main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Without You, I'm Nothing: J/J post-Swarm War, Completed, 9/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawanlost, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Nice update! I totally understand where Mara is coming from and might just join her! But perhaps it will be Leia who saves the day?

Well done! =D=

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh so sad, so very sad.

I hope that Jaina will wake up and go after Mara before Ben might lose both his parents.

Amazing update as always and thanks for the pm, I?m really, really looking forward to read more.

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    A very emotion packed and interesting chapter. Nicely done=D=

4. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Good job, padawanlost. =D= That was worth the wait. Excellent job conveying poor Mara's emotions . . . I feel so bad for her. :_|

But maybe her feelings will come in use . . . maybe she will save Jacen . . . in little zip-loc bags like you said. :p

Hope Jaina can come and save the day . . .

Keep up the good work. [:D]

5. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter!

Love this!

1000th post for me

6. Super_Jemi

Super_Jemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    Here I was all worried you'd update while I was gone and you didn't..

Mara Jade Skywalker feared only one thing, and that fear had come to pass. Luke Skywalker was gone, and so were all of Mara?s inhibitions. She?d already lost everything, so her decision had been quick and decisive. She hadn?t asked for permission, or told anyone what she was doing. It wouldn?t matter.

She was going to kill Jacen Solo.

I really shouldn't be rooting for her right now.

?I?m not talking about him being as stubborn as I am; I just want him to be sure he still loves her. I realize she saved your life, again,? the Baron added reluctantly, ?and Wyn seems to be going on and on about being Ms. Solo?s apprentice?

[face_laugh]

He really has no clue what do does he? Poo Soontir. Now two of his kids are getting thrwon in the galaxy's longest running family fued...

?They don?t tell everyone they meet that their child has a special destiny.?

?That?s because from Jedi it?s never a good thing to hear
    ,?

...He's right.

I love Tahiri, I reall truly do. She's still an honorary Solo, I think.

?You?ve never seen anything like it, except?? Jag added. He wasn?t taking any chances with Jaina anymore. He?d paid too high a price doing that already.

?Except from Anakin. On the worldship, right before he died.?

That's never comforting, especially given the circumstances.

Images of Chiss clashing with humans and other Galactic Alliance soldiers flashed in his mind. Star Destroyers raining turbolaser fire on crumbling buildings, and millions screaming in terror. Then two, three, and four at a time, as he saw Jedi swing blades of blue and green against the crimson blade in his own hands, over and over until almost everything he could see was blackness. Defiant, even to the end of the universe, the Sword of the Jedi waited for him, shattering the darkness with one blow.

I'm never going to sleep now, just so you know. That's so fantastic! I mean, it'll probably suck when everything comes right down to it, but I know you won't disappoint us! Maybe I'll start working on my own when I'm done reading...

The Eternal War had started, and he had lost his lover, his mentor, his family, and his precious daughter, only to be foiled by Jedi. And not just any Jedi: his sister.

That has got to make for a bad day...

?I will wage our war on the Jedi, Masters, until the Sword has no one left to protect. That will destroy her before my blade ever pierces her heart.?

Um...[face_worried]

Looking back, maybe a more thoroughly trained Jedi would have known that the fears she had were a premonition.

You would think that some one would have caught that.

?People can disappear in the Force and not be dead, right??

I'm guessing Mara personally.

Ben looked up at her, worried and frightened, holding tight to the hem of her robe. No words of comfort could ease the betrayal they both felt. All she could do was hold him, and hope that there was some of her Jacen inside the monster that called itself Darth Serpentus.

:_|

7. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :_| Why did Jacen have to go all evil? :_|

I feel really awful for Mara right now [face_worried] it's not going to be pretty when she gets her hands on Jacen. I do hope that she will realize her limits... and be sure to stay present for Ben if nothing else... but she may not have it in her right now.

I'm so glad that Ben and Allana are with Han and Leia now... even though everything isn't all right with them, at least they can all have a little love surrounding them.

And Jaina and Jag are going to get married :D I loved the Fel family conversation, and Tahiri's talk with Jag!

Great job!

jcs

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    While ridding the galaxy of a sith isn't a bad thing, I worry that Mara's intentions are tainted too heavily with emotions. Not that the loss of hr husband isn't reason to be hurting... bad. :( :(

?They don?t tell everyone they meet that their child has a special destiny.?

?That?s because from Jedi it?s never a good thing to hear,? the Baron retorted gruffly.

Isn't that the truth! [face_worried]

The thought of someone trying to kill Jacen for killing Luke was too troubling to comprehend.

Troubling doesn't even cover it.

Awesome post!!!

9. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    An excellent post, padawanlost. Truly excellent.

She told herself it wasn?t revenge. She kept telling herself it wasn?t, but it was. Her thoughts took her places that a Jedi?s thoughts shouldn?t go, so she had stopped listening to the Force. It wouldn?t save her, but it would keep her from doing more than she needed to. As much as she loved her son, all the beautiful moments she might miss in his life were not enough to keep her from the path she had begun. The only one who had ever been able to save her was gone. The man who had taken his life had done so in the most cowardly act of betrayal she could imagine. It was an act worthy of his new allegiance.

:_| You grabbed the essence of Mara, a combination of her life before and after Luke, and the blinding grief of loss all wrapped into an amazing segment. I could truly see her not listening to the Force because the pain she feels is so deep - and understandable, since Luke is the only one who has ever truly, truly understood and known her, not that I agree with the choices she's making - that she has to so something. It's so sad that Ben isn't enough to keep her from this, yet again, it fits her.

