Beyond Winter Break: Jedi Ski Trip (Cast of FOTJ, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Jan 27, 2014.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love the men bantering and showing off
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. windu4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Kyle Katarn and Jagged Fel's manly showdowns crack me up the most!
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Death defying acts. For some reason I am reminded of a scene from a book a read a few years ago where these soldiers got tired of one of their cabin mates playing the same music CD at a loud volume over and over so they decided to try and drown his music with their favorite music. The guy in charge was ticked when he learned that his adult men were acting like a bunch of boys on testosterone.

At least some people seem to be having fun.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Yup, wise and sane thing: stick to the intermediate slope :p Yay for Kyp and Octa on the grav-lift together ;)
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Why is Ben skiing? I thought he was cooler than that. [face_not_talking]
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Ewok_Slayer Force Ghost

star 1
    That was nice of Kyle to save Jag.
    Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Gemma Jedi Master

star 3
    Nice update. I agree with Ben -- I hate the cold. Loved your description of the characters on the slopes -- I could them like I was watching a movie. And it's nice to see Kyp having a romance too. I enjoyed Luke watching the others and his chat with Kyle.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    Aaaaaaaannnnnd I just found this. This is awesome. I have never been skiing, but I would love to give it a try sometime.

I never read the spring break story. Kyle beat Jag up, huh? I may have to go back and read that one.

As for Seha's dreams, why do I get the feeling that it's a literal Force vision and Vestara is going to show up later in the story? :D

Tag, please!
    Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    @Ewok_Slayer, @Lady_Misty, @Jedi_Lover, @windu4, @earlybird-obi-wan, @Nyota's Heart, @Revan_AnakinSolo, @Gemma, @jcgoble3

The sun was setting and it was getting very cold–colder than usual–so the Jedi went inside. The resort had a very nice cafeteria with food that actually tasted like food, as opposed to what hotels usually served. Ben, despite his repeated falling and injuring himself on the slopes, was in good spirits now; he was warm, eating, and nothing had broken. So he chewed thoughtfully on a warm biscuit and sighed in satisfaction.

Seha sat down across from them, nerf chops with gravy on her tray. She smiled at him and he smiled back. Ben took another bite of his roll.

"I think we'll have a lot of fun on this vacation," he said, "as long as I learn how to ski before we leave."

Seha chuckled. "Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it."

"Yeah, I know. It's just annoying that I can't do it right away. I'm usually good at this kind of thing."

"Well, the GAG can't prepare you for everything."

Ben laughed. "I know."

Luke sat in his bedroom, meditating. Seha's dreams had disturbed him. He wondered if it had something to do with Vestara Khai being involved in the bank raid on the hotel on Spira. He frowned. The trail had gone cold on that case; the Jedi investigators had been unable to track down Khai after they'd left Spira. Luke was worried; the bank raid hadn't exactly been a Sith plot so she must have something else planned.

There was a knock on the door. "Master Skywalker?"

Luke rose, walked over to the door, and opened it. Corran Horn stood outside.

"Corran? What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing's wrong. I just wanted to make sure you were all right."

"Yeah, I'm fine Corran. Why?"

"I just sensed you were disturbed."

He sighed. "Well, I am. Seha Dorvald has been having visions that worry me. Visions involving Ben."

Corran grimaced. "Bad timing, huh? Come on, at least enjoy the vacation before you worry about that. The resort has an indoor net-ball court. Mirax has been bugging me to play; I'd like you to come down. Kyle and Jan are in, too. So are some of the other Masters."

Luke smiled. "I'd like that, Corran. Let's go."
    jcgoble3 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I assume net-ball is basketball. I wonder if Jedi would use the Force to dunk the ball. Nice update.
    Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking that it might be Volleyball. But I wouldn't know and I am bad at sports. A little slow and I HATE things that could hit me in the face. I think it's because about the time I entered first grade I got glasses and just developed a fear of breaking them. And i did damage my share of glasses before fourth grade, I lost a few screws, a lens cracked because I lost a screw and a lens fell out.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Volleyball was my original guess, but then I couldn't see guys getting enthusiastic over a volleyball game (maybe because I despise the game). It could be either one.
    Revanfan1 and Lady_Misty like this.
  13. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    I actually intended tennis, because that seems like the kind of thing they'd have an indoor court for, but basketball would've been my second choice. ;)
    Gemma likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice update. Not slamball?

Or this ballgame?

[IMG]
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Tennis? Boring. You don't get elbows in the face in tennis...unless you are playing John McEnroe. :p
    Gemma, jcgoble3 and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Ewok_Slayer Force Ghost

star 1
    I'd like to see Kyle and Jag playing basketball...of course, that might not turn out well. I want to see a dodge ball game. I bet with the Force you can get the velocity of those balls up to bruising speed.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Basketball and volleyball would be the better options for that, but netball would make me think basketball. Tennis isn't really easy to get into, imo.

EDIT: But badminton would be cool. I loved playing that. :D
    Last edited by Revan_AnakinSolo, Feb 6, 2014
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Ewok_Slayer Force Ghost

star 1
    My roommate played that for some PE class. He got mad at me because I kept calling the birdie a shuttlecock. I told him don't get mad at me. I wasn't the one handling and hitting a shuttlecock.

