Speculation With a new Star Wars coming out...

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by miDnIghtEr20C, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miDnIghtEr20C Force Ghost

star 1
    Does this mean that our old action figures that we've kept over the Years... Will increase even more in value? I have this thread on my site here (i think one of the best threads around for star wars action figures and information on those figures.) http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=5865.0

Check that thread for some great info and pics on Star Wars figures. But do you guys think this makes the value go up now? Of course there will be way more new toys... I personally think this will add to the value of the old ones now. But what do you guys think?

And Mods, I didn't know where to put this thread... film related because with a new film comes new action figures... but if it needs to be moved please do it. I understand.

Anyhoo.. whatcha guys think? PS.. ya, that Luke in my avatar is one of my tri-logo jedi figures. MOC baby! :)
    Last edited by Endoran, Oct 31, 2012
  2. Rodimus1980 Jedi Grand Master

New Star Wars movies increase fan consumption. Keep hanging onto those figures. They are about to become popular again.
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  3. Adrian the Cool Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll never sell my Star Wars toy collection. So increase in value... who cares? I don't.
    Last edited by Adrian the Cool, Oct 31, 2012
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. miDnIghtEr20C Force Ghost

star 1
    Well, the increase in value is the second part. Of course the love and knowing where you were and having them is number 1. But like comic books. I remember keeping all my old Spideys in the past, and wow... some of those bad boys happen to be worth some $$$!

But ya... the collecting part of Star Wars is about to hit that fun factor again thanks to the new movies! Can't wait for my boys to have their first figures.
  5. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    I am so happy I held on to my Mr. Potato Head collection lol.
  6. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
  7. tom Chosen One

star 6
    all my star wars toys were lost in a move sometime in the 80s. it's still kind of upsetting.
  8. Debo Chosen One

star 6
    I still have mine. But I play with them every day, so they're not in great shape.
  9. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    tom my baby brother, used all my star wars toys as teething rings. : (
  10. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I've got 5 SW action figures: Darth Maul, Nute Gunray, Rune Hakko, R2 & 3PO. I'm happy with that... never been a huge toy guy when it came to SW.
  11. SPACEMONKEY20 Force Ghost

star 5
    I gave my whole collection to my nephew earlier this year. It was cool to pass something down like that to him.
  12. DARTHKANISS Force Ghost

star 1
    My son's (3 and 11months) opened all mine and are currently playing with them. lol Thank god they haven't seen the rare collection I am hiding in the garage or I'm screwed.
  13. miDnIghtEr20C Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm gonna have to get a lock on my door when my boys are old enough to want to open them.
  14. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a feeling there's a lot of out of print EU I need to catch up on...
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    not really. there's a very good chance that everything that's happened in the EU won't matter anymore.
  16. Guy-Gone_Weird Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm more concerned that there will be at least 3 more movies worth of figures coming...

Sounds like a good time to fill in the holes in my I-VI collection. :cool:
  17. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    How I wish I could time-travel back to Monday to break the news or at least bet some money...
  18. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Anything I've got is recent and it means more that I was gifted them.
  19. Darth_Martus Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    There's very little out of print (if any) anyway. Aside from Junior Novelizations but they're not worth the hassle anyway (for the most part).

My oldest figure is from 1999 and there's worth about €5 anyway...
  20. AquaVitae Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I had TONS of SW toys but in 83,84? My Mom made me sell them in a yard sale.
  21. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Vintage Star Wars worth lots. New (1995+) worth hardly nothing. Over collected. The vintage is worth stuff cause people didnt know to save them. As a collector for 20 years the new stuff is mostly dead on second market.
  22. Darth-Jedi-Master Force Ghost

star 5
    My boys have some toys but they paly with them lol. But im sure the collectables will go up as SW becomes popular again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.