main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Winning Hearts and Minds

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by JediTre11, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTre11

JediTre11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    First, you must all listen to this.

Then declare whether or not you think Lt. Daily is the right man for the job.

I however, did not need to listen to it, as I know Lt. Daily personally. I'm not the closest person in the world to him, but I've been out with him enough to know that what NPR put on the air (or at least on the web) was very, very, very watered down. If the FCC knew of him, they would hire a staff to walk around with a loud speaker bleeping things that he blurts out. Two specific occasions come to mind.

Josh sees someone double-park in a handicapped space. He wasn't fast enough to catch the driver, so he barked at the passenger. Her eyes wide with surprise and absolute confusion, Josh decides to spare her and....hunt...the driver inside the Fred Meyer. When he can't find him, he resorts to yelling at the nearest Barista. She mouths back in her own defense, only to recieve what surely the proposed FCC squad would have bleeped. Tired of his tirade, returns to the car, smacks the sign in front of the pimped-out ride and says something along the lines of "next time you may need it!"

But it gets better. Very poignant in my memory is Josh hanging out the back of a car, and screaming "Gook!" to anyone that looked even moderately asian. When the car stopped, Josh didn't. To his credit, I don't think of him as a racist, because I believe, as he has said, that he hates all people equally.

Now, can anyone, think of someone better suited to win the hearts and minds? I for one, know that the philosophical motives for the war that are so like toilet paper here in the US, are quite a long way from Lt. Daily's daily contemplations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.