main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wish List for SWC2- Who and/or what would you like to see?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by craigrr, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I thought I'd post some props and people I'd like to see at Indy. I know most of it is unlikely, but it'd kick major @$$ if it all did end up there.

Celebrities:
    Ben Burtt
    Dennis Muren
    Harrison Ford (yeah. that'll happen)
    Mark Hamill (More likely than Ford)
    Brian Blessed (Boss Nass)
    James Earl Jones
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Natalie Portman
    John Williams

Props:
    Luke's Landspeeder
    Life-size Millenium Falcon set piece
    Life-size X-Wing (not the 3/4 life-size from SWC1)
    Life-size Snowspeeder
    the original Dewback puppet
    Life-size Tauntaun prop
    SE Wampa Costume
    Slave Leia costume (nudge, nudge. wink, wink)
    Han's Carbonite block
    Life-size Speeder Bikes
    Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout and Clone Trooper armor
    The 3 piece Anakin-reveal Vader helmet

There's tons of other stuff I hope will turn up in the archive display, but I'm sure others will fill in where I've forgotten. So what's on your wish list?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    You forgot a big one.
    Celebrities:
    George Lucas
    Frank Oz (less likely than Lucas)

3. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    D'oh! I can't believe I did that. Those two were even on my mental list. I think I had a brainstorm and the ink on the mental list got smeared :).

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Celebrity wise Mark Hamill is the only major one who isn't on the list. I'd also like to see Femi Taylor, Oola from Jedi.

What I think would have been a good thing to do was have a blood drive at the show. Then give those that donated something like a free autograph or discount on merchandise.

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Ummmm.....Mark Hamill is on the list. But anyway i'd love to meet porkins, talk to him about what went wrong with his ship, lol

6. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Screening of ALL ORIGINAL FOOTAGE, INCLUDING ANCHORHEAD & THE "LOST CUT" (Gil Taylor's tentative run-through of SW, shot before the final version)!!! EVERYTHING!!!!

Hamill, Kershner, Oz.

And I want to get my picture taken behind the wheel of a replica of Luke's speeder.

7. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    It would be awesome to see John Williams conduct music from the new Episode 2 soundtrack (maybe at the concert!) Think that's too much to ask for???

8. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Yes, Williams conducting. I forgot that. Also, Ben Burt. Missed him the 1st time.

And LOTS of authentic costumed characters roaming EVERYWHERE.

9. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I'd almost forgotten about the cut scenes. It'd be great if they screened ALL of the cut scenes from each movie. Blooper reels, too. There's that 2 minute one from the TPM DVD, but there has to more.

There should also be sceenings of the infamous SW Holiday Special from 1978 with commentary about how the thing came into being and why. It's so utterly bad, it's good.

10. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    There should also be sceenings of the infamous SW Holiday Special from 1978 with commentary about how the thing came into being and why. It's so utterly bad, it's good.

What would be priceless would be watching Lucas sit through a screening of it on stage. [face_devil]

11. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    That would be awesome! Though to be fair, I don't think he had much to with the writing and filming of it. That's what I heard anyway.

12. KatyChristensen

KatyChristensen Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Hayden's butt... ;)

13. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    If he's there, then I'm pretty sure that part will be there too. :) Not that I'll be looking for it. Now Michonne (Aurra Sing) or Shannon (Mara Jade) on the other hand... :)

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I'd like to see Hayden, Ewan and Natalie in one discussion panel, providing group autographs for all fans. Then, a similar panel with Ford, Hammill and Fisher. A Q and A with John Williams about the thoughts behind the music of SW. Capped off bya presentation by George Lucas on, just about anything he wants! Yes, I can't wait for all that.

*wakes up*

Wow, what a dream that was....... 8-}

15. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Why is Frank Oz LESS likely to show up than Lucas himself? If anything, I'd figure that he'd be MORE likely to show up.

John

16. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Absolutely perfect Royalguard!

17. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    fingthething,
    William Hootkins (Jek Porkins) is on the confirmed actor list. He will be at the convention, so you can ask him questions.

