main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Without a Trace(JA Drama/angst) COMPLETED Oct3/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    What did he see?! :eek:

2. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this? Or maybe I just have a bad feeling about everything. I think that's the fault of school. Anyway great posts Arwen!

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Suzeran: maybe

Falcon: thanks

Kitara: maybe or maybe not

Jenny: *joins in with the cheering*

Jovieve: you shall soon see

Huntress: Well both, school interprets into the bad feeling but Obi isn't home free yet
    ------------------------
    I took a look at the door, there was a small window in the top of the door. But eyes fell on a small opening on the right side of the door, it was a small tray where you would put someone's mail. It didn't open to the inside of the cell, so the only way you can get to it is from the inside.

Nestled inside is a lightsaber. I pull it out and don't bother activating it, I've seen Qui-Gon's saber enough to know his from a mile away.

I stand on my toes and take a look inside the small window, my heart seems to squeeze into nothing

Qui-Gon is lying on his side, his head layong on one of his arms. There are blood stains on his tunic and he's shivering in his sleep.

Without a moment's hesitation, I ignite Qui-Gon's saber and dig the emerald blade into the door. It takes more effort than it usually does, I'm weakening fast. I force myself to do this, I can pass out all I want when I get back to the Temple.

The section of the door comes loose and I use the Force to silence the sound of it crashing agaist the floor. As soon as it was away, I leapt through the hole and rushed to Qui-Gon's side.

He did not stir as I pulled him into my arms. "Master," I say softly as I try to keep him warm by holding his closer. "Wake up, it's me."

My Master moans quietly, then whispers my name. His eyes slowly open and latch on to me, those midnight eyes stared at me in surprise.

"Padawan?" he mumbled. He reaches out and touches my cheek. "Padawan? what are you doing here?" he whispered. "You said you'd stay in bed."

I rubbed my eyes quickly. "forgive me I lied. I didn't think that two months was the average solo mission duration"

He closed his eyes. "Two months" he moaned.

I sat him up and started to pull him to his feet. "I gotta get you out of here." I said. He tried to help me up as best as I could, I know he saw how my legs shook as I stand up.

Before he or I can say anything. I hear footsteps, I lower Qui-Gon to the floor again and pull up the slab of door and use it as a baracade.

"Obi-wan don;t" he whispered, failing in a command voice.

"Trust me Qui-Gon"

I ignited my saber and Qui-Gpn's as I step out

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    go Obi Wan

Great post wingmate, more soon?

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Good job Obi-Wan!!

6. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    **pant pant**
    [clutches side of my monitor]

Will they make it? :eek: Qui-Gon hurting and Obi-Wan barely mobile?

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Your guess is as good as mine if they make it or not.
    ------------------
    The minute I step out of the cell, I am bombarded with blaster bolts. I deflect them easily with my saber, it's blue beam swinging in arcs as I let no stray beam enter Qui-Gon's cell.

I take out Qui-Gon's saber, igniting it's emerald blade. I fought with two blades as the five shot at me with their blasters.

I feel my legs start to cave, I'm not gonna stay up for long. I strech out as I sense something in the Force, familer pressences.

My moment of distraction causes me to leave myself vunerable to an attack. The blaster bolt grazes my side, pain shoots up my body and my legs finaly give out.

The last thing I see is: Arwen and Jess walking in

The last thing I hear is Qui-Gon moaning

8. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    :_| :_|

Obi! Qui!

Not good. :(

Good post.

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Poor Obi I hope he'll be ok. need more soon great post BTW

10. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
  11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Good job ( this time sarcastic)

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    I expect about one more post after this one before it ends...so there is your warning.
    ------------------
    I moan quietly, bloody hell what mess am I in now. I open my eyes to see Den staring at me, his faces inches away from mine.

"WHOA!" i yell as I sit up and nearly bang my head on his forehead, pain shoot up my side and I grab while muttering to myself.

My friend shakes his head at me. "Never fails does it Obi? No matter what you always come back here. You must like this place."

Actually I don't, if I could somehow get a restraining order on this place...wait then I'd die anyway.

Suddenly, I remember what happened. "Where's Qui-Gon?" I ask with concern.

Den jerked his head. "Next room sleeping off his wounds, the Council has a very large bone to pick with you. You've broken three rules that can technically get you thrown out within the next two seconds."

I roll my eyes, Den knows just as well as I do that as long as Qui-Gon is in the building and getting better, it was all worth it.

Arwen Jade Dumais and Jess Valin choses that moment to walk in. Jade smiles at me. "back again i see?"

"Yep. Thanks for dropping by on Ord Mantell"

Jade smiled. "That lowlife you brought called for help as soon as you left. HIs cowerdice saved you."

Jess looks at me a bit more severely. "The Council knows that you are conscious AND MOBILE. They want you now."

I am so dead. "If Qui-Gon wakes up, tell him I'll be by soon."

Den looks at me. "He won't be awake for a few more days at least."

Damn. I get out of bed and start walking towards the council chambers.

This is going to be ugly
    -----------------
    "Going against medical advice, stealing a Jedi transport and using your Master's datacard. " listed Mace Windu. "Your offensices are very severe Padawan Kenobi"

I stare each Master in the eyes, I want them to know my disgust that they forgot about my Master and presummed him dead. "Masters" I say formally. "You all gave up on him, you did nothing to find him. You relied on intelligence that some one else had given you. "

Adi Gallia looked at me. "Obi-Wan, you--"

"you screwed up, just admit it!"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi out of line you are!" yells Yoda.

