main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

With Arms Wide Open (JA)(AU) Updated May 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    With Arms Wide Open (JA) (AU)

Author: Jedi Obi-Wan
    Time Period: Post TPM, Obi-Wan is 30, Qui & Obi were never sent to Naboo
    Archive: Ask please
    E-mail: adrunner23@juno.com
    Summary: Obi-Wan's daughter is not force sensitive. Can she make it growing up in the Temple?
    Comments: Please!
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas, I'm just borrowing his characters.

"Obi-Wan, pacing will only make the time move more slowly."

Obi-Wan Kenobi ran a hand threw his hair. He sighed and sunk into the chair beside his former Master. "I'm sorry, Qui-Gon."

His friend smiled. "If I had ever had children, I'm sure I would have been nervous too. But getting impatient will do no good. Patience-"

"Is the only way to true peace and harmony within the force. I know, Master," he said with a teasing smile, which Qui-Gon returned. Obi-Wan had been a Knight for more than six years, yet at times like this he still felt like a Padawan.

"Obi-Wan?"

The short Calamarian entered the room with a four year old child clinging to her. He squealed let go of her when he saw his father. Obi-Wan couldn't help but smile as Nate crawled into his arms.

"I'm sorry, Obi. I couldn't get him to go to sleep. He told me he needed to see you."

"That's fine, Bant," he said, cuddling the child close. "I think I needed to see him too. Hello Nate."

The toddler snuggled into his father's lap. "Hi daddy. Is mommy done havin' da new baby yet?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "Not yet, son. Soon, I think."

Bant sat down beside him and smiled. "How is she?"

Obi-Wan shook his head. "I don't know. They've been in there an awful long time. She's in pain. I can feel it. I wish Healer Ilan would let me in there. Do you think there's any chance-"

Qui-Gon cut him off with a chuckle. "I think he was quite firm about his decision after Zon's birth. It took him twenty minutes to revive you after you fainted."

Obi-Wan glared at him. Bant laughed. Obi-Wan turned to his friend. "What?"

The small healer giggled. "I'm just wondering what 'hopelessly romantic' name Riya is going to give this child."

Obi-Wan laughed. His wife loved romance novels. Both of their sons had been named after characters in them. Their firstborn's full name was Nathanien Hansford Iroaginio Kenobi. Riya had described it as 'hopelessly romantic', and Obi-Wan had thought that was pretty extreme until their next child had come along. She had named him Zonabeis Jaquille Lyutra after reading a novel about a 'hopelessly romantic' spy from a book called Sprinkles of Twilight. Obi-Wan called them simply Nate and Zon, much to Riya's chargrin.

"Knight Kenobi?"

Obi-Wan lept out of the chair, forgetting the sleeping child in his lap. He caught Nate before he hit the floor. He placed his son, still fast asleep, in Bant's arms and looked wide eyed at the healer. "Yes?"

Healer Ilan grinned. "You have a daughter."

Obi-Wan whooped and jumped into the air, nearly knocking over a row of chairs. "Can I see her?"

He nodded, and Obi-Wan sprinted through the swinging doors and down the hall to his wife's room. He stopped when he got to the door, and peeked in ever so slowly. Riya was laying on the bed, her blonde hair spread out on the pillow. Her dark green eyes were staring down at a small bundle in her arms. She sensed her husband enter the room greeted him with an exhausted smile.

"Obi," she whispered. "Come see her. She's beautiful."

Obi-Wan carefully walked towards his wife. He sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at the tiny bundle. Her skin was red and her nose was wrinkled. Her head had a thin layer of blonde hair covering it. Her blue green eyes were only half open. She could hardly be described as beautiful by most standards, but to her proud father she was much more lovely than any jewel.

"Oh force, Riya," he breathed. "We did it again. We created another human being. Look at her. She's ours, Riya. She's breath taking."

