With less than a week left, I'd like to give you all a big thank you!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by That_Wascally_Droid, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincessKas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awwww. The more replies to this I read, the more I realize that the journey is almost over. As much as I cna't wait for Wednesday (3 days WHAT?!), I am seriously going to miss all of you guys.

JediPrincessKas--If nothing else I've enjoyed drooling everytime I see your avatar

I do what I can. :D :p
  2. zenwave Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm a relatively late arrival to this board, but it's been a pleasure reading your posts, and having a place to talk about my favorite films!

Jon
  3. JediRac Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks TWD, we're glad you enjoyed being here!

And it wouldn't had been that way without the help of Garth, Windy and everyone else at 3NS. Thanks everyone!

Now hurry up and go see this movie so we can talk about it!!! :p
  4. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I've been in some of my most memorable discussion in this forum. It's sad that this time it wont be possible to hurry off to the new NS-forum, instead it's time to settle in the ROTS forum and merge with the 3SA.

I've mostly lurked the last few months, simply because I've been too much in the middle of HCSF and officially spoiled, but it's always been a pleasure to read all HCSF speculation.
  5. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    *grabs a tissue to wipe away the tears*

As much as I want to see rots, and trust me, the anticiaption and excitement is flowing through me, I dont want to see this place go.

I remember when I first signed up on the boards. I followed a link, to tf.n about filming. From there I followed another link to the 3sa, and I wanted to join. I came here not knowing why people would not want to know the details of the final star wars movie. I quickly realized why and have been here ever since, and wouldn't want to leave. I have been here since the boards have been private, and it was great. No more "Watch out for troll threads" or "Death to ___ the Troll".

This has been an incredible ride, and I just want to thank many of people who hav made it such: GARTH_MAUL, Mace Windy, stinrab, jedi_master_ousley, GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN, EMPEROR_WINDU, Captain_Typho, Darth-Seldon, arrowheadpodracer, AdamBertocci, stormcloud8 and last, but definetely not least the fantastic RebelScum77. You all Rock, and I owe so much to you. I hope I did not leave anyone off.

Why does this feel like I am doing the memoirs for my hs yearbook all over again?
  6. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh, man.

I just watched Finding Neverland, and I actually got really choked up.

It kind of reminded me of what is happening with SW right now, it's really the end of an era. People didn't "get" Peter Pan at first, it seemed ludicrous. Same thing with SW. And now that the reviews are coming in and Lucas is vindicated, I feel that my obsession with SW was all worthwhile.

If I got choked up watching that movie, I'll be a wreck on the 19th. :_|
  7. origjedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes, thanks to everyone who has contributed to making this a great board. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to spend the last few years before Ep. III spoiler-free than this group. It is something that I appreciate and will always remember!
  8. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I would also like to issue thanks, personally to stinrab, who let me into the forum, where I discovered the group that I would latch on to and ride out the endless wave of Spoilers, and even avoid the trailers, with.

And on that note, I would like to sincerely thank Mace Windy, stinrab and GARTH_MAUL for their dedication, even to the most fanatical of us here. You guys have made it very easy in these forums for myself and the other members of the ESS to avoid even threads here that may leak more info than we would like, especially since we avoid all info, even that not considered spoilers by most. Your establishing the requirement of the [HCSF] and notifications of potential light 'spoilers' have made the journey through these forums wonderful for us. You guys deserve a huge round of applause from everyone here for thinking of each and every individual in this forum, and making it your personal responsibility to go above and beyond to make the trip to the end as enjoyable as possible for everyone.

The Emperor's S.E.C.R.E.T. S.E.R.V.I.C.E. thanks you gentleman very much!!!

I look forward, really, to Thursday morning, when I can finally break into the things I have avoided so long, and have a good laugh with others here at some of the hair-brained 'spoilers' 3SA was posting.

Everyone in this forum has been wonderful, and I'm going to miss this place once it's gone. :(
  9. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, thank you all for being awesome users of this board. I joined these boards way back when it was started but didnt really pay much attention until a few months ago. And then as the months turned into weeks, I started to realize how much I liked this forum. It was my safe haven from the Spoiled World. Everytime I felt like I was going to give in and look at spoilers, I fell back to this fortress and it gave me a new hope. I only wish good times like these can endure but as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. 72 hours will seem like an eternity but it will pass by incredibly fast. So before I dive into the water, I'd really like to thank each and every one of you for guiding me to the edge. You may not know me or what I'm talking about but with you just being here and posting, it has influenced me in the way I view Star Wars and for that I'm grateful. Thanks :)
  10. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wow guys! This has been my only successful non-mod post (my OFFICIAL THREAD: Anakin's Turn to the Darkside is still going amazingly!), and I can see it was definitely worthwhile to give us all a chance to ride out this last bit as a strong, functional community. There won't be another board like this for a long long time.