"I DON'T CARE!" I snap back, i can see the shock on their faces. But it's true, I may have dug myself a hole but Qui-Gon is safe and that's all that matters to me.

"Masters, Qui-Gon is the only father I have ever known. If you expected me to just lay down in my bed and accept that he was gone, when I felt NOTHING. You must think that I'm very stupid."

There was silencec and I continued. "If you expell me, go right on ahead. If you need to punish me for following my heart, feelings and the Force. If you think I'm so wrong I welcome it."

The Council members looked at each other. "reach a decision in a few days we will." says Yoda. "Inform you we will"

I bow and leave, ready to take my vigil at Qui-Gon's side.

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome post Arwen need more soon. Qui Gon better get better so he can defend Obi Wan.

14. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    Here's a fine example of Obi-Wan's headstrong-ness.

:D

15. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    You tell 'em, Obi. :D

Goodie post.

16. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Wow, I've missed so much of this fic. Anyway, absolutely awesome posts, Arwen!

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Well Obi-Wan, you certainly know how to get on the council's good side

18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  19. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Falcon: Yep, he'd better or we might see some explusions

Jovieve: :D

Suzuran: *cheers Obi on* let's go Obi!!

wannabe: [face_blush] thanks

Kitara: Only Obi, only Obi

Jenny: AHH the faces!!!! ;)
    ---------------------
    Five days later

I can't help but be slightly amused at the irony of this situation, usually I'm the ones passed out and Qui-Gon is the one watching over me.

But that doesn't make me any less worried.

The Council has not informed me of their descision yet, I'm expecting the worst after my episode a few days ago. But, Qui-Gon's worth anything they throw at me.

I grasp my Master's hand in my own and bring it to my cheek, his hand feels warm. The feeling assures me that he is alive.

I've had a few conversations with him, one sided of course. I'm shocked at the things I've told him, I'm not even sure he's heard me but I feel as if he can. It helps a lot.

"Master," I start to say again. "Have I ever told you that your worth the universe to me?" I shock myself at my own boldness. I would NEVER say this to him if he was conscious.

"You're worth every single wound or sickness I've ever encountered. I'd gladly go through all of them at once to help you in anyway possible."

I squeeze his hand. "I love you and I want you to wake up, please wake up for me."

I lower my head onto the side of the bed, resting my face on our clenched hands, and stard to cry.

I have no idea how long I sit here, weeping like a lost child. It's unbecoming of a Jedi Padawan.

"Please..." I whisper softly. "Don't leave me."
    ---------------------
    Moments later, I'm sitting by the window watching another sun set on Coruscant. Every time I've seen one I wonder if it's my last one at the Temple.

I turn my head to check on Qui-Gon, no improvement. I sigh and wipe the tear tracks off my cheeks.

I hear footsteps coming, I turn my head to see Jess Valin and Mace Windu walk into the room. I stand up and bow to the Couciler and the Jedi Master.

"Have you reached a decision?" I ask.

Mace nods. "we have, but Master Valin would like to tell you something."

Jess steps foreward, she looks almost sorry. That sets of warning alarms, this can't be good news.

"Obi-Wan," she says slowly. "On behalf of Arwen and myself, we want to say that we're sorry for giving up on Qui-Gon so easily. For not believing you when you told us that he was alive."

I nod slowly. "There is nothing to forgive, you had reason to believe that he was gone. That is not your fault, but if you insist on forgiveness I give it to you."

Jess gives me a smile and steps back beside Mace, who steps foreward. I brace myself for a formal order to leave the Jedi Temple forever.

"It is the decision of the Jedi Council that you, Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, remain at the Jedi Temple to continue his studies under the tutilege of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, pending his medical status."

I let out a big sigh of relief and smile came across my face. "Thank you very much."

Mace Windu nods at me and leaves with Jess Valin.

I turn back and take my chair back to Qui-Gon's bed, this is the only thing on my priority list.
    ----------------------
    Later that night

I've been up for hours, just staring at the ceiling or at Qui-Gon.

I'm not sure how much longer I can go without sleep, it's starting to take a toll on me.

But as usual I could care less. I stand up and walk around the small room, I've managed to get my legs back up to full strength again and I hope that I can keep it that way.

At least I am allowed to stay here, I'm so thankful that the Council didn't kick me out after all the stuff I've done.

I throw myself back in my chair and rest my head on Qui-Gon's chest. Sending everything I've felt for him over the past months he's been gone.

Then a hand comes on my head. "You mean the universe to me as well Padawan."

I shoot my head up and grab the hand off my head. Qui-Gon smiles weakly at me, and wraps his arm around me pulling me into an embrace.

"T

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    :( that was so sad and a a great ending

21. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    *takes tissue*
    :_| :_| :_|

That was so sweet!!!

Great ending, Arwen. :(

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    takes a tissue***
    sniff- what a sweet mushy ending :)

23. Jovieve

May 19, 2002
    {wipes eyes}

**sigh**

I love a mushy ending.

Great tale, AJKenobi.

24. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Awww! That was so sweet! Wonderfully done, Arwen!

25. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    *grabbs a handful of tissues and keeps on bawling*
    THat was PERFECT!!!!!
    *sob*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.