That is the correct term! o_O
    Last edited by Ewok_Slayer, Feb 6, 2014
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It is. I played it in phys-ed as well, I quite enjoyed it, and not only because I was always partnered with this really cute girl. :p
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Looking forward to the net-ball match. Hopefully Luke unwinding and socializing will help him come back fresh and think of a solution. I noticed he is concerned about Vestara's agenda all the way back to the spring break caper. [face_thinking]
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    Nice! Can't wait to see how much of an athlete Luke is. :D
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    The dude walked on lava! I am pretty sure no matter what he is doing he is AMAZING! [said in a totally fangirl voice]. :p
    Nyota's Heart, jcgoble3 and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    @Ewok_Slayer, @Lady_Misty, @Jedi_Lover, @Revan_AnakinSolo, @jcgoble3, @Gemma, @Nyota's Heart, @windu4, @earlybird-obi-wan

Luke stripped off his shirt so he was wearing a gray undershirt, and picked up his net-ball racquet. He moved over to one side of the net, where Corran and Mirax stood, with Kyle, Jan, and Barratk'l, a Yuzzem Jedi Master, on the other side. With Barratk'l on their side, Kyle and Jan would have a definite advantage, but Luke wasn't ready to discount Corran's competitiveness or Mirax's sneakiness, either. Assuming a ready position similar to a lightsaber-fighting stance, Luke held up the ball.

"Everyone ready?" he asked.

"Ready," Kyle confirmed for the other team.

"First serve," Luke said.

He threw the ball in the air and swatted it forward across the net. Barratk'l lunged forward and caught it on her own racquet, sending it back. Mirax lithely stepped in front of the rapidly-moving ball and swatted it back. Kyle leapt in the air and slapped the ball out of the air, back to Luke's side. Corran sprinted forward and barely caught the ball before it hit the floor. Soon, the ball was a blur, flying across the room. Mirax and Jan, not Force-sensitive, had a hard time keeping up, and even Luke was panting with exertion after five minutes of returning Barratk'l's attacks. The female Yuzzem was fierce.

Finally, the ball hit the ground when Corran narrowly missed a return by Kyle. Corran sighed.

"Zero, one," Luke said.

He rolled the ball under the net to Kyle, who quickly set up to serve. He hit the ball with fervor, sending it straight for Luke. Luke ran forward and backhanded the ball with his racquet, returning it. Jan leapt with a light grunt of exertion and swatted it back. Corran, now in full-on I'll-beat-you-or-die-trying mode, pushed off with his right foot, caught the ball, and slammed it across the net with the strength of a professional sword fighter. The ball shot forward with a blur. Barratk'l tried to catch it but her racquet only brushed it, and the ball fell to the floor.

"One, all," Corran said with a fiery grin.

"It's on now," Kyle replied grimly.

The ball began to fly with increasing dexterity, Luke and Corran and Kyle and Barratk'l using their advanced physical training to catch balls that would've been otherwise impossible. Jan and Mirax groaned and moved to the sidelines to sit down. When their husbands got this competitive, they knew better than to try to interfere; if they did, they'd likely end up with bruises, at least. Ten minutes later, the four Jedi stood still, panting and sweating fiercely. The end result was Luke and Corran, fifteen points, Kyle and Barratk'l, fourteen.

"The sweet smell of success," Corran said with a grin.

"And the sour smell of sweat and over-competitiveness," Mirax added. "Go shower, honey."

Corran chuckled. "Yes, dear."

The shadowy figure did not tell Seha its name, but she knew it. It was Vestara Khai. She knew it because Jaina had told her, and Seha had kept it to herself all this time, never telling Ben. She wondered now if that had been a mistake. Vestara was clad in black leather pants, a crimson shirt, and a black vest. She held a glass shikkar knife in one hand and a lightsaber in the other.
    She was fighting Ben. Seha ran toward them, hoping to save Ben. She ignited her lightsaber, its red blade shining in the darkness around them. Seha slashed at Vestara, and suddenly the Sith witch jumped in the air, and Seha's blade bit deep into Ben's chest. Seha watched, horrified, as Ben dropped to the ground, struggling for breath.

"Finish him, Seha," Vestara snarled. "Now!"

Seha wanted to tell her no, to make her stop. "Yes, Mistress," she said instead.

She slashed downward, her lightsaber neatly decapitating Ben. Vestara laughed an evil, throaty laugh, and Seha laughed with her. Vestara put her hands on Seha's shoulder.

"Now, there is nothing to stop us from ruling the galaxy!"

Seha shot up in bed with a gasp of horror. She put her hands on her head and breathed heavily. It was happening with more frequency now; she had to get to the bottom of this before she went insane. Rising, she walked over to her bedroom's small kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. She downed the entire glass without stopping, and then poured a second glass, which she drank more slowly.

"It doesn't make sense," she told herself quietly. "I could never hurt Ben. Never."

There was a knock on her door. Seha walked over and glanced out the peephole. It was Ben. She slid the door open and let him enter. Ben wore a sleep shirt and boxers, and he had a worried look on his face.

"Seha, I sensed your fear. Are you all right?"

She nodded. "I'm fine. It's just...the dreams again."

Ben's mouth turned sympathetically. "I'm sorry. I wish I could help you."

Seha stepped forward to embrace him. "You can. Just hold me. Be with me."

"I can do that." He kissed her on the top of her head. "I won't leave you, Seha. I promise."

"Thank you," she replied softly. "Thank you."
  24. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Woot! Tight squeaker matches are exciting! ;) Mirax's comment about the shower LOL But :eek: those dreams! [face_worried] I'm glad Ben was there to offer comfort. I really hope there's a solution.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Nothing like confusing dreams at night. Seha needs to tell someone, Jaina, about her dreams especially the content.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade