main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit WIR SW Novels [Audio Reading] < In-depth Analysis>

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Starsaber49, Jul 31, 2015.

?

Is this a type of thread that intrigues you? Or does watching someone read a book live bore you?

1. It totally bores me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's very intriguing!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm neutral too it.

100.0%
  4. If you put effort into it, I may watch it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. If your entertaining I may watch it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starsaber49

Starsaber49 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2015
    Starsaber here. Here's the basic idea of this thread.

I record footage of a mobile Kindle app with a SW book so the text can be seen by you the viewer.
    I read aloud, making a bunch of snide comments or jokes while reading the story.
    After each chapter, I make a separate video specifically focusing on analysis what was shown in that individual chapter. After slowly making my way through the book and finishing it, I do an extra long concluding analysis.

Since this is currently just a test project, to see if people would interested in this type of stuff, I'm starting off with some Rebels Continuity (It's what I call it.) books. I'm basically starting off with A New Dawn.

After this final post I'm gonna make a link to the playlist I made in my SW WIR youtube channel, so you can guys can listen all in one go.

Also, I don't not apologize for all the Rae Sloane and GrandAdmiralJello jokes. Have you seen his response to Sloane being in Aftermath? That's honestly what inspired the jokes I made when Rae Sloane was introduced character wise. None of my jokes are meant to intended as malicious. This is all in good fun. I'll do a re-take of the chapters if Jello requests I do. I just wanted to give Jello a humorous shout out, and I thought Rae Sloane was a good enough excuse as any.

Also, I don't have to be the only person talking in my analysis videos. If you send me message via the forum with the request to join on a specific chapter analysis, or the book conclusion analysis, I'll consider discussing it with you.

Anyways, that's all the info you need to know. Here's the link archive, where each link will send you to different book playlist. Currently there's only one, but one day their will be tons!

Removed link. Locked thread.

Snarky commentary is one thing but I'm afraid
    reproducing the entire text of a novel is absolutely not kosher.

As stated in our TOS:

"Users are also expected to respect all relevant laws, including intellectual property and privacy laws. This includes not posting anything that violates any law or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense including theft of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner(s) of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary right."

We have to be really careful about this kind of thing.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't doubt that something like this could be entertaining to some, but I think there are probably legal issues with effectively publishing the entire text of a novel.

Incidentally, what does WIR stand for? While I Read? :confused:

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Someone did this for twilight but they just recapped the chapters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.