main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST With Just Over 8 Months Left, How Do TFNers Feel About Rumours or Spoilers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StoneRiver, Apr 3, 2015.

?

How much of the rumours or spoilers do you believe?

1. I believe all rumours/spoilers from all sites until they are debunked. I know how TFA will be.

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. I believe all rumours/spoilers from some sites but none from others.

12 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. I believe some rumours/spoilers from all sites until they are debunked.

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. I believe some rumours/spoilers from some sites but none from others.

35 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. I don't believe it for the most part, but I think there are some little gems of truth out there.

21 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I don't believe them because I think the rumour sites are being played by the Mystery Box.

11 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. I don't believe. I think the rumour sites are playing with fans for kicks or net traffic/ad revenue.

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Seriously, I enjoy reading them, but I won't believe any of them until I see it for myself.

23 vote(s)
    21.9%
  9. Why can't I be a bear? I have all the koalafications.

19 vote(s)
    18.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    How can people say this? I doubt the major rumor mongerers have a 0.00 batting average.

2. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I just find it hard to believe that a film with that much security is leaking so much data to an obscure, amateur site like MSW. Maybe it is or maybe he is being deliberately fed misinformation by Disney's marketing machine. If it is the latter, then it is working because all anyone is talking about is the info he provides.

He described the art correctly and the first trailer but maybe that was because Disney wanted him to talk about those things. We will see how well the footage depicted in the second teaser correlates with what is in these call sheets/camera logs.

If Jason's construction of the narrative is correct then, in all honesty, it sounds like quite a boring film. Spoilerfamily's ideas were more interesting! :) However, the plot alone is not the be-all and end-all. A lot of my enjoyment will come down to the characters. I am particularly interested in how Finn will be portrayed if the rumours are correct, albeit for entirely the opposite reasons to Skaddix. I am also interested in learning what the film's themes will be. Will there be any philosophical core left? Will Luke still be "passing on what he knows"? Just what is the family feud that Driver has hinted at?

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Ugh. It's threads like this that make me embarrassed to be a Star Wars fan.

Spoilers aren't necessarily exciting because they aren't the film, they are just bits and pieces without all the important parts of a film, you know, acting, special effects, dialog...umm like everything that makes a film compelling!

I'm hoping that the newbies on the forum will be satisfied when the film comes out and they enjoy it, that way hopefully they won't whine and whinge all the way through production of EPVIII etc.

4. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Like many others, I think some of the rumours will have some foundation in reality but I'm sure most of us will watch the film when it's released and think: "What was that rumour about?" I can only think back to watching the first trailer for TPM - spent about three hours downloading it on dial-up - and then, when I watched the film for the first time, thinking that the film was very, very different from the trailer. I suspect I'll feel the same - hopefully for different reasons - when I step out of the cinema after watching TFA for the first time. The problem with the rumours is that they just don't provide enough context, can't convey much actual visual information ... this is, after all, film ... a visual medium. I just don't think text on a screen can really do very much to convey how it will actually look. We all have a visual "idea" of what Star Wars looks like and I'm sure TFA will tick many of those boxes, but we still don't really know very much at all about how the film will look, feel. If J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm get it right, I'm sure we'll love it and find ourselves thinking: "That's STAR WARS!" I certainly hope so.

StoneRiver and Indie Revolver like this.
  5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Reading spoilers during the prequel days was MUCH MORE exciting than today. That being said...

Koalafications. lol.

[​IMG]

6. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    It is always nice to see a fellow Aussie on these boards. ;)

Import_Jedi likes this.
  7. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    This koala lover loves this pic. Thanks for posting this! No, I'm not from Australia.

Import_Jedi and Echo Base like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.