main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Within a Room Somewhere~~The Official Sixpence None the Richer Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by YanetheRedNosedHM-, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YanetheRedNosedHM-

YanetheRedNosedHM- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Within a Room Somewhere

I breathe the mist
    Floating about the stars
    I can caress
    With velvet hands
    I breathe the mist
    Floating within, without this pen
    This pen between my fingers

Messiah
    I know you are there
    Within, without me
    Holding me
    Messiah
    I know you are there
    Catching, carrying
    This beautiful mess

Escape the pain
    Within a room somewhere
    Escape the pain
    So deep inside the soul
    I have no key
    No map to find

[i]Dreams...inconsistent angel things...[/i]
    There's always that imaginary world you hold inside your head, wherever you go. And sometimes you touch upon books, movies, or...music that capture the essence of that world. It's hard to explain something like that to someone else, but for me, Sixpence None the Richer has captured that world for me.

[i]This is my forty-fifth depressing tune...[/i]
    Everytime I listen to them, I can escape from the dreary, everyday world I'm forced to go to. The lilting, angelic voice of Leigh Nash is reminiscent of a mellow, sunshiny afternoon walking through a forested park during autumn. And it's not just the vocals that draw me in. It's the lyrics. Deep, profound ideas hidden beneath an elaborate weaving of words that somehow are the embodiment of what I was thinking. And then there's the music. To be sure, when they started it was in the '80s: the era of synthetic piano and the like. But they still had the lyrics and voice. However, as time went on, you can definitely feel the change. In their self-titled album and [i]Breathe Your Name[/i], the music is so rich. Sometimes I blank out Leigh's voice and just let the music carry me along. They're that good.

So, for discussion starters, what's your favorite album and why?

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Ive only heard one song by them and it was at least five or six years ago. Are they even still around ?

3. YanetheRedNosedHM-

YanetheRedNosedHM- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    They're still around, but they have recently broke up because, as far as I know, Leigh Nash wanted to stay home and be a wife and a mother. That's a better reason than most bands break up for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.