main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Without a Trace(JA Drama/angst) COMPLETED Oct3/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ok, maybe not lonely. But I think Obi-Wan and I have the same physical therapist. (master torturer)

2. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Hmm... Den sounds like someone you don't want to cross!

So, is it Arwen, bearing good news... or bad news?

Please no more bad news- poor Obi!

[face_devil] I love angst.

Another great post, Arwen!

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    wannabe: ya got that right!

bounty: thanks!

Kitara: ekk...don't want to meet him/her

sheleigh: ah Den...funny guy but very much like his master when it comes to other's health.
    --------------------------------
    I activated the link. "Kenobi." I say, trying to keep the quiver out of my voice.

"Obi-Wan it's Arwen." said the voice. My heart starts going crazy, she doesn't sound very happy. I ask her what's going on, she grunts.

"This isn't going very well," she muttered. "The Ord Mantell government is not helping us in the slightest, neither are the conflicting parties that Qui-Gon was sent here to mediate."

I sighed. It figured, a Jedi Master goes missing and no one lifts a finger to help. Contrary to popular belief, Jedi need help on occasion as well.

"The odds aren't looking good for him Obi, but I wouldn't give up hope just yet."

I clenched my teeth. "Jade," I said, "The only way you're gonna get me to give up hope is if you come back here with a bodybag" I shuddered at the thought.

I heard some noise in the background, Arwen said a rushed good bye before she cut the link.

Great, I'm still a stress case. Maybe some food will cheer you up Obi-Wan, it seems to work every other time/

Yeah well fluncking a Calculus test is very different from a missing Master. I wish this was a dream, Force say this is a dream. Wake me up in that blosy diagnostic bed with Qui-Gon sitting next to me and I'll never ask for anything again.

I close my eyes and open them, nothing happens.

I decided to make my way to the dining hall, I promised to meet Bant and Obi-Wan Kenobi always keeps his promises.

No matter how much he wants to break them
    --------------------------
    Dinner was boring, for Bant anyway. I didn't talk much and I didn't eat until she pinched me, by then my meal had gone cold.

I have always been a fan of freezing cold Nerf meat, my favourite.

I think this whole thing had turned me into a bitter cynic. Beautiful, I get to annoy Den while twisting my legs.

Bant walked me home, well she walks I hover, and gave me a little kiss on the cheak promising that everything would turn out all right.

Maybe she shouldn't make promise's she can't keep.

I'm getting ready to compleate the dire task of getting into bed from my hoverchair with two busted legs. This is going to be fun.

I pick up one leg and try to get it into the bed, but more pain shoot up my side than it did with the session with Den. I grit my teeth, chant the Jedi Code and try again.

I throw myself back in the hoverchair, I'm beat. I can't get into bed so I'm gonna half to sleep in a chair tonight.

Just what I always wanted.

I grab my pillow and wheel my hoverchair up to my window. I look out the window and try to pick out the planet that is Ord Mantell.

I miss him, that's all I can say right now. Every little thing I see or hear reminds me of him in that little way that only I could pick up.

I hope he's okay. I position my head on the pillow and try to get some sleep.

That is not going to be easy...
    ----------------------

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awe poor Obi need more wingmate

5. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    This story is so sad Arwen. :_|

But I still love it.

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Falcon: Yep, poor Obi

bounty: *passes tissues* thanks

-------------------------
    Three days later

I sit on the edge of the diagnostic bed in the infirm, cross legged. Den sits there watching me hold this position.

I have to admit that it doesn't hurt as much as it did three days ago, Den's techniques are working.

But this is going too slow for me! I still can't walk or get out of my chair without causing a lot of pain. I've been sleeping in my hoverchair, if you call it sleeping...

I need to get out of here, I need to help Qui-Gon.

I sense something wrong, I reach out with the Force. I don't know what it is, but it feel's like someone has just...died.

The disturbance is explosive, it's coming from Qui-Gon!! I'm not sure if he's dead or badly hurt, but I need to get out of here.

I uncross my legs and get to my feet.

