main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Winston-Salem FanForce?

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by RidingMyCarousel, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey, I just wanted to drop by and say "hey" to fellow NC fans. I was just curious if y'all were thinking of starting a FanForce.

If you guys are, let me know and I'll be glad to help y'all out with anything you need!

~ James

2. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    does it hurt?
    what is it, exactly?
    i'm too lazy to go searchin'.
    gimme a link to click on!

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    A FanForce is a group of StarWars Fans in one general area. They meet every now and then, do things together and become friends. :D

It's quite free and fun, trust me :)

If you want, check out the Charlotte, NC boards so that you have an idea of what happens in a FanForce.

If you guys need anything else, feel free to pester me ;)

4. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    >A FanForce is a group of StarWars Fans in one general area.

oh yeah? well then about 4 of us have been a fanforce since like, '95. others joined in march of 99 when i started the first winston-salem forum on countingdown.

>They meet every now and then, do things together and become friends.

heh heh heh. do things. heh heh heh.

>It's quite free and fun, trust me

does it get you all sticky? oh, i don't wanna do it if it gets you all sticky...

>If you want, check out the Charlotte, NC boards so that you have an idea of what happens in a FanForce.

i just might do that.

>If you guys need anything else, feel free to pester me

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Alright, I guess I'm going to talk to Minacia about details... maybe y'all could be an official FanForce already! :D

A few things that is asked, though:
    - We ask that you use the Jedi Council boards as your official FanForce board
    - We ask that you tell someone (an RSA/Admin for FanForce) about upcoming meetings

There's more, but I'll have Minacia elaborate.

Oh and if you don't mind, would you PM me with your 3 most recent meetings, names (first and JC if applicable) of those who attended, and whatnot? Thanks!

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm here to elaborate. ;)

To be an official FanForce chapter, you must hold three meetings, with at least three people in attendance at each meeting. Each meeting must be announced on the FanForce web site for them to count toward your official meeting total. (I will take care of this if someone sends me the meeting time and date, as well as a contact name and e-mail).

For more details, check out the FanForce FAQ.

If anyone has any further questions, please contact me via PM or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net. :)

7. VinkFloyd

Sep 28, 2000
    well, here's the thing right... we've had about 4 "official" forums for our group since march '99 and all 4 of them have been shut down. maybe we're bad luck or something...
    now, i'm not trying to speak for the whole group here, but, we kinda do things a little spontaneous, so, i don't think that at this time any of us are going to be planning meetings and whatnot. it's more of a whatever/whenever type situation. our phone traffic kinda exceeds our web traffic. in fact, i'm really surprised at the lack of web traffic as compared to '99. it's a different vibe this time around, i guess. and everyone works at a different job and has a different schedule. hell, at least 3 of us who had jobs with 'net access no longer have that 'net access at our current jobs.
    anyway, i appreciate the invite, but i don't see it happening, simply based on lack of interest. if i'm wrong, i'm sure everyone will tell me, but these are the vibes i'm getting.

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    FanForce is about much more than web traffic. In fact, our goal is to facilitate "real life" meetings. We just use these message boards as our communication link, so to speak. :)

If you would like to see how other chapters operate, and the types of activities they engage in, I would suggest checking out the following websites for groups in the South Region: HothlantaRebels.com (Atlanta, GA) or www.nashvilleforce.com (Nashville, TN).

If there is ever any interest in forming a FanForce chapter in your area, please let me know. I'm here to help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.