main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Winter

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by iycis, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I finally got around to reading the Zahn trilogy (I know, it took me long enough to get around to it) and I was wondering if anyone has ever done a costume for the character Winter. Are there any illustrations of her, maybe from a comic or character guide?

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I always liked Winter. :)

There are a few pictures of her in the Force.net's
    multimedia archive.

3. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Thanks for the link!

4. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    My fiancee is wanting to do a Winter costume. She's getting tired of being a blond Leia I guess. Anyway, the pics that Obi-Dawn Kenobi put up are about the best resorce Ive seen. We were planning on using the SW encyclopedia(the only pic on it is posted on Dawn's message), hunting sown some old comic books, and just go off the descriptions in Zahn's books. Good luck with your costume, post some pics when its done.
    Dont know how long it'll be before we start ours since I just finished my stormtrooper and am now working on an X-wing pilot for my fiancee.
    Later
    "Hippie Trooper"Bert
    TK-7528

5. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    skyshark93, I'm not actually making the costume. I was just asking about it out of curiosity. But I do look forward to seeing what you eventually come up with for it.

6. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey there

I did the character of Winter as a quick costume for our club's Niagara Falls Xmas parade (I didn't think it would be wise to wear my Padme Rainbow dress outfit)

If I can get some pics I can put them up. Here's what I used:

Aqua blue dress with long sleeves very similar in style to Leia's (as they are both Alderaans) that was simple but had some jewelry to show that she was not as high in stature to Leia but was still someone of some nobility

I got a long white haired wig at Halloween-basically you can use anything as long as the hair is white and I took a clip on earring with a shell and placed it as a pendent on the forehead (Encyclopedia said Alderaan was a planet with some seas)

At the back I braided two strands from the front into sort of a bow and used a light blue ring I had to accentuate it-make the hair a little fancier

Blue beaded necklace-'spacey' look

My old winter boots-white, also similar to Leia's in ESB-Hoth

For a belt-a hand painted scarf from my grandma-also on end of dress as a little short-to give some colour

Holster-a white glove that looked like a holster-fingers sewed back

Gun and comlink-I didn't want to add anything like datacards as I figured Winter would not need them (great memory)

7. skyshark93

Nov 3, 2002
    Jadepadawan, that sounds good, Id like to see some pics of that sometime. We are thinking of using the pattern from the first pic in Obi-Dawn Kenobi's post; the long flowing one, in lilac perhaps. We havent figured out any jewlery or anything else for that matter since it'll probably be a while. Leighann (my fiancee), will be making the dress from scratch, and I am currently working on an X-wing flightsuit for her also. She'll probably end up with more costumes than me :)
    Later
    "Hippie Trooper" Bert
    TK-7528

8. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Those are probably some of the worst pictures I've seen of Winter.

My personal favorite illustration of Winter can be seen in Dark Horse Comic's "The Last Command." Her costumes are very cool looking, and I think she looks beautiful. (Her showdown with Mara Jade is cool too)

-Mazz

9. skyshark93

Nov 3, 2002
    A while back we talked about a Winter costume, well we finally finished ours and "debuted" it this past weekend at Mid-south con. Hope this image comes up.
    Later everyone
    Hippie Trooper Bert
    TK-7528
    [image=http://http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_9672256/Hippie+Trooper+Bert/__tn_winter.jpg?bcAK3i.AfW6EELV0/image.gif]

10. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Hmm...I don't know about anyone else but I can't seem to get the link to work...
    ?[face_plain]

11. skyshark93

Nov 3, 2002
    Not coming up for me either, and I put it up. Can anyone help me out here? How do I load a pic on here so everyone can see?
    Thanks
    Hippie Trooper Bert
    TK-7528

12. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    First of all, there are two http:// at the beginning of the link. I think the other problem is where you're trying to link it from. Yahoo can be pretty tricky.

13. skyshark93

Nov 3, 2002
    OK let's try this; here is the link to some of my pics. Hope this works.
    http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/501stso/lst?.dir=/Hippie+Trooper+Bert&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/
    Later
    Hippie Trooper Bert
    TK-7528

14. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Okay, I think I know what the problem is now. The Southern Outpost list is closed to non-members, so no one else can see the picture from that location.

15. skyshark93

Nov 3, 2002
    Well I hate to be taking up this whole board one this one issue so, can anyone tell me how to make a picture show up on here? Or if someone REALLY wants to see it that bad you can just e-mail me for it.
    Later everyone
    Hippie Trooper Bert
    TK-7528

16. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    heres the pic.our yahoo group wont allow us to link off and get pics from it.
    this picture is from midsouth-con in memphis last weekend.

bert,i emailed you how to do this.i would try to get this same pic to show up.then youll know how to do it.

[image=http://www.highlandcitadel.com/501stso/events/mscon_2003/pic009.jpg]

17. skyshark93

Nov 3, 2002
    OK, finally got this right, you'll have to open it to see it good cause it looks kinda fat on here.
    Later
    Bert
    TK-7528
    [image=http://www.highlandcitadel.com/501stso/images/xtra/Leighann_as_Winter.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.