Frank Oz is a very busy man. He was (for lack of a better term) relieved that Yoda was going to be computer generated in Attack of the Clones. He never, to my knowledge, has shown up to sign autographs as a Star Wars actor. If anything, he makes speeches about his work on the Muppets, Sesame Street, along with Star Wars.

Mr. Oz also is busy directing movies. He is directing "Ump" which is supposed to be released in 2002. He also is directing the TV Series "The Funkhousers" (which hasn't been released yet). He also is acting in "Kermit's Swamp Years: The Real Story Behind Kermit the Frog's Early Years", a movie slated for release in 2002.

Here's my point:
    George Lucas created Star Wars. It is his "baby". He appeared on a video at Celebration I saying that he was dissapointed that he couldn't be there.
    Frank Oz is very busy. Star Wars is only one of the many projects that he is currently working on. He never appears at conventions as "Yoda".

18. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    File this under never:
    Natalie comes up to me, "You look exactly like the guy I've been dreaming about for the last 6 months. Here, let me give you the 'exclusive' tour."

Realistic:
    You guys have mentioned most of the good stuff. I think Mark Hamill should show up (what else is he gonna do), and Oola and Porkins would be great to bump into. I really think Lucas should make a surprise appearence, or at least teleconference on his digital film for everyone.

19. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I definately want to see a "digital film" exhibit. So everyone can see what Lucas is dreaming about.

I've seen Femi Taylor (Oola) at the Motor City Comic Con before, so at least we know that she doesn't mind doing appearances as a SW character.

20. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I don't remember seeing this one mentioned, but I'd like to see Dennis Lawson there because I'd like to get the Wedge/Biggs two pack signed by both actors, plus, Wedge is the man. I think it's somewhat likely since he is still involved with Star Wars, having done the voice work in Rogue Leader.
    Also I think Aaron Alston, the author of Starfighters of Adamar. I've seen Zahn and Stackpole at conventions, but never Alston. Hopefully Kevin J Anderson and the author that "killed" off Chewie won't be there as I would probably have to have a restraining order put against me.
    Ray and Ian would be good to fill out the evil actors section, especially since Ian played Palp from the beginning.
    Maybe it would also be nice to see some of the artists that help design things like the ships, costumes and characters.

21. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    -A definite answer on the weapons/costume policy
    -The ANH Chewbacca costume in the Archive displays
    -Lots of fans at the Rebel Legion fan table
    -The Death Star and Death Star II models in the Archive displays
    -Obi-Wan's Episode I costume in the Archive displays
    -Admiral Ackbar in the archive displays

22. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    The "Star Wars Experience" (ala The Star Trek Experience in Vegas) -- complete with a small Death Star tour before the station comes under attack by the Rebellion. We travel down a few halls, get taken to the command post where we can see the Rebel Base coming into view, then the attack hits. We are hurried through the detention block, down an elevator that is conveniently banged around a few times, finally through a hectic hangar bay, where we are crammed aboard an Imperial shuttle for immediate evacuation. We are caught in the Battle of Yavin (ala Star Tours) before making a safe return to the Indianapolis Convention Center.

For those of you who have done the Star Trek Experience, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you that haven't, I highly recommend it. I'm not a Star Trek fan (and I'm sure many of you aren't either), but I was talked into it by a friend and I have to admit, it's a cool interactive experience that would work well with a Star Wars set-up.

23. Kueller

Kueller Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I want my picture taken with Rick McCallum and hayden and RA and Aaron A and Carrie and and and and and forever

24. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Dal--Intrepid: That would be so awesome, I've never heard of anything like that before.

25. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I would really like to see Ray Park at the Convention. I know he was on the rumored list of guests but I would love it if he made an appearance.

Also, (I know I'm dreaming on this one) but wouldn't it be awesome to see the REAL actors in their costumes from the movies? Wouldn't it be so cool if you saw Ray Park in his Darth Maul costume and Hayden in his Jedi costume and Ian as Senator Palpatine... and so on...they'd have to newspaper the floor if that happened!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.