main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

With less than a week left, I'd like to give you all a big thank you!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by That_Wascally_Droid, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I rarely post threads. They don't do well, or they're redundant. But here goes...

When this forum was going to become members-only, I was worried. I loved coming here during AotC to get different perspectives on news, etc.
    I put in my request, and was granted access as I am a former mod. Yay!
    Since then, this place has been a welcome refuge from the 3SA. If 3SA is Tatooine, this place is Naboo. So civil and understanding. Generally good folk who get alone. Even your personal basher stormcloud was a civilized bloke and respectful. We had meloncholy :p
    I have never seen a better forum here, and I would like you all for trusting a spioled rotten guy like me to join along in your ride :)
    It was almost like living unspoiled vicariously through you all :p
    Other 3SA members may come in to give your thanks to these fine people to :)
    I'll be looking for all of your reviews on the 19th ;)

2. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Great post, TWD.

I concur. I only left the 3SA about a month ago, and I have to say I've loved my time here. The quality of discussions along with the passion within most people make this a great little community. With the 3SA being so big and open, it's always easy to get lost and have 10 thread called "Yodman TEH k00l!!!!!111!!!!", so it was a nice change to have a much more focused and personal time in this forum.

Kudos to the mod team, and to every single member of this forum. :)

3. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Ah yes! Garth and Windy made one Hell of a team! Exactly what mods should be.
    I think what makes this place special is the fact that it's members only. People actually have to work to get in here. Too much trouble in fact, if your goal was to stir up trouble.
    This makes me think of how people say the JC was way back in 98. Except maybe more polite :p

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    [:D] :D

Windy and Garth have been excellent, and they've been helped tremendously by the high level of responsibility and enthusiasm by the users here. I think this forum has been a tremendous success.

5. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I agree with this. Even though I have not posted that much, the discussions here have been something that has made the wait for this film oh so much easier.

It is indeed a wonderful community, and thank you everyone. I hope I will still see your familiar avatars after this film comes out.
    I cannot believe this will soon all be over.

May the force be with you.

6. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    I'd also like to thank all of you. I'm so disappointed that I only discovered these boards about a month ago.

7. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I agree with what the others have said. This is such a nice place and it has made it a lot easier for me to stay spoiler free and to endure the wait. Thank you everybody!

8. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    My only regret is that because I was spoiled, I wasn't able to participate completely with you guys. There were times I wanted to contribute to a thread but thought, 'no, better not.'
    I ought to clarify though. The 3SA can be awful at times, but it's not the mod's fault. They really do try their best (well, maybe not always, but if they did, I firmly believe the poor guys would crack).
    The things with the 3SA is it attracts the most new users who are, understandably, enthusiastic about being around so many similar minds. Many are simply not familiar with netiquette, so you can't fully blame them either.
    Where I think the biggest problems lie are within just a few cliques that taint the rest. You had people there who'd crap on any bit of news they could. This, of course, clashed with the hardcore gushers.
    Then you'd also have people (no names) who'd stick to ridiculously outdated and outrageous theories no matter how often they were refutted which also dragged down discussion.
    After three years of these two scenarios, I guess people simply had enough and went plum loco! :p

But I also must state. There were many MANY fun times in the 3SA as well. Lot's of good memories.
    Once you get relocated there, I highly suggest you all look up a memories thread.
    I also hope they'll keep up the banner switching. Man, that was great!
    For those who don't know, each character had a specific banner (or two or three) with a single headshot with a quote to go with it.
    For instance, one was Ric Oli with the quote "I'm not in this movie!"
    Or Poggle with "Click click buzz click (3SA, let the spoilers begin!"
    I hope you all get to see them! :)

9. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Awwww, thank you T_W_D :D

10. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    No, thank you :) lol
    Ironically, most of you will see it before me! (Pacific time zone here)
    I couldn't think of a better reward for you guys :)

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Ha ha! I'm the designated basher now, eh??

Well, I concur that this place has been great. I've been hanging out in the spoiler forum the last two days, and it couldn't be more different than this place. Impossible to have an intelligent and thoughtful discussion. Dangerous to speak your mind for fear of being assaulted. It is definitely a funny place, but absolutely useless if you want to have a mature discussion about Star Wars.

Only by going over there have I really been able to appreciate how great this place has been the last few years. Yes, I'm critical, but only because I love Star Wars so much, and have such unrealistic high expectations. All of you nice people have allowed me to think and talk about Star Wars openly and freely without fear of being called a dork or having eyes rolled at my obsession. The people in here are thoughtful and have the ability to formulate questions and hold their ground in a debate without being a jerk. We can talk about the deep aspects of mythology, or the merits of a particular sound effect for a droid.

Thanks to everyone in here!!!!!