I collapse before I get anywhere. Den walkds over and helps me up. "We start the walking stuff tomorrow Obi," he says grinning. "Your legs are still too weak to hold you up."

I don't care about what Den is telling me right now, something's wrong. I tell him this and he tries to calm me down.

"Obi-Wan you're not going anywhere," he says sternly. "Arwen and Jess will get to Qui-Gon and help, you have to stay here. Do you have any idea what Qui-Gon will do to me if I let you out."

I smile inwardly, Qui-Gon would kill Den or worse. The pain came back, the urge to see Qui-Gon alive. I took a few deep breaths and nodded at Den.

He helped me back into my chair. "We'll call it off for today," said Den. "We'll try the walking tomorrow"

I nodded again and left the infirm

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    awe poor Obi he is such a hurry to walk again, need more soon

8. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    :( Poor Obi! I'm wishing him a speedy recovery so he can go find Qui, and fast. Great posts Arwen!

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    poor Obi-Wan

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Falcon: But he has to take it slow or he'll make himself worse.

Huntress: thanks

Kitara: yep..poor Obi :(

------------------
    Without a Trace: Part 4

It's offical, I have gone insane with worry. It's been two months since Qui-Gon left on that mission and vanished.

I haven't heard a thing from Arwen and Jess in weeks and I'm starting to get flashes of my Master's death in my dreams. The strange thing is, they're all different. I told Healer Ne'hera about my dreams, she said that they were probably all the fears I was carrying within me making themselves known.

I'm sitting in my hoverchair again, staring at nothing in paticular. I take a look at my legs. Den has got me started on this thing that's about a meter wide with two bars for me to hold onto. I walk from one end to the other, he says my strenghth will slowly come back and I'll be able to do all the things I ever did.

Except...without Qui-Gon. I slap myself mentally, I can't think like this and I won't.

The Council informed me that they are presuming Qui-Gon dead, there hasn't been any word. They have said that Jess and Arwen will most likly comback empty handed, or with a body bag.

I need to lie down, I hate this chair and when I get out of it I will burn it to the ground. I press the control, it jerks a bit but stops.

Great, now my chair has died on me. I'm about to call my comlink to my hand, but I have a better idea.

I think it's time for my own physiotherapy. I grip the sides of the chair and push myself to my feet, I stand there for a moment. Preparing myself for what I'm about to do.

Come on Obi-Wan you can do this, it's four feet from the window to your bed and it's never bothered you before. I breathe and take a small step forward while releasing my grip on the sides of the chair.

Amzaingly I'm keeping my balance, I take a step foreward, then another and another. I speed up my step as I reach my bed and throw myself on it!

"I can walk!!" I whisper to myself. But the sadness comes back full force. Qui-Gon had wanted to help me through my rehab, he wanted to be there the day I took my first step alone.

I will find you Qui-Gon, all I have to do is learn to run again and perfect my fighting and I'll be out in a few days.

A sudden thought comes to my mind...I can't tell Den that I've made improvement, he'll tell the council and they'll know to keep me from going.

So, I can't burn my chair yet. I'll still need it.

My link sounds, I force myself to walk over to get it. "Kenobi" I answer.

"Obi-Wan it's Arwen."

My heart leaps, if she's found Qui-Gon this will be the best day of my life.

But I sense nothing but woe coming from her. "Obi," she says slowly. "We've gone through every lead we can, all of them end the same way: Qui-Gon was murdered."

Somebody please shoot me.

I can't believe this, Arwen is giving up on him! "Arwen, I would have felt him die! I don't beleive this!"

Arwen tries to reason with me but I cut her short. Everyone thinks Qui-Gon's a goner except for me, I need proof. I need to sit down at his funeral and watch his body burn for me to believe it.

I'm leaving as soon as I'm able to run, that's all there is to it.
    -----------------------------
    Two days later

I can run, I can fight and I can kill is I half to. Den is still oblivious to my recovery, I make sure to make very slow progress during my sesions with him. Now is the perfect time for me to leave, all the Jedi in the Temple are attending Qui-Gon's 'funeral'.

