Beyond Winter Break: Jedi Ski Trip (Cast of FOTJ, OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Revanfan1, Jan 27, 2014.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Ben is so self-sacrificing. :p
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    Nice competitiveness, and [face_laugh] at the comment about smells.

Seha really needs to tell someone else about the dreams, though.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Loved the ball game and Mirax and Jan letting the Jedi have a go at it with their comments.
    The dream is disturbing. Ben and Seha should talk to Luke
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Gemma Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Loved the net-ball match -- I thought it would be tennis like -- cool! Enjoyed your description and the competition between the Jedi really nice. Glad that Ben sensed Seha's unease and was there to comfort her.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    @Ewok_Slayer, @Jedi_Lover, @Lady_Misty, @earlybird-obi-wan, @windu4, @Gemma, @Nyota's Heart, @Revan_AnakinSolo, @jcgoble3

Ben sat on the bed beside Seha, rubbing her shoulder. Seha hadn't said anything in nearly a half hour, and Ben had decided that he wouldn't, either, as long as she didn't want to. It was her dream–if she didn't want to talk about it, fine. He would be here for her, whether it was to talk about it or to just hold her and comfort her. She seemed to be opting for the latter. That was fine with Ben, and not for the typical boy reasons–he'd dealt with people who'd had visions before, and he wouldn't lose Seha like he'd lost Jacen.

There was a knock on the door. Seha stiffened, and Ben grabbed her lightsaber off the side table. But as he probed the outside of the door with the Force, he realized that it was Jaina. He sighed in relief. Placing the lightsaber back on the table, Ben rose and walked over to the door, letting it slide open. Jaina, clad in a nightshirt and shorts, was about to speak when she seemed to realize that it was Ben, not Seha, answering the door, and frowned.

"Ben? What the kriff–" she started.

"Seha had another nightmare," he replied quickly. "I was comforting her. It's not what you think."

"It better not be," Jaina growled. "What nightmares?"

Ben stiffened. He hadn't been planning on telling anyone; they were Seha's dreams and it was her decision whether or not to tell anyone, not his. But he'd just spilled the beans and he doubted he could cover it by saying "oh, the one where she's being chased by a rabid nexu" and Jaina would accept it and walk away. Closing his eyes and sighing, Ben stepped aside to let Jaina in.

"Seha?" Jaina asked. "What's wrong?"

"I...can't tell you with Ben here."

Ben nodded. "I understand. I'll leave."

Jaina sat down on the bed beside Seha. Ben closed the door behind him and Jaina sensed his presence go back inside his room. He settled down into a restful state of meditation but did not sleep. Seha gathered herself up as if trying to get the courage to tell Jaina. Jaina realized that this just wasn't any nightmare; more likely, it was a Force vision of some kind.

Seha finally told Jaina about the dream, starting at the beginning and leaving nothing out, telling her about the variations where she had different lightsabers or clothes. Jaina listened in silence, waiting for Seha to finish, and by the way Seha spoke Jaina realized she'd already told this story before...probably to Uncle Luke or one of the Jedi Council members other than Jaina.

"That's...bad," Jaina said when Seha finished. "And Vestara...does this have something to do with the Spira incident?"

"I don't know. What I do know is that I never told Ben about her being there...could it be guilt over that? If I tell him now, would it make the dreams stop? Oh, but if I tell him now, could he ever forgive me for hiding it from him?"

Jaina sighed. "There's no easy answer, Seha. I'll meditate on it and I'll be ready if Vestara ever does appear. If she tries to hurt Ben, or you, or anyone else, I will kill her."

