main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wishing you were somehow here again: (Obi-Wan says goodbye to Qui-Gon) 1 post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SiriKenobi12, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    *A/N: I have no idea if this is even a good story or not, this idea just came to me randomly at work and I wrote it in about two hours between dealing with customers. The song comes from ?Phantom of the Opera? I don?t own it nor anything from the Star Wars galaxy.

Twelve years had passed since the battle of Naboo, and yet as Padme Amidala looked across the palace courtyard it was as if she had been thrown into a time warp. She returned her blaster to the holster on her hip and proceeded to make her way across the polished granite that was littered by the bodies of Trade Federation droids.

More than the carcasses of droids on her home planet reminded her of the day forever burned within her memory Anakin Skywalker was once again flying above the planet in a star fighter trying to protect her home world from space, and Obi-Wan Kenobi had once again been forced to duel with someone dressed in black carrying a red light saber.

Padme raced with a battalion of Clones behind her, she prayed that Naboo wouldn?t be the resting place of yet another Jedi hero. As much as she feared for her husband any time he was called to war she knew he was always safe inside the cockpit, but Obi-Wan was battling a Jedi assassin named Asajj Ventress who more than anything thirst for his blood.

She didn?t know what she would do if Obi-Wan were to be defeated on her home planet, worse yet she certainly didn?t know what Anakin would do. He had scared her after the death of his mother; Padme was certain he would be unreachable if he lost the guiding light of his best friend/brother. Things had never been better between them and to loose Obi-Wan now would push Skywalker over the edge. Not to mention Padme herself didn?t know what she would do without Obi-Wan in her life, as much as she would never admit to her husband but she always depended on his mentor to be her protector. She shook her head and pushed back the idea of Kenobi?s demise and continued her trek through the streets of Theed.

She came to a halt when she reached the most reverent place on all of Naboo, the out door granite gazebo used for funerals and saw a brown cloaked figure standing next to one of the pyres with his head bowed. She ordered the clones to circle around the building in search of the assassin and slowly proceed with caution towards the Jedi.

?Obi-Wan,? her voice was shaky.

His hand touched the top of the pyre. ?I never expected it to hit me this hard,?

Padme moved closer to him. ?What happened to Asajj??

?She escaped, further down the road.? He explained, but didn?t move a muscle.

Padme looked at him, noticing his face was hidden within the hood of his cloak. ?What made you come up here?? She asked, although was certain of the answer. ?Why didn?t you go after her??

He shrugged. ?You know I made a promise to myself that I would never return to Naboo.?

?What made you change your mind??

He looked at her and she could see the hint of tears in his eyes. ?Friendship?to you?to Anakin,?

?I?m sorry; I know this must be terrible for you??

?Don?t be sorry, I needed to come back to face my nightmares.? He turned his attention back to the pyre. ?It?s been twelve years; I should be able to let him go.?

?He was like your father; he died in your arms it?s natural to feel sorrow coming back to the place you last saw him.? She tried to comfort him.

?I told Anakin that I let it go??

Padme wanted to reach out to him. ?He will understand,?

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?How can I expect things of him when I the master can?t do it??

/ ?In many ways I?m really ahead of him??/ Padme?s mind returned to a conversation with Anakin.

They sat in silence for a moment neither sure how to proceed. Obi-Wan sighed and shook his head.

?I?m sorry to burden you with this Milady, I?m being irrational.? He stated, pressing his forefinger and thumb on the bridge of his nose.

?No Obi-Wan, you?re exhausted and you?ve been forced to return to a place that holds terrible memories for you, if anything you are acting more like a Jedi s

2. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    aww!!! poor obi wan!

Obi-Wan shook his head. â??No, he died telling me that Anakin will bring balance to the Forceâ?¦maybe deep down that is why I canâ??t say goodbye because he didnâ??t say goodbye to me.â??

:_| This was great, especially Obi wan's goodbye .. :)

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh, that was very sweet indeed. Twelve years it took him to come to grips with it and now, perhaps he finally has.

4. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! [:D]

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was very touching.

I like that Obi-Wan was finally able to say good-bye.

Great job!!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    How sweet, yet sad :_| Poor Obi...

I loved the ending, nice touch.

Well done =D=

7. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    :D Thank you everyone!