For several long moments the two parents were completely silent, awed by their new daughter. Obi-Wan layed a kiss on Riya's f

2. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    OMG I have read this before but I loved it and I really wanted you to contiune with! I hope thats what you plan on doing here.

Felicia Z.

3. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Yes, I am planning on posting the whole story this time. :)

4. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    "Master, I'm getting a very strange read out on the Kenobi baby."

Healer Ilan walked over to the desk where her youg apprentice was staring in shock at the computer screen. He scanned the screen. The baby's weight was normal, and she seemed to have developed well. All her life signs were good. Except...

"Oh force."

"That's what I thought, Master. Surely that can't be right?"

Ilan sighed. "Run the count again. If it comes up the same retake her blood and try again."

"Yes, Master."

Ilan walked away, headed to the nursery. Her thoughts pondered what she ahd just seen. It was amazing. In order to become a Jedi, you had to have a midichlorian count above 8 thousand. This baby's count was less than one thousand. It was unlike anything she had seen before in all her years of being a healer.

She had only seen one case where a child of a Jedi had not been force sensitive. The mother had been a Jedi, but the child had had a midichlorian count of just over seven thousand, not enough to be trained. But she had never, ever seen the child of two Jedi with a count of less than 8 thousand, much less lower than one thousand.

When she entered the nursery she probed it and almost instantly picked out the Kenobi girl. She was the only one in the room who didn't respond to her probe.

She picked up the child and sent a wave of the force over her. No response at all. She tried again. Still no responsw from the wiggling bundle. Sadness washed over her as she studied her tiny features. It would not be easy for her. There had only been two children raised in the Temple in her time that had not been force sensitive. They were not treated well by the Jedi. One had had a mental break down. It had taken him years to begin talking again. The other, a girl, had committed suicide at the age of sixteen.

"I'm sorry," she whispered to the infant. "I'm so sorry."

More tonight if get time.

5. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor baby...

6. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000

Obi-Wan layed beside Riya on her bed, stroking her forehead lovingly. It was a perfect moment. His wife, beautiful as ever, had made it through another pregnancy in perfect health. He had two strong sons, and now a little girl, who he allready adored.

Riya's eyes fluttered open, and a grin lit her face. "This feels like a dream. Where is she?"

"They took her to run some tests and make sure everything was normal.

The layed there for a few more moments before the healer came in. The look on her face made Obi-Wan freeze.

"What is it?"

"Sit down, Knight Kenobi," she said softly.

He did so, mechanically. His eyes never left her face.

She sighed. "This is never easy to do, although I have only done this once before. You're baby is fine. She developed well in the womb and is healthy. Her body is strong and her mind sound."

"Then what's the-"

She cut him off with a raised hand. "I'm getting to that. Jeriah is a beautiful baby. However, she is not force sensitive. Her midichlorian count is one of the lowest I've seen. I'm sorry."

She turned and exited the room then. Obi-Wan flashed a small smile at Riya. "Well, at least nothing is wrong with her."

His wife didn't look at him. She turned away and stared out the window. A tear slipped down her cheek. He slipped his arm around her and she started to sob into his shoulder. He let her cry for a long time, rocking her and stroking her hair.

"What's wrong, Riye?" he asked finally. "Why does this upset you so much?"

"I did the same thing, Obi. Remember Andra? I made fun of her so much. I teased her ruthlessly. I don't want that for Jeriah."

He sighed. "What do you propose we do, Riya?"

"I don't know. My parents might be able to-"

"No!" he pulled back. "No! I don't care how hard it is, we can't give her up. She has to stay with us. We're a family, Riya. Whether we're all force sensitive or not."

"I know. But I don't want her to have to go through what I put Andra through."

"We can't protect her from everything Riya. But we'll try. Somehow we'll always be together. I promise you."

7. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    This is somewhat different then the one I read. Still very good though. Post more soon.

Felicia Z.

8. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Up! What happened? Where's the rest?

Please, a post?!!!

9. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    up!
    We need more, post please! :D

Thread Status: