main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Without a Trace(JA Drama/angst) COMPLETED Oct3/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Falcon: coming right up!

Jenny: ditto

Ginger: thanks [face_blush]

KenobisGirl: Thanks!

Travina: *looks innocent* what cliffies? ;)
    ----------------------
    A few hours later

I snap my eyes open and try to find the source of the sound that woke me up, it was the bloody mav computer.

Five minutes to Ord Mantell, about damn time! Me falling asleep while in hyperspace is a rare occurance.

I take a quick look at the sheets I printed off from the Temple files, the closest lead that Jess and Arwen ever got was from a man named Murk Drening. They were supposed to meet him for more information, but things got complicated and he sent a message saying that Qui-Gon was dead.

I sense that this man has more to tell than he lets on. I take another look at the sheet, Jess had noted his address. Thank you for making things easy.

I stand up and walk over to the small medbay, I hope I don't have to use it. But there is no way someone can go missing for two months and not need medical attention. I double check everything, I'm prepared for anything that could possibly happen.

I've also been picturing what I'm going to say to the council. They have at least three charges worthy of explusion from the order.

Why is it that I don't care? I've tried telling myself that if I get kicked out I'll never see Qui-Gon again.

But I don't care! As long as he's safe, all go to the Agri-Corps with a huge smile on my face. I don't admit that I'll be pretty depressed if I do get kicked out, but I frankly don't care what happens to me right now.

The nav computer beeps again, I get up and walk back to the cockpit. I sit down and start the landing cycle.

Perfect, it's raining and I have to walk about half an hour to get to this guy's place. The ship lands and I double check that my lightsaber is out of view.

I'm ready.
    -----------------------
    The rain is starting to soak me everywhere, even though my Jedi Robe is pretty thick. I wrap my robe closer around me, it's starting to get awfully cold.

A few minutes more and I can see the house in plain sight. The lights are on so someone is home.

I march up to the door and bang on it.

"Hang on I'm coming!" yells a voice in reply.

A man, a good foot shorter than me, opens the door and take a look at me.

"More jedi!" he says.

I look at him from under my hood. "I'm looking for a friend. I'm here to ensure his safety"
    ----------------------

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wow awesome post need more soon

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oooo, I like. Hopefully this stranger is a friend and not a foe... Of course, if he's a foe, that means: Obi-torture! [face_devil]

More soon please!

KenobisGirl :p

4. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Great Arwen!

I do have a strange point of view somtime. :)

5. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Cool post Arwen! Why do I have a bad feeling about that dude and just generally think that something's not gonna go right for Obi? (Oh- duh- maybe because it's OBI?)

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Falcon: finally! a post!!

KenobisGirl: not telling!

bounty: don't we all [face_devil]

huntress: since when have things EVER gone right for Obi??
    ----------------
    Murk looks up at me, he can tell I meant business. I am frankly considering if I have to get into 'aggresive negotiations' to get my answers.

But he sighs and opens the door wider. "We'd better sit down." he says. I nod my head in gratitude and step in, I lower my hood and follow the man into what I assume is the kitchen.

He walked over to the stove, picked up a pot and poured some of it's contents into a bowl. He handed it to me. "You're soaking wet, your gonna need this."

I thanked him and sat down at the table in the center of the room, Murk poured himself a bowl of the soup and sat down across from me.

"I take it you know who I am." he said. "So I won't bother with introductions, but I would like to know your relation to this 'friend'. The situation becomes complicated of you don't tell me."

I chewed my lip, I sensed that this man meant me no harm so I told him. "I'm his apprentice."

Drening nodded. "Figures." he muttered. He shifted in his chair. "They told me you'd be along, why did it take two months to do so?"

I glare at him. "I was delayed." I said sharply. "And how do you know so much?"

Myrk sighed. "I was the one who was hired to kidnap the negotiator."

I felt anger rising, this was the mand who had aimed a pistol at Qui-Gon's back in my vision. I sensed something else and allowed him to continue.

"I didn't know he was a Jedi until later, much later." he assured me. "i delvered him to my boss and that was it. But kidnapping Jedi is not my style, do you know what I mean."

No I don't know what you mean and you'd better tell me where he is or there will be problems. I didn't say this out loud, just nodded and pressed him to continue.

"Well, those other two came here and my boss got a bit displeased that I was being interrogated by two Jedi. He said the apprentice would be along and he needed me alive." Murk took a breath. "He kept me hostage until they left the plantet, sending a message in my name telling them that Qui-Gon was dead."

He looks a bit shifty again, as if he thinks he's being watched. He leans over the table and I do the same.

"I can tell you that, last time I checked, he was alive."
    -----------------------

7. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Arwen, you wouldn't mind a new reader, would you? :)

This is great! I love it.

Go Obi. :)

I hope he finds Qui soon. :)

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    They were waiting for Obi to come after him? Is this a set-up??

See my notes on other threads. DRL has hit hard and fast, so I will be in and out. dont think that I have abandoned you :)

9. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    TRAP! TRAP! It's a TRAP!
    But what choice does Obi have? GO carefully. :)
    Great posts Arwen.

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great post

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I slowly breathed, Qui-Gon was alive. He wasn't dead, he was alive. The council was wrong, I was right.

I had two important questions:

"What is his conditions and can you tell me where he is?"

Drenning shifted in his seat, eyes darting around the room as if watched again. "He was pretty banged up when I saw him last, I don't know how bad. And getting to him, I'll have to lead you to it. But I'm not going in, you understand?"

I had no time for this. "Fine!" I said quickly. "I'll go myself just come with me right now."

"Now!"

I stod up and walked to the door. "I've waited two months to help him, I'm not waiting any longer."
    -----------------------
    A bit later we were on my ship following the directions that Murk Drenning gave me. HE said that the people who had employed him to kidnap Qui-Gon were a bunch of workers that did not want the negotiations to go foreward, they knew that I would be along and would use that to their advantage.

I'm ready, they've made this personel and they will face the consequences.

"Right there," says Murk tapping my shoulder. I see a small complex by the crashing seas of the planet, it's pretty large and ideal for beings who do not wish to be found.

I can sense him a bit now, but I can't reach him. This is the equvalent of watching him being tourtured while powerless to do anything about it, like I have been for the past two months.

All that changes here and now.

I see a small valley in some mountains where I can park the ship, I had Murk a comlink. "When I get out I want you to fly this over to the main entrance, I'm not sure if Qui-Gon will be well enough to handle a hike."

Murk nodded. I should be worried that he'll fly off without me. But he knows that I'm not in a good mood and will be in an even worse one to be left behind.

I lower the landing platform and walk out of the cockpit, Murk following me.

As I pull up my hood to keep the rain off me, I walk out the ramp and can hear Murk close it behind me.

I start walking.

Qui-Gon just hold on a bit longer, I'll be there soon

Hold on...please.

13. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Ooh, what a great post, Arwen.
    Poor Qui and Obi. :(

I hope it's not too long until they find each other.

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I made it back without missing anything. I don't trust this guy!!

15. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I don't trust him either, PadawanKitara.

Obi-Wan's in no condition to defend himself against anyone right about now.

Oooooooh, waiting for the next post. I have a bad feeling about it.

16. Wild_Huntress

Jul 15, 2002
    Fabulous post Arwen! Yay! Oh boy yeah methinks this isn't gonna be as easy as Obi-Wan hopes.

17. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Hurry Obi! RUN!

Another post soon Arwen?

18. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Helloooooooo. Is anyone out there?

.:Looks around board:.

Nope I guess not. I'll have to wait even longer for another great post. :D

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    UP UP AND AWAY!!!

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Sorry it;s taken so long...again!
    -------------
    I keep walking, pushing myself on my legs. I didn't realise that this much work would tire them out so much, as long as I stay on my feet for the next few hours I'm happy.

The rain hits my face like bullets and whe wind keeps blowing my hood off my face. I pull my cloak around me trying to keep some sort of warmth within me.

Minutes go by until I reach the complex I saw from the ship, I scan the building for some sort of entrance.

I see it, a small trap door in the roof. I find the nearest tree and try to climb it, my legs screaming angony as I reach the top and lower myself onto the roof
    -------------
    Am being kicked off, this is not an intentional cliffie!!!!

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I try to make as less noise as possible as I crawl across the soaking wet roof to the trapdoor. I look down, it lowers onto a small deck. All the lights are off so no one will see me, unless they decide to come up.

I make sure my lightsaber is easily accesible and lowered myself down. I walk across the catwalk, trying to to betray my pressence.

"We have to do it now!"

the voices catches my attention, I follow the source to a small room. There are five beings in the room, all humans.

"Jev we can't!" said one of them. "the Jedi wil be upon us if we kill him."

"The Jedi already believe he is dead!" yelled Jev. "Otherwise they would have sent more after that team, I have discovered that the apprentice was wounded gravley during their last mission. He cannot come here."

I grit my teeth in anger, they still have Qui-Gon alive and will kill him unless I do something and fast. I back away from the room and begin to double back, keeping as low as my legs will allow.

There aren't many room on this top floor, I see a small stairwell to next floor. I head towards that and take the stairs to the bottom floor.

There is no one down here, I come out of hiding and walk quietly along the vast space lined by cells at random intervels. I peek in the windows of each one as I walk by, serching for Qui-Gon.

I stop dead at the twelfth door

22. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Yay, did he find Qui-Gon? ?[face_plain]

Hope so.

Good post, Arwen. :)

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great posts wingmate, need more soon

24. PadawanKitara