is an accurate judge of character here too, it seems! Nice to see that she and Leia are still buddies in the AU-verse. :)

20. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Winter is always on the money - very smart women ---she's another one I would like to see in the movies. Great little snippet. I like when we hear either the guys or girls talk about their others. More like this please!

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Yay, it's back! [face_dancing] And it looks like this AU is going to be an interesting mash-up, if Han is an employee of Talon Karrde here. I like!

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Gemma like this.
  22. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Ooh, interesting view into a world that isn't so darned screwed up as the GFFA we know! Love the idea of Han working for Karrde instead of being in hock to Jabba, and Han & Mara being colleagues. The Tara and Duke comment made me LOL for real, a lot!

23. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Yay, Winter! Love seeing her and Leia's friendship, and of course Leia's cruise down De Nile.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Here follows a comm exchange.

~!

"Han, I am so glad you were able to come to the celebration after my brother's Knighting. It meant a lot for me to have you there."

"And I can just bet it meant a lot for Luke to have Mara there!"

"You can believe it!"

"He's not still ripped that he lost at sabacc, is he?"

"No. That kind of thing doesn't bother Luke. And he doesn't play enough to be really expert at it. And he doesn't have a sabacc face, either."

"Something tells me you'd be better at that than he is."

"Shhh. I'm going into politics, remember? That's pretty much the first lesson you learn, particularly dealing with Bothans! Speaking of Mara, why hasn't she answered my brother's comm messages?"

"Leia, she's fighting it. She's interested in him but she's trying to not be."

"Is she stringing him along?!"

"Not maliciously. She is having a hard time getting used to the idea of attaching herself to someone. She's a loner, you know."

"Hmmm. Luke's been moping around for the past few weeks. We've got to get them together somehow and lock them in a room together."

"I like the way you think, Leia!"

++++

[face_rofl]

Fruits of their scheme next post.

[face_mischief]

25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    You Promise? I will try to wait patiently.