3SA/PT forum Bashers vs Gushers
    CT Forum: EUist vs Purists
    Lit Forum: Pro Mara vs Anti Mara, Pro NJO vs Anti NJO (well the list goes on really :p)
    Communications: 'Us' vs 'Them'
    JCC: Cliquist vs Anybody else :p
  11. MYMUTHAZ Force Ghost

star 3
    wow i just noticed this thread i feel like a jerk.
    this forum is great. i've said it so many times before. you're all awesome! especially GM & windy for keeping us able to enjoy the hype without it ruining everything. and to RS77 & the other ladies for making this not a total sausage fest.
    we've got to either:
    *petition to keep this forum going and just rename it to "awesome" or something.
    *start a yahoo or myspace group so we can still BS together about a GFFA!!!!!
  12. generalgreivous4 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm a relatively late arrival to this board, but it's been a pleasure reading your posts, and having a place to talk about my favorite films!

Same here. I've only been here about two weeks now I think, almost that.
  13. Jedi_Boricua Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Garth and Windy, you guys kick some serious...you know the rest.
  14. Wally44 Force Ghost

star 1
    Thank you as well from me, a late comer to the board. You saved me from 3SA.
  15. Worst_Jedi_Ever Force Ghost

star 1
    I have been here (mostly lurking) since the beginning of last year; in fact, it never occurred to me to sign up with TFN as a registered user until NSA became a private group. I have always appreciated Windy and Stinrab for letting me in despite my lack of track record, and have been grateful for the fantastic modding this group has received. Garth, the fact that you have been willing to go thru and edit so many reviews has been admirable, and I know I'm not the only one who appreciates your work.

The past few weeks have been an especially difficult time to be spoiler-free, and being able to come here every day and read what people are saying (and occasionally offer my own two cents) has been a lot of fun and very gratifying. We have a great community here, and the difference between what goes on here and the immaturity and stupidity that permeates a lot of the other forums is sometimes startling.

Thank you all, mods and members alike, for making NSA a great place.
  16. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    *sigh*.

I only wish all you lurkers would post more often.[face_beatup]

Of course, I did the same thing for years.[face_alien_1]
  17. Wally44 Force Ghost

star 1
    I've been lurking since 98 or so.... :eek:
  18. Worst_Jedi_Ever Force Ghost

star 1
    *sigh*.

I only wish all you lurkers would post more often.

[Anakin] Yes, Master. I'm trying, Master. [/Anakin] ;)

19. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Worst_Jedi_Ever - I remember you from when you first registered here in early '04. With a funny username and icon like that, you kinda stuck in my head ;)
  20. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    Worst_Jedi_Ever - I remember you from when you first registered here in early '04. With a funny username and icon like that, you kinda stuck in my head

I burst out laughing the first time I saw his icon. Wish I'd have thought of that first.
  21. Worst_Jedi_Ever Force Ghost

star 1
    I have to say, all the credit goes to whatever team puts together the pics for the icons--they do a phenomenal job of coming up with unique and interesting ones (the one close-up of Vader's saber right in Luke's face from ESB is a particular fave). And there are SO many to choose from, it's easy to have your own "identity".

Also, the whole idea of referring to Coleman Trebor (in the Simpsons' "Comic Book Guy" voice, naturally) as WJE isn't even my own; my roommate introduced me to the idea. When I first joined TFN I was trying hard to come up with a good username, and once I saw a pic that not only depicted the Worst Jedi Ever, but depicted exactly why he might be given that moniker, it was too good to pass up. I myself get a chuckle whenever I see one of my own posts, with the name and pic together like that. :)

Oh, and Damon--it's nice to feel noticed! And right back atcha--I remember back when you were heading up the CT forum (IIRC), and have enjoyed your posts here in NSA.
  22. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
  23. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    This forum is a breathe of fresh air among with message board!

There are so many knowledgable and sharp posters on this form in particular. I guess maybe it because we are crazed spoiler free (or spoiler-lite) fans. Or maybe it is because we have to undergo another registration process....

I just enjoy the lack of bashers and trolls that seem to populate every other board at TF.N. It's been great enjoying SW here.

Going to miss it.
  24. Anakin_Darth Force Ghost

star 2
    This is extremely emotional and heartbreaking for me, especially since I've loved reading the 3NSA Forum for as long as I could, until Windy finally bestowed me access to this wonderful forum (Thanks Windy!). It honestly hurts to know that in just a few days, a huge part of all our lives will end, and decades of speculation will finally be laid to rest. This is it; the movie each and every one of us has been waiting for our entire lives as STAR WARS fans. From what little I've seen, it seems Lucas held NOTHING back, and it looks to overshadow Empire as the greatest film in the Saga. We've followed this little boy, seen him grow up into an ambitious Jedi Padawan, and now the Circle, and the Saga, is complete. I tear up every time I see the words THE SAGA IS COMPLETE, and it'll be hard letting all of this go. But on May 19th, at 12:01am, when I'm running to the theatre to take my seat, I'll think of each and every one of you, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will. I love each and every one of you; thank you for the time of my life.

May The Force Be With You all!
  25. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I want to give a special shout out to Kavic_Toth. We've had some good laughs at each other's expense there Tony.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.