main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Winner Lose All

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Danz Borin, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Will this be added on to the paperback version of Scoundrels?

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    That's my belief.

3. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Good, I hope so.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I suspect that both Winner Lose All and Heist will be added to the paperback version.

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    I have to say, this novella is great! superb read, finally more awesome LANDO and the new characters we saw in Insider short story already too rock. Loving them. Pure Zahn expertism in creating new lovable well fleshed out individual characters. Also a nice plot.

6. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I loved the story, plus I broke down and bought the Insider with the related short story.

Thrawn, Mara and most of Zahn's other character should not be in anything related to Scoundrels (true so far) It seems the primary story will involve Black Sun. Maybe not even Zixor himself. but that has yet to be seen.

7. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Have to agree, about half-way through so far as I have been busy, but the it's great so far, Lando's awesome and the new characters are pretty cool. Also got the Insider issue for Heist, but haven't read Heist yet.

8. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I really enjoyed Winner Lose All -- while the story itself might not be that original, Zahn does a good job of keeping up the tension until the last moment (though admittedly one would have to be very genre-blind not to have seen Lando's last trick coming from a mile away).

Also, the Seven Sisters are another nice addition to the EU. Seven completely identical statues of mysterious origin, high-prized and coveted on the art market... I see a lot of things that can be done with something like that in other stories (or, say, RPG campaigns).

9. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Really enjoyed this novella. Fun read, and I can't wait to see more of Bink and Tavia in Scoundrels. If this is what we can expect from the other digital shorts in the future, count me in.

Also, I hope it's NOT included in the paperback version of Scoundrels. If so, it kind of defeats the purpose of releasing digital novellas.

10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Eh, historically it's just a way to get it ahead of time. I definitely feel it's the best move for all involved; there are loads of "casual" fans (as casual as you can be to still be buying a Star Wars novel) who would never know about the supplementary novella otherwise. As for the people (most of us) who will already have it, it's the same deal as buying a hardcover instead of waiting for the paperback.

11. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I actually enjoyed the ebook prequel to Scoundrels and wrote a review of it for www.g-pop.net: "...While Lando Calrissian is prominently displayed on the cover, this is less a tale about Lando and more a tale of a heist gone wrong turning scoundrels into do-gooders. I enjoyed reading Winner Lose All, but expected a little more in-depth look at all of the players..." For more of the review, feel free to check out http://www.g-pop.net/swwinnerloseall.htm. As ebooks go, I wouldn't say that this was Zahn's best work, but it was a fun read.