New Jersey With just needing 3 people for a FF, who wants to join?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Satimber, Nov 19, 2002.

?

With just needing 3 people for a FF, who wants to join?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2003.
Just people from South Jersey? 1 vote(s) 7.1%
Just people from Central Jersey? 2 vote(s) 14.3%
Just people from North Jersey? 1 vote(s) 7.1%
The entire state? 5 vote(s) 35.7%
People from Philly? 5 vote(s) 35.7%
None of the above? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
  2. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I would like to see if we could get people from the entire state involved.
  3. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    I'd be down with it. Just as long as it's somewhat local. Anything within an hour is good for me.

Jango should have ducked.
  4. Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight

star 7
    I'm good for it, samne deal as GoA. :)
  5. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    that is the best thing about this state...most of the places can be reached within an hour.

Hey and if you know someone from NJ that I do not....then go ahead and invite them here.

Maybe we can finally get our own FF together.
  6. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    Unfortunately, I don't know anyone else in the state who likes SW enough to join a FF...I can try to recruit, but, it may not work. :(

Jango should have ducked.
  7. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    I see another thread that may have people on it from NJ.

Maybe we should ask them?

But I must retire for the night, so see you all later.
  8. Night4554 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Regretfully, it wouldn't be possible with my parents right now for me to officially join a FF. But when I go off to college (i'll be staying somehwere in the NE) I'm all for it :)

¤Night
  9. tracer123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I would join if it doesnt require to much traveling. Most of my free time is occupied by filmaking, but if you need a leader I have already offered to take on the role. I am big on commiting to stuff like this and there are a lot of SW fans in the area around here, and Kevin Smith lives right by me so thats another plus. ;) Well PM me if there are any updates because I am all cool for a central NJ FF, but ofcorse anyone from NJ could join, its just better to have it in the middle to make it better for both N and S.
  10. Padawan915 Jedi Master

star 6
    Hey Satimber, I agree with the aspect of having a Central Jersey FF. Yet, I think it would be good if you were to expand into maybe Bucks County, PA as a part of this FF. Bucks County is not really represented by any FF, but they go to either King of Prussia or Philly. If this possible to include this one county from PA, I would be all for it. I could only come to these meetings when home, so it is a rare occurance. Partially I feel this way, because I'm from Bucks County and having to drive to maybe Trenton or Cherry Hill or Princeton is easier than driving out to King of Prussia.
  11. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    sure....Bucks county would be welcome, P915.

So what say everybody?

Do we finally get off of our behinds and create a FF?
  12. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    All in favor say 'I'!!

:D

Sounds good to me J_S.

Food goes in here. It should does.
  13. Padawan915 Jedi Master

star 6
    I'm all for it Satimber!

"I"

Pada915...I want a f'n hit!!!
  14. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    well...we have enough I think...should we make this official?
  15. LadySith Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hi Guys!

As one of the Staff of SWNYC I just want to wish you the best and if there is anything we can do to help you get started please let us know! Best of luck!

16. DarthGyos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am glad someone else is interested in starting a fan force. I had suggested that we meet in Freehold (centrally located). I was thinking Saturday 12/14 for a date, before the Christmas crunch time. Keep me informed; I have a couple of folks who are interested.
  17. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    It would be great if everyone here could make this fan force offical. Even though I do belong to the Philly Outer Rim, I spend alot of time in NJ, mainly near Ft. Dix. It would be great if I could meet more SW fans like myself when I cross the bridge into NJ! :)
  18. Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight

star 6
    The Freehold area is a great idea. It's easy to get to and it's where I live. :D But, there are plenty of areas to hold meetings and such.

I could set the building on fire..
  19. buster726 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I' in I agree Freehold wopuld be a great spot not too far from me I live in Toms River.
  20. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Well, Dec. 14th is my B-day...I think it will be just me and my baby girl for the day. My parents are going to Virginia and my wife will most likely be working.

So I guess a visit to Frehold is ok. I used to deliver to Freehold, and use to live in Toms River and grew up in North Jersey.

I have spent 13 out of the last 15 years in the Mt. Laurel region.

So, what would make this an official FF?

I currently live in Riverside if anybody knows where that is.
  21. jbird69 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey guys! I am down here in South Jersey at the Shore and i want to start a fan force! . I work for a minor league hockey team in Atlantic City but spend a lot of time in Downingtown, PA so I can go wherever to be a part of a FF. I will do my best ot do anything needed to get this going. I am not sure where Freehold is, I am from North Jersey originally and I think there is a Freehold there too. 12/14 is my son's birthday, so I doubt I can meet then. But if you ever want to come to a hockey game, we have meeting rooms, I am sure we can have meetings down here. Just an idea. PM me if I can help get this going.
  22. tracer123 Jedi Master

star 4
    reehold sounds good guys, I'm all for it, though I think we should wait until after the holiday season. It would be easier to schedule that way, although I don't know much of the freehold area except the mall, racetrack and main strip of town. I hope you guys can arrange an easy meeting spot. Freehold is large too so I don't know where you're gonna pick, but as I said before I'm willing to set one up in Red Bank if the Freehold idea doesn't work. Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash would be easy to get, or anything else on the strip.
  23. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    The Mall sounds like a good place. Maybe in the foodcourt.
  24. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hello! I'm from the Phoenix FanForce and just wanted to wish you all good luck in getting together an official fanforce. :)
  25. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I saw a post above that said Bucks County, PA is not represented - that the people go to either KofP or Philly. I must correct an assumption that is incorrect. King of Prussia, PA Chapter serves ALL of the Northern and Western suburbs of Philadelphia. That includes Bucks County. FanForce requires a forum to be named after a specific city in most cases so since KofP was fairly central to all of the northern and western suburbs that's what we picked. Also, Philly does NOT have an official chapter at this time. KofP, however, is very active and very involved with other groups like the 501st and SW NYC.

With all of that said, if it is more convenient for someone in Bucks County to go to NJ for a meeting or an activity that is fine and we understand. We will be sad to lose another potential member, but hopefully once your group gets going we can combine on some activities in the metro area. We do have members from as far away as Allentown, PA, and Delaware and we even get some Central PA Mid-Rim members that like to do stuff with our group occasionally. We are an open group and do not restrict membership except by age. Under 18's must have a parent or guardian with them.

I would encourage all of you to visit our website Philly Outer Rim and see what we've been up to. In October and November alone we participated in six events, three of which were for charity. We also do a lot of activities with the local 501 Garrison Carida, SW NYC and the Empire City Garrison from NYC.

:) We look forward to S. Jersey going official!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.