12. oLiquidRusho

oLiquidRusho Jedi Master star 2

May 8, 2002
    I remember going to the AOTC spoiler forum before too - and it was crazy then. There is definetly a different discussion atmosphere here. Here people seem to be more thoughtful and less impulsive on responses - then again the name of the forums themselves can lead you on to that - think a bout it

Most likely the impulsive person would go to a spoiler forum - too impatient to wait on news or wait for the movie for the ultimate experience - therefore its a higher chance that the person could be quite . . . . I dunno, eratic with their responses? I don't know what the word is, but they're definetly more jolty so to speak

Whereas a calm, collected, thoughtful person would go to the non spoiler forum because, though they want to know about the movie oh so bad they definetly have the reservation and patience to think about it and say "No I won't spoil myself" By the very nature they are most likely going to be thoughtful of things and more reasonable with opinions or what not. Yeah . . . . you guys can tell I've been smoking a little . . . yeah . . .

13. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    all i can think of to say is "WOLVERINE'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

but seriously -- i loved our little home here.

i never dared enter the 3SA after my time in the 2SA a couple years ago.

this was great fun and great discussion and never anything but.

all of you deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done.

5 more days....

maybe we can post a thread every may 19th and all come back and say hi?

sniff, i am gonna miss you guys -- but i will enjoy getting to finally discuss the entire saga with nothing to fear.

perhaps we can all meet up in the TVNSA lol

14. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    What is the 'Memories' thread that you speak of?

Is it like a diary of sorts....a history of when spoilers were first brought up? That would be a good read.

I always thought about doing a diary type thread...I mean I think we call can relate major events in our life and what was going on in Star Wars. I mean how many of you remember everything about seeing TPM trailer for the first time.

15. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    The pleasure, Wascally_Droid, is all mine.

When the time ultimately comes for this community to be dissolved, I don't know if I'll be able to put into words how much it has meant to me over the past six years. I was one of the first handful of members to start posting in the newly formed Episode II: Non-Spoiler forum, and it saddens me to know that I'll still be here as the Episode III: Non-Spoiler forum's doors are shut down for good.

The real sense of community is what has kept me here for so long. I feel as though we've achieved a real closeness over the years that is rarely seen for a message board of this magnitude. You guys give GARTH, stinrab and me far more credit than we deserve, I think. You guys were the ones who helped to build the relationships among yourselves. Your moderators had very little to do with that.

Modding this forum has been a real joy. There are no real problem users. Stripped to its most basic forum, GARTH, stinky and I have simply acted to keep a spark in the forum during the slow periods, and to keep organization and cohesiveness during the bursts of activity.

So, thank you everybody. There will be a gaping hole in my life once our journey is over. I will never forget any of you. :)

:cool: Mace Windy
    too windy for spoilers!

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    A big thank you to the moderators for doing a great job :).

If I may, I'd like to give a quick shout and thank you to jp-30, who originally proposed the NSA private board idea in the MS sometime in the fall of 2003. I think just about everyone can agree that it has been a resounding success.

17. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Indeed. This forum owes a heck of a lot to jp-30 - truely a brilliant idea.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

18. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Awwwww, Thats nice :)

If you can't wait to read our reviews, which is good becuase I can't wait to write mine ;)

19. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    *Hugs everyone*

Ewwww! You all smell funny, try using soap!

J/k

I will miss this place too. It saddens me that my Anakin banner never got contributed to this great forum due to technical difficulties. Oh well. Life goes on.

20. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    im also a refugey from 3SA

21. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    This is, without a doubt, the best forum on the Jedi Council. It made me like this place a lot better. I've been coming to this forum since I joined almost two years ago, I came right here - avoiding the 3SA from the get go. I wish it could stay in business long after the movie comes out, but that's just not the way it goes. It's been a fun run.

BDB, what did your Anakin banner look like?

22. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I too was one of the first people (relatively) to be approved for membership here, and it really is sad that in 5 days this great little community is gonna be broken up and that Windy and Garth will probably take moderating positions on another forums but it won't be the same.

The conversations here are what made the wait bearable and wish that I could just be in line with all the non-spoiled people for the first showing.

23. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I love this forum. Its really meant a lot to me. I also post on my city board, but there are so many people there who know different bits of info, its hard to know what to say and what not to say. That sucks because I actually know some of those people and cant talk to them.
    I can talk here. :)
    The rules here are as clear as possible (IMO) and I everyone sticks to them. We all respect each others wishes to be, or not to be spoiled.

Thank you, to all of you. :)

24. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    I have to agree with everybody. This is a great forum with some good people and Ive had a lot of fun posting here.

25. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    You're a big softie That_Wascally_Droid. :p

But I echo this statement: Major kudos to the posters who build the board atmosphere, the mods who keep it great and even to the few 3SA folk who float around but respect us spoiler-free posters with our decision to live Episode III up to it's fullest. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.