main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wipe looks too sharp

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthVader79, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Im doing a fan film in premiere and AE but the wipe i am using looks really sharp at the edges, how do I get the edges to blur like in the movies?

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    ...Feather it?

3. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    If that doesn't work what I would do is create a very thin solid (black) then give that a blur. Keyframe it (for movement) and there you go. Might not look as good as the wipe but still.

But I am pretty sure that there is an option to blur the wipe. Experiment a little.

4. LordSerba

LordSerba Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Everytime I felt a wipe was too sharp, I'd move the Q-tips away from the toilet paper.

5. JediMattster1

JediMattster1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2004
    Uh, go with Funk's advice. Feather it.

6. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    if you dont get how to feather it render out a alpha channel and just feather that.

7. DMPjedi

DMPjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2003
    I agree with the question, in Premiere, there is no option to blur it on some of the wipes ?[face_plain] I don't get why, but I won't worry about it until I start editing Weapon of Betrayal :p

8. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Depending on which version of premiere you're using, you should have two different sets of wipe transitions at your disposal. The standard Premiere wipes don't have any options for bluring or feathering. The ones you want (which hopefully you have) are the quicktime transitions. Apply the QT transition and you get options for type of transition, and settings for how that transition looks.

-tm
    PS I have only used the Mac version of Premiere. I'm not sure if these are included in the PC version, although I can't understand why they wouldn't be.

9. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    He also has AE, and can do the wipe in there.

10. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    FYI, FCP allows you to feather the edges quite easily on all the different wipes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.