main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Without them, we have nothing. . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by bwing53, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Happy Memorial Day, Everybody!

I know this is off-topic, but I would just like to ask all of us to take a little time Monday to remember the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice in preserving our freedom, and the ones who continue to serve our country today. Without them, we might not have the privelege of living in a country that allows us the freedoms that we hold so dear (and that many take for granted). I think we can look past the great escape of fiction that is the Star Wars Universe for just a short span of time and realize how lucky we are to have had these men and women give what they did. We owe them a lot!

Remember the real heroes today!

God Bless the USA, and may the force be with us always!

Jason

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Amen to that, bwing. I think I could have enjoyed Memorial Day a bit more with out the marching bands waking me up at 8, but I digress. THANK YOU TO ALL VETS AND SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN.

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Thanks Bwing for putting things in perspective on this national holiday. \
    And Solo, the bands are part of the fun. Get with the patriotic spirit. You should have been out there cheering on those in the parade.

4. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Thank you for the reminder, bwing. It is a day to remember those who have given so much for our freedom, and thanks to your post(which I read right b4 I got booted off system)I was reminded and thankful.

5. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    >>And Solo, the bands are part of the fun. Get with the patriotic spirit. You should have been out there cheering on those in the parade.

I would have been! Except for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't know about it. Second, I had insomnia and didn't get to sleep until 5am. I love parades...just not when they wake me up! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.