main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Wisconsin Newscaster fights back against email calling her "fat".

Discussion in 'Community' started by TahiriVeilaSolo69, Oct 2, 2012.

1. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012

this is an excellent point. however, in the video she implies that the letter has already caused a stir and became a 'local talking point.' i dunno. while i agree with you 100%, i feel as if her reply was warranted due to the level of attention the letter had already garnered. either way, it was a brilliant career move - i'd guess she's received 2 years worth of pr in about a week's time

also: raise your hand if you possess a foreskin and would like to taunt ozk about it

[​IMG]

2. cipe

cipe Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    It seems as though the discussion of OZK's foreskin restoration is coming to a head in this thread.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  3. Piltdown

Piltdown Jedi Master star 5

May 3, 2002
    Shut up.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    This isn't the only thread you've derailed with this topic--there was this one, as well.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/rush-blames-shrinking-penis-sizes-on-feminism.50004057/

I actually think it's great that you're taking steps to correct something that obviously makes you feel cheated (though I think something so trivial as being circumcised making you feel incomplete or cheated is silly). I just don't need to hear about it all the time, and I think others feel the same way. You have a thread for this now, and if people read that thread, they have no room to complain, because it's a thread for you to discuss this topic. They do have room to complain when you bring it up in completely unrelated threads.

5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    That thread explicitly discusses penises. I mentioned a related example of feminists I know who have no problem literally cutting away parts of other people's penises, thus reducing their size. It was totally relevant and the thread wasn't derailed until people started making a big deal about it having been derailed.

And a single other example doesn't prove that I derail every thread I post in with this topic (I'm not saying there aren't other examples - after a quick survey, the thread about bull penis, and the thread about philosophy questions, but someone else brought it up in that one). This thread has been derailed by people complaining about me having used my lack of a foreskin as an example of something unrelated. It has not been derailed by me obsessively talking about my foreskin.

Since you've brought it up and you've rather offensively dismissed my concerns about other people's lack of respect for my bodily integrity, which part of your genitals isn't precious to you? Your clitoral prepuce? Your glans clitoris? Your labia minora? Your labia majora? Any part of those having amputated against your will would you find trivial? What if someone had cut off your nipples? Is that trivial? Your earlobes? Your pinky toes? Ripped out your toenails?

If someone had done any of that to you, I wouldn't have found it trivial at all. I would find it horrifying. All of your genitalia is precious, and if you want to cut off parts or pierce them then whatever, but I would defend your right to keep your labia and clitoris, and I would sympathize with you were they stolen from you.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You have a thread for this.

RC-1991 and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ozk is. hahaha!

8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Nobody gives a **** about your ****.

harpuah and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I mean, do you do this out in the world? When you're sitting around having lunch with friends, and they're talking about some piece of news that's being covered right now, do you randomly interject into the conversation with talk about your penis? That's, pretty much, what you're doing here.

I did not intend to offend you. When I said that I think it's great that you are taking steps to correct something that makes you this uncomfortable, I meant it. I'm sorry if my thinking that the degree of your feelings regarding your circumcision are silly upset you, but I am entitled to express my opinions on the matter, being you put it out there for discussion so frequently and readily. My thinking that something is silly really shouldn't really have any effect on what you do with your body.

This is the last I'm going to say anything about the matter, outside of your dedicated circumcision thread. Should I decide to read that thread and comment, we'll have more opportunity to continue the discussion, I guess. Until then, I'll reiterate that you do have a thread for this.

10. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    As has been very helpfully pointed out, there is already a thread to talk about OZK's man part, let's end the derailment here and keep the discussion on the original topic. Thanks.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Heard about this in the morning; all over the radio. It's a troll. The letter is just a nicely worded troll attempt and it succeeded. I do think her response is awesome and it'd be great if said troll is identified for public ridicule.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Thanks Kate. I was about to click the report button. I move we make this ozk's final warning before permaban.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to post this in MS.

MASTERPRENN and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I would have dumped her /obligatory

14. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Erm, OZK "wins", as he tagged me in his post, which got me out of the closet. I am around, sort of, now that we're back at the proper boards. I'm just not posting as much as I ever did.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Exactly! Let's talk about how outrageous it is that people have been posting pictures of the Duchess of Cambr---no? Oh fine, we can talk about less important topics, then. :(