main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Without Honor, There is Nothing ? Updated July 16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Booster-1986, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Ah, okay, I understand. I'll be patient. :)

2. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Good news: I'm not dead! :D I just started that new job I told you about, that's all, and it's forced me to find new and creative ways to fit in my reviews. Let's see how clever I can be, eh?

And Sarah ... what can I say that won't sound gushing? Nothing! Your post was the sort of post that makes up for ALL the lurkers and such. Thanks for restoring my faith in the story.

*blushes* Wow, thank you! I actually feel taller now. ;) Though seriously, you have the hard job. I always looked on giving feedback as only fair; I mean, I get my enjoyment off of your hard work ? if I don't tell you how much I liked it, where's your enjoyment in all this? 'Nough philosophizing. It doesn't come out right when I try to do it. :p

More fun with Borsk, Mimaw and Moranda! I had a good time enjoying the mental image of Borsk doing his imitations there; another one to you on developing the formerly-despised bothan's character. I must ask: are you sure you aren't an undercover intelligence agent who finds his only relief from the constant secrecy in writing highly accurate fan fiction about his own work? I cannot for the life of me think how you write all this without any seeming effort otherwise. Hm. Oh wait? did I just blow your cover?

Mimaw's incessant questions were amusing in an unexpected way; an almost ? dare I say 'human'? ? foible for her. And I couldn't help but laugh over the little quarrel about the earjack! For an instant Borsk looked like a young child who had just been told to share a precious toy and Mimaw looked like a child whose joy at opening a Lifeday present is crushed when it turned out to be underwear. [face_laugh] Oh my gosh, that was too funny! Grown bothans. *shakes head* Mimaw's reference to Moranda and Borsk as 'children' was interesting, to say the least, when you consider how old Moranda is? Bothans must have very long lifespans or something. :p

Gosh, I seem to be doing a lot of laughing in these chapters? The agony over Navett's disposal of grammar was great. :D It was an interesting point too about his real personality and intelligence not matching his projected image; he pulled the same trick when he was disguised as a pet store owner. I liked your use of the Lightbringer Celebrations and the way you contrasted the various characters' reactions to it. The culture you have developed throughout this fic is very impressive!

And Navett leapt for the comlink bait, like a good boy. Moranda may not have left the comlink solely to taunt him, but he can bet she's cracking up now! ;)

Well, not very long, but there it is. I would love to see some more on this soon! Particularly if it has to do with Karrde and Shada, who I am rather curious about just now.

Hope your work is going well, and hope DRL releases you to build the necessary bridge to your prewritten stuff. :)

Sarah >^,,^<

3. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Up! Where're you at, Booster?

Sarah >^,,^<

4. Booster-1986

Booster-1986 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2001
    Hi Sarah (and others):

Where am I? That's a good question. I have taken a hiatus from SW because I was burned out from the NJO. That may not make sense, but what had happened was that I was overcome with a profound feeling of ennui and I simply didn't care. OK. Not true --- I did care about the story and the EU that I grew up loving. But the EU that exists now is NOT my EU. And therein lies the rub.

Add to the mix a new focus --- back to teaching at the local university and other consulting contracts --- and I just didn't have the time nor the motivation to work on the story. Now and then I'd chat with Dew and discuss my predicament and the plot bunnies still floating around in my head. But I couldn't work up the enthusiasm needed to get back to work on the story.

Well, not to raise a false alarm, but I am feeling more inclined these days and I hopeful that come mid-January, we will be able to get back to this story. No promises, but lots of hope.

And if I don't have a chance to say it later, best wishes for the holiday season to all.

5. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Good to hear that the spark hasn't died just yet, Booster. :D

Take all the time you need; we'll still be around, waiting patiently for the next installment.

6. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    I understand Booster. Take all the time you need. I'll wait.

7. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    NJO would kill the most avid bunny, not to mention avid fan. :p

Here's to January: may your interest be rekindled! And until then, a most Merry Christmas to you! :)

Sarah >^,,^<

8. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    <PUNT>

Gettin' yousa uppa dere :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.