main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Winner Announced** The JCNGL Presents: The First Jedi Academy Tournament!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Connemara, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, the reason I chose NF is it's rather popular here for some reason. I agree, its sorta dull, but *shrug*

Annnyways, there aren't any rules beyond the TFN server rules, I guess I'll set turnament time to last 1 hour. If you are kicked from the game, or leave, you can still return and continue play, and I will be keeping track of scores, so the overall highest score at the end wins, so even if you leave your points will be saved, and added on to any future points if you return. But of course, if you leave and return later, that's less time to rack up the points in. ;)

This is the first official match I've done so if there's anything I'm forgetting, someone please lemme know.

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    See the confusion and chaos I have started! :p

Ah so it is 9pm eh?
    Great.
    Dammit!
    Well then I won't be able to play at all then.I have something to do tomorrow, it just popped up and unfortunatelly my hands are tied. I am sorry guys.
    We will definitely have to have another tourney soon. I don't get to game much anymore.

Once again, Dammit!

3. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Aww Chim...:(

I will have another of these, prolly pretty soon. I'm gonna try and set some stuff up for other games, too, in fact I rpolly ought to get started on that, since my free time is very limited this summer as it is...

Anyway, looking forward to tonight! :D

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I may not be able to make it either, as this only gives me an hour to get home and I *never* get off on time. So if I make it, Huzzah! If not, well then I got stuck at work. :(

5. Lieutenant_WesJanson

Lieutenant_WesJanson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    There's a chance I'll be able to make it. :) By no force, does that mean no lightsabers either?

6. Tysplo13

Tysplo13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2003
    By no force, does that mean no lightsabers either?

Probably not. Lightsaber's are always active, unless you the "Rail-gun Only Mod".

Anyway, yeah... I'll try to be there if I can find the server.

7. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey, we're not doing it on the TFN server after all, Night's gonna host it so he;ll give you the IP, and it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Errant, since the tourney goes until 10, you're welcome to join any time, you don't have to arrive right at nine.

Wes, welcome back dude, hope you can make it! :D

And Tysplo, we'd love to have you as well!

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    As Conn said, the Jolt Server is not restarted yet. *kicks Jolt*

Anyway, I will be personally hosting this game from a dedicated box right next to me. I don't know how lag will be. The IP is removed Standard port 29070.

The server is up and running, and I encourage you to go practice on it, to well me at the very least that you can connect. If anyone knows of any stats gathering mods, tell me. I couldn't find any in my searchs. If none can be found, the tournament host will be keeping track of the stats.

¤Night

9. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I was able to get in but the lag was bad for me. However, that's me. :p

10. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I am comeing but i can only stay still 10:00 (7:00 board time)

11. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    We are starting the tournament. We are doing 3 games of 20 minutes each. Come on in!

¤Night

12. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I love my job!

Time scheduled off: 8 pm

Time I clocked out: 9:30

Time to get home: 25 minutes

Current time: 10:10 pm

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but I didn't really think I'd be able to, when I found out I was scheduled off at 8. No one ever leaves at 8 on a saturday night, it's typically 9:30ish and due to that, I'm normally scheduled until 9. I don't know why he did it to 8 this week, as if he was teasing me. ; ;

13. Lieutenant_WesJanson

Lieutenant_WesJanson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Hey man, I just left but they're still in there playing even though I think the tournament is officially over. Maybe you can still catch them if you want to.

Good game everyone :)

14. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    I lost!

anyway Great game!

15. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    yeah, that was a good game! Conn, post screenies if you have any good ones

16. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    I have been watching this with "great interest", and am eager to know who won.

)~(Sith)~(

17. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    The winner is either me or (despite his cries to the contrary) han_solo_321 I'm pretty sure. Conn has the logs and is trolling through them (for every line of who killed who there's about 20 of of stuff).

¤Night

18. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Sorry I didn't get back to this last night, but I have now examined the entire game log, and determined the final scores for everyone. And our winner is...

NIGHT4554!!!!

The final scores go as thus:

Night4554- 47

Han_Solo_321- 36

Commander_Sesfan- 19

Lieutenant_WesJanson- 17

Jeff42- 14

And me... 5
    :p

But in my defense I was simultaneously trying to score (because I didn't know if Night's logging would work), and take screenies. I am going to practice my butt off and be better next time. ;)

Screenies will be forthcoming, and keep an eye out for the next big JCNGL summer game!!! Thanks everyone, for playing! :)

19. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    w00t! Too bad Jeff came late, he was only there for like 10 minutes if that gives you any indication :p

In my stupidity I forgot to get the "A Winner Is You" icon uploaded, or even procure it. If anyone has it saved, could you email it to me or whatever so I can get it uploaded?

¤Night

20. han_solo_321

Dec 14, 2002
    yeah 2nd place WHOO HOO!

21. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Congratulations Night!

I could've given you a run for your money had I of gotten off work on time. :(

22. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I *might* have been able to give someone a run for their money had I not been so confused trying to score everything. :p

23. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    *flaunts*

I ran the idea of making me a VIP for three days past them but they didn't really jump on it. I think we should be insulted.

¤Night

24. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Congrats on your win Night. I am looking forward to playing in the next tourny, but 'unfortunately' I am going on vacation this friday (the 18th) and won't be back until the 4th of July.
    So I hope there will be one befor I leave, though I doubt it. :(

25. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Sorry, none this week. :(

But I would say there is a fairly good chance we will have some in July, so youll be able to make one of those, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.