Seha's eyes darkened. "Unless I beat you to it."
  6. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    =D= [face_dancing] Yay for Jaina knowing and promising to be on the spot if Vestara tries something. :)
    Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Jaina is the sword of the Jedi. I am glad she knows and I hope she will be there when Vestara comes
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Jaina and Seha saying who gets dibs on the Sith Witch brought a smile to my face.
    Gemma, Nyota's Heart and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Honesty is the best policy, I think Seha should tell Ben about everything. Not to mention it could possibly save his life if he knows what's in the dream, and as he sees it unfolding he can do something about it.
    Gemma, Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Gemma Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Excellent update -- I liked the interplay between Ben and Jaina --- very cute in a smirky way. As they say with paper books - your story is a real page turner.
    Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  11. Ewok_Slayer Force Ghost

star 1
    Don't mess with the Sword of the Jedi!
  12. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hey my friend, you expecting to update this in the near future? Looking forward to reading more!
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    I second that, since now Ben/Seha are part of my absolutely set head canon [face_batting]
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    Whoops, missed the tag.

So Jaina now knows what's going on. As was said above, though, she needs to tell Ben; it could literally save his life.

And I like Jaina and Seha calling dibs on Vestara. :D

Keep the TAGs coming!
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Sorry guys, my grandparents/aunt/cousin were visiting this past week. They left yesterday; there should be an update today (I hope).
  16. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    @Ewok_Slayer, @Jedi_Lover, @Lady_Misty, @earlybird-obi-wan, @windu4, @Gemma, @Nyota's Heart, @Anakin Solo Revanchist, @jcgoble3

Ben awoke the next morning and went down to the cafeteria. He grabbed a Domrai fruit and sat down at a table. A few Jedi were trickling in; Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn were actually limping, holding their lower backs with their left hands and wincing. Mirax guided Corran to his table while Jan went to get Kyle a drink. Ben frowned and wondered what had gone on with them. Taking a bite out of his Domrai fruit, Ben stood and started to walk over to them.

"Master Horn," Ben said with a frown, "what's wrong with you?"

"Ask Kyle," Corran snarled in reply. "It's his fault.

"I heard that!" roared the deep voice from across the room.

"Seriously, what the kriff?" Ben asked.

"After we played net-ball last night," Corran explained, "we wanted a rematch. So we played about half a dozen different games; everything the resort offers and then some. We actually cleared out the net-ball court and had a three-round lightsaber duel. And then we dropped the lightsabers and wrestled."

"While we watched," Mirax added, deadpan.

"Ah, so this..." Ben imitated Corran's limping, "is just your feeble old bodies reacting to the stress of activity?"

Ben's Force senses were the only thing that allowed him to dodge a thrown empty mug from Kyle's direction. Laughing, Ben turned and walked away as Corran leapt to his feet to give Ben a piece of his mind and then groaned as he pulled a muscle in his lower back. Whispering comforting words to Corran, Mirax lowered him back into his seat.

Ben walked out in to the lobby in time to see Jaina walking down the stairs with Jag, conversing softly. Ben started to approach them. When Jaina saw him, she motioned for Jag to hold up for a second and walked over to meet Ben. She had her lightsaber clipped to her belt, Ben noticed.

"How's Seha?" he asked.

"All right," Jaina replied, "but her dreams could be...a very real threat."

"To her?"

"To...others," Jaina replied hesitantly. "But don't worry, I will handle it."

Ben nodded. "I'm sure you will, Jaina. Just tell me if I can help, okay?" He nodded at her belt. "I notice you're carrying your lightsaber. Should I be, too?"

Jaina grimaced. "Couldn't hurt, Ben. Couldn't hurt."

She walked off to rejoin Jag, leaving Ben to worry just what was going on here.
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Hmmm.I see Jaina feels the threat to Ben is something Seha should tell or not. I think that's best. But I am glad she let him know to be on guard. @};-
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Anakin Solo Revanchist Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hahaha, loved the interaction between Ben and the men! Hilarious. And SEHA NEEDS TO TELL BEN.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love those old guys getting a lot of exercise and fun and Ben reacting to that. Jaina is right. Ben should be on guard
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    The old men are getting slow. *catches the caf mug missile*

Jaina is right ot be cautious but others need or should be brought in on the possible danger. Maybe the Sith Witch is waiting for the right timme to strike and if everyone has let their guard down it would be the perfect chance to strike. [face_nail_biting]

Glad you had a chance to spend time with family. You never know how much they mean to you until they are no longer here. Unless you are worst enemies but still family is important.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    Ben really knows how to push Kyle and Corran's buttons. [face_laugh]

At least Jaina let him know that something was up. I don't blame her for not telling Ben exactly what's going on; Seha should be the one to do that. But he knows to be on guard now.

