Wings of War (yet another Jedi Apprentice Fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amarice, Oct 4, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Peael Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. anijj Jedi Knight

OK, you've celebrated, now please post more story! Please. Please. Please.
  3. Amarice Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Here's more story.

As they neared the forest, the sound of the trees swaying in the wind. Actually, swaying wasn?t quite the right word; they seemed to be just trying to stay put as the wind, bad enough on the ground but worse farther up in the air, battered them mercilessly.

Trenianna and Forgena didn?t seem to notice the wind, but Obi-Wan did. He hunched his back against its cold hands. Trenianna noticed his discomfort. ?Well, at least the trees will provide us with some shelter. I?ll prefer sleeping there to out here.?

Forgena and Obi-Wan exchanged looks, Obi-Wan hadn?t been on Rallion long, but even he knew that this wind would knock off branches large enough to seriously injure someone. Even now he could here the occasional ?crack? of one breaking, followed by the hollow ?thud? as they buried themselves in the forest floor. He didn?t think it would be particularly useful for either Forgena or him to tell Trenianna, it would only make her nervous. Forgena seemed to agree, for she didn?t comment.

Even Trenianna realised the danger once they were standing at the forest edge; her face paled slightly when she first heard a branch fall. Even so, Obi-Wan had to admit that the wind was blocked by the towering trees.

Once inside the forest, Obi-Wan made the mistake of looking up; the swaying of the trees made him dizzy, and he started to feel like it was him who was moving. He quickly brought his eyes back to the ground, where things stayed put.

A warning flowed through his body, as the Force alerted him to a branch falling overhead. Not stopping to think, he jumped to one side.

?You okay Obi-Wan?? Forgena asked. He nodded; the branch had missed him by several feet. Trenianna was still staring, open mouthed, at where the branch had imbedded itself into the dark soil.

?Don?t worry about it.? Forgena continued, ?You just have to watch above you.?

Trenianna gulped and nodded. They continued, but Obi-Wan was starting to get the feeling that Forgena was more worried than she appeared.
  4. Master Peael Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wonderful can't wait for more!
  5. Durga2000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Writers block? Maybe the Thanksgiving holidays will help...
  6. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    Please write more........
  8. Gaeriel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, vacation's over. Now it's back to work........
  9. Durga2000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, we know you're there somewhere. What's up?????
  10. Amarice Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's more

After spending the last few hours trying to avoid being crushed by falling tree limbs, the whole party was glad when they spotted a huge meadow ahead. The long grass spread in front of them until the trees on the other side were just a green line on the horizon. The wind caused the grass to ripple like waves in an inland sea. Small birds swiftly darted across it?s expanse, somehow keeping aloft despite their aerial manoeuvres. Gratefully Obi-Wan rolled his head on his shoulders, feeling some of the tenseness, caused by looking up constantly, leave. He could tell from the expressions on the faces of his companions that they felt the same.

?Well, here seems like as good a place as any to stop and rest.? Forgena?s voice reminded them that it had been quite a while since any of them had spoken; Obi-Wan and Forgena had been too busy watching for branches, and Trenianna had simply been too scared.

?I?m just glad we?re out of that horrible forest.? Sometimes Obi-Wan thought Trenianna seemed just like a little kid.

?Enjoy it, we?ll probably be back in it tonight.? Trenianna paled at the thought of spending the night where they could be crushed in their sleep.

?Is that a good idea?? Obi-Wan had his doubts on the matter too. It seemed a much better idea to stay in the meadow for the night and continue in the morning.

?Yes, this field is in gretii territory.? When all she got from Trenianna and Obi-Wan were blank looks, she explained. ?Gretiis are predators. They live in huge packs of about sixty animals. They might not be very big, but if a pack found us, we wouldn?t survive. I thought Princesses were supposed to know about their planets ecology Trenianna.?

Trenianna looked sheepish, ?Well, you see, um? I, uh?? she quickly searched for something to change the subject to. ?How do you know there?re gretii here??

Forgena pointed to the large game trailed which ran in every direction across the field. Obi-Wan had noticed those while Trenianna had been talking, and had also noticed the strange tracks in the dirt around them.

?Will we be safe in the woods?? he asked

?Safer.? Forgena said. ?Gretii aren?t stupid enough to be out in the woods at night.? Somehow, that wasn?t very comforting.

After a few minutes more, Forgena hauled the groaning Trenianna to her feet, and, with Obi-Wan following, they started off across the field.
  11. Hiroko01 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love this story! Your descriptions are wonderfully apt, I loved the trees swaying. Brought back memories of the hurricane, girl, they were that good.
  12. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Say, this is pretty good. What's it doing in the back pages. Please, how about another post????????????????????
  13. Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Say, this is pretty good. What's it doing in the back pages. Please, how about another post????????????????????
  14. Amarice Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really hate to say this, but I don't think I'll be able to continue this. I would really like to, but I just got a job as a Legislative Page (I spend the day getting water for politicians in the Legislature), it's not much, but it means that I'm away from school for two days every week. Because of this I just don't have time to write. Sorry
  15. Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Does anyone here, for the millionth time, know how to make pics crystal clear like DVD's?
  16. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think that the reason why DVD's are so clear is because they have no compression what so ever.
  17. mbrannon Jedi Padawan

You couldn't be any more wrongo!

DVDs use MPEG2 Compression. The reason they are so clear is the mpeg2 compression, and the film transfer.. If you have the equipment and software you can do this.. I am making a movie on my computer.. and I bought software to make an mpeg2 file, create DD 5.1 AC3 sound, and multiplex (combine) both into a VOB file (file on DVDs)

So, once I can get my hands on a DVD burner, my fan film will be ready to be burned to DVD
  18. pitdroid777 Jedi Knight

Hello, If you want to see a pretty good list of sites with star wars animation then check my site out. Some of you may already know of it. http://www.welcome.to/swffd http://www.welcome.to/swffd Let me know what you think.
  19. Celes Jedi Knight

star 1
    Isn't school out for the summer?

How about another post, PLEASE!
  20. Jean Jedi Knight

star 1
    Upping for the move
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.