There's no body, how can they even think of having a funeral. Arwen and her Master came down and said how sorry they were that they didn't get to him fast enough. I said not to worry about it.

This isn't anyone's problem anymore, it's mine.

What would happen should I find that Qui-Gon is dead? What then? Will I be assigned a new Master, will I be sent out if the Order because no one will take me?

I don't want another Master, if Qui-Gon is dead I am leaving the Order. It's that simple.

I stuff

11. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Go Obi! This promises to be a fabulous adventure for him Arwen. Loving it!

12. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Go Obi!

Great post Arwen!

I'm so glad Obi can walk now and will go save Qui-Gon!

Thanks for the tissues. *wipes away one last tear* Now I'm happy again, this was a happy post! Well, mostly.

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    At least Obi-Wan hasn't given up on him yet.

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Awesome post wingmate.

Go Obi

15. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Phew! All caught up :D

Poor Obi - being stuck there while his Master is missing :(

More soon please :)

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Huntress: Yep

bounty: happy? Depending on your POV I guess

Kitara: Obi's one of those "seeing is believing" types

Falcon: thanks

Ginger: Nice to see ya!
    ----------------
    I step outside my quarters, I've never seen the halls this empty before. I wonder if anyone my get suspicious that I'm not at the 'funeral'.

I hope Jocasta Nu is at the funeral as well, I need to use the computers but I don't want her to see me. I step into the lift tube, hiding my travel bag underneath my robe. I put my hood up, it was tradition for a Jedi in mourning. If someone did see me I couldn't be walking around like Qui-Gon had gone on holiday or something.

I get off at the archives level and walk in, there are a few young Padawans and I can't see Madame Nu anywhere. I sit down at the nearest terminal and pull up Qui-Gon's mission reports.

There was still a password on the file, I chuckle inwardly. I reach my hand into my robe pocket and pull out a datacard.

It's Qui-Gon's, I've never been allowed to use it because of his security clearance. But I need to know where he was and I need to pull up the leads Jess Valin and Arwen Jade Dumais pulled up.

It's a high offense for a Padawan to use his Master's card, Qui-Gon could dismiss me over it.

But Qui-Gon's dead right? Why would he care?
    --------------
    gtg...dinner time

17. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Great post Arwen.

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Obi Wan is going behind their backs? I like it keep them coming

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    More mOre

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Obi-Wan is starting to go by way of his Master: If the council doesn't approve, do it anyway [face_devil]
    ----------------
    I insert the disk into the computer, it doesn't object to the fact that 'Qui-Gon Jinn' is going through Temple files when 'Qui-Gon Jinn' is dead.

I know very well that the council members will find out and know it was me. I don't care, dear Sith I've become my Master.

I print out Qui-Gon's mission papers and Jess Valin's report when she came back. I stuff both papers into my pocket, leave the room and take the left tube down to the hanger.

I step off and remember that I'm going have to commit another offense: Stealing a Jedi ship.

But I feel like mocking them, making them feel guilty about giving up on Qui-Gon. I smirk and walk over to the sheet you have to fill in if there is no supervising knight in the hanger.

I jot down some information and smirk proudly at what I have written.

Name: Take a wild guess

Number of passengers departing: 1

Type of ship: Find the one that's missing and there's your answer

Destination: like I'm going to tell

Number of passenger returning: 2 (yes you read that right TWO)

other remarks: Keep a bed reserved in the infirm

I take a look at the ships, I pick out the fastest one. I settle myself in and take off, the doors flying open before me.

I'm coming Qui-Gon...just do me a favor and don't die.

Please don't

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great post need more

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Go Obiwan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    [face_laugh] Loved that last post Padawan! :D Sooo funny!

24. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I just found this, Arwen, and I love it! Go Obi! I like the POV, too.

More soon, please! :D

KenobisGirl :p

25. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I just caught up on this story..and can i say..

PLEASE UPDATE SOON!!!

My arms are getting tired from all these cliffhangers :)

Great story though...cant wait to read more..

PT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.