I smell action coming up before too long... :D
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    @Ewok_Slayer, @Jedi_Lover, @Lady_Misty, @earlybird-obi-wan, @windu4, @Gemma, @Nyota's Heart, @Anakin Solo Revanchist, @jcgoble3

Jysella Horn waved her hand in front of the sensor, shutting off the hot water of her morning shower. Stepping out, she toweled herself off and threw the towel to the floor. Stepping out of the 'fresher, she walked into the bedroom of her suite and began assembling her wardrobe for the day. As she began to lay it out on the bed, the door chimed. Assuming it to be her boyfriend, Tam Azur-Jamin, and not minding if he saw her bare naked, she reached out with the Force and unlocked the door.

"Come in," she called sweetly.

"Hey, Sella," Ben Skywalker said. "I–oh, Force!" He quickly covered his eyes. "Sorry, Jysella–sorry!"

Equally shocked, Jysella grabbed Ben with the Force, gently hurled him back into the hallway, and slid the door shut, her face flushed red as a Sith lightsaber the whole time. Embarrassed, she ran to her bed, quickly pulled on her clothing–undergarments, snow pants, white turtleneck, and shin-high boots–and walked out into the hallway, using the Force to dampen her blushing. Ben stood outside, back turned, hands behind his back, head lowered.

"Ben?" she said cautiously.

"I am so sorry," he babbled. "I really didn't mean to, I–I–"

"It's okay," Jysella replied, "it was my fault for not checking to see who was at the door. What did you want, Ben?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about Seha."

"Oh, stars, Ben, you two aren't having another spat, are you? I'm not posing as your hot-babe substitute this time."

"No, it's not that," he replied. "I think she's...she's in trouble, and she could use someone to talk to. She talked to Jaina, but more people couldn't hurt, you know. Would you do me a favor and talk to her? She won't...well, she won't tell me."

Jysella tilted her head sympathetically. "Sure, Ben."

"Thanks, Sella." He nodded and began to back down the hall, still nodding. "Uh...bye, Sella...bye."

Corran Horn glowered across the table at Kyle Katarn. The two men sat in the activity center of the resort; they'd decided to forego hover-skiing for the day, because they were aching so badly. Instead, they sat at the dejarik table, determined to prove once and for all who was the better Jedi Master. So far, Kyle had won two games, Corran three, and they were on their final round now. Corran didn't let Kyle know that he'd been a master of dejarik back in CorSec.

"Corran!" Mirax yelled. "They just opened the hot tub. Want to take a dip? I brought that bikini that you love."

Corran leaned forward intently. "It a minute, dear."

"In a minute?!" Mirax exclaimed. "Of all the..."

"Kyle!" Jan called. "Our daughter just got her belly button pierced!"

"That's nice, dear," Kyle growled.

"That's nice?" Jan threw up her hands.

She and Mirax exchanged glances, rolled their eyes, and walked off, leaving Corran and Kyle to their game. They didn't even notice a moment later when Ben Skywalker walked through with a fierce blush on his face the whole time. Nor did they notice when he began to beat the training dummy with vigor. There was only the game.

Game on.
    jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. jcgoble3 Shelf of Shame Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    That's an OOPS! if I ever saw one! Shame on you, Jysella, for not checking who it was! [face_rofl]

And Kyle and Corran just won't quit challenging each other. [face_laugh] Methinks they should pay a little bit more attention to Ben, though...
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. windu4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice callback! I like it when stories have continuity. You do a good job of blending adolescence with action. Ben Skywalker can still be a teenager and kick ass.
    Last edited by windu4, Feb 27, 2014
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Poor Ben. Nude women just keep showing up since his last vacation. :p
    Revanfan1 likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade