main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

With his next non-SW film, will we see if GL is full of it?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by OT_fan, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OT_fan

OT_fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    No this is not to bash Lucas but an argument he's always used when it comes to the SW films regarding wooden acting and bad dialogue is that this was intentional. The acting was supposed to be wooden. The dialogue was supposed to be flat and cliche'.

However, he now wants to make other movies, smaller movies, perhaps Indie (not Indy ;))whatever they may be, that have nothing to do with Star Wars. So the question is, if he makes another movie, will it also have wooden acting and bad dialogue? And if so, will he argue that its intentional or will the arguement be put to rest that GL can't really write dialogue well, or direct actors properly?

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    American Graffiti had good acting and dialogue.

3. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    cliche is fine. Cliche is perfect for Star Wars. Wooden is not.

-P!-

4. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    haha

What about THX-1138 and american graffiti (as stated EArly)

He also produced Indie and was the creative head behind the movies....not speilberg.

People just want to hate lucas. Whatever.

dkt

5. Darth-Indiana-Bond

Darth-Indiana-Bond Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    I think Lucas should have hired Spieldberg for some of the Star Wars films, that way none of the ticky tac critics coulnd't say Star Wars had bad acting, but I still think Lucas did good even if the acting isn't all that great, but some crictics are too pigheaded to see it that way.

6. OT_fan

Oct 29, 2004
    I'm talking strictly about writing dialogue and directing actors. Yes he did good in American Graffiti, but can he get that "magic" back or was it destroyed by writing for Star Wars?

BTW, you really had me thinking with your "whatever" argument, DKT. You must be whiz at debate club in your junior high.

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    THX-1138 was amazing, completely astounding. I have complete faith in his future projects.

Darth-Seldon

8. OT_fan

Oct 29, 2004
    I'll have to watch that one of these days. Never saw it. There are two version aren't there?

9. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I think Lucas is a very underrated director. First-off he's mostly famous for Star Wars, which critics either love or hate.

The fact of the matter is, he's the guy who always sets the standard for everyone else in Hollywood to follow. People may not respect Star Wars, but professionals in the industry all respect Lucas.

10. Darth-Indiana-Bond

Jun 14, 2005
    Most of the people who hate Lucas hate Star Wars, and most of them hate Star Wras because they're jealous, not becasue they truly thought it was badf film.

11. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Lucas has always had good dialog in his films. It amazes me that when people see SW,
    they immediatly become experts on dialog, and how the films should be directed.

12. Darth-Indiana-Bond

Jun 14, 2005
    Lucas has always had good dialog in his films. It amazes me that when people see SW,
    they immediatly become experts on dialog, and how the films should be directed.

Good point, that really explains a lot of the people in the Boxoffice Mojo forums

13. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    On the internet, everyone's an expert on every aspect of everything.

14. Darth-Indiana-Bond

Jun 14, 2005
    That's for sure (sarcastic)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.