Mara Jade Skywalker feared only one thing, and that fear had come to pass. Luke Skywalker was gone, and so were all of Mara?s inhibitions. She?d already lost everything, so her decision had been quick and decisive. She hadn?t asked for permission, or told anyone what she was doing. It wouldn?t matter.

She was going to kill Jacen Solo.

So true, that Luke was her inhibition. Not that if she had lost him some other way she would have fallen like this, but due to the way it happened.....*sigh* It's one of those times it fits so perfectly with the character that you're excited yet it's so painful what they're doing. Excellent, excellent stuff here, padawanlost. You definitely caught the essence of Mara.

?Except from Anakin. On the worldship, right before he died.?

Woah! :eek: I hadn't connected that at all until Tahiri said it. What a way to freak Jag out! I find it most interesting that Jaina is exhibiting this after Jacen's comments about killing Anakin and how it has always come down to the two of them. Jaina's gained so much power to control it like that...

Jag found himself speechless in the face of Tahiri?s words, sensing a need to comfort her once more for her loss. At the same time, he was subconsciously checking the monitors to make sure Jaina was still stable. Her hand twitched slightly, as if part of her was trying to show him she was going to be okay, but her eyes remained closed.

Awww....*sniffle* cute mush! [face_love]

Serpentus nodded to both masters. This had been his destiny from birth. He could see it as he looked back. He?d always used the Force differently than others. He?d always wanted different things from it, answers to questions that Jedi didn?t ask, and powers that Jedi didn?t need. There had always been another way for Jacen Solo. For the first time in his life, he felt true to himself: a Sith.

Again, just wonderful, amazing insights and tie-ins to character here, even though it's stuff that makes me really sad.... :( You pulled out things that make it easier to see how he headed this way which he now uses as justification of his actions.

That was when she started to cry again. It was because of her son that her brother was gone; that Ben was going to grow up without his father just like Luke had......

Ben looked up at her, worried and frightened, holding tight to the hem of her robe. No words of comfort could ease the betrayal they both felt. All she could do was hold him, and hope that there was some of her Jacen inside the monster that called itself Darth Serpentus.

Yikes. So much for Leia to deal with...having to absorb all that's happened and yet keep up morale without making unrealistic promises for her nephew and granddaughter. Not to mention not just having the pain of losing Luke or Jacen to the Dark Side,

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was absolutely heartbreaking. I almots cried for Mara, Leia, and Ben. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a parent. And it looks like things are going to get worse before the get better :(

But a very well-written, emotionally packed chapter. Exellent job [:D]

~Nat

11. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Mara, NO! You can?t just discount your son!! Coming from a single-mom household, I can say that every single-mom I?ve ever talked to has said, without a doubt, that as much as they are sad and incomplete without their other half, the love of their lives in most cases, their CHILDREN are what allow them to go on. I know Mara?s in shock now, not thinking, just reacting. But I really hope she sees Ben, and with that, remembers all that Luke Skywalker stood for, all he fought for, all she has worked for for what, 30 years? Because turning and killing in revenge at this point only makes everything Luke did meaningless. If Mara can?t survive without Luke, than he wasn?t her partner, he was her sanity ? and that?s not healthy, it?s sad.

Mara is stronger than that. She?ll pull out. She has to. This is far too selfish of a move for her to follow-through.

Jaina better finish her resting and move her bupkis in gear, or she?s not going to have a family to save. I loved that Jag?s parents have come around to the idea so quickly. It?s just awesome. And Wyn and the Jedi? It just gets better and better. I love the connection between Jaina?s new power and Anakin?s demise. That has always intrigued me. Great connection!

Jacen? Let?s just not even go there. The rational mind has left the body. He?s delusional and deranged. I?m disgusted.

However, Leia, Allana and Ben was so bittersweet I had to fight tears! :( [face] It just encompassed all the feelings I would expect someone to feel in that sort of situation. Too terrible for words, really.

As much as she wanted to distance herself from the monster that had killed her brother, that monster was her son. The Dark Side wasn?t going to take him from her, even if it had made him a murderer.

:_|

Wonderful/terrible as always! =D=

12. Jessoass

Jessoass Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Great update, I feel so bad for Leia and oh please don't kill Mara I really like her.

PS. Thanks for the PM

13. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments:

JainaJag14:

Did you miss me? Sorry I've been gone for so long but I have been faithfully following even when I couldn't post replies.

Welcome back. I'm glad you kept up.

Jacen is so seriously messed up it's not even funny. But yet, it reminds me of Anakin. Kinda scary. I don't envy those who get in his way.

Not what everyone figured he'd do with his life. Hopefully everyone can avoid him until the time is right.

Things will be better for Ben and Allana soon. They're safe for now. I don't think Jacen has the nerve right now to attack Ossus. Of course, like you said, he's pretty messed up.

Thanks [:D]

Jade_Pilot:

I totally understand where Mara is coming from and might just join her! But perhaps it will be Leia who saves the day?

No one wants to see Mara go up against Jacen, it's a lose/lose situation for the family, especially right now. I'm confident someone's going to save her. [face_whistling]

:) love applause!

Star_Angel:

I hope that Jaina will wake up and go after Mara before Ben might lose both his parents.

When Mara gets to Korriban she may be more disappointed than endangered. Still, Jaina and Leia need to give her a good pep talk about now, and remind her how much her son needs her.

Thank you :)

PRINCESSCAMBRIA:

emotion packed and interesting chapter

Thanks, mission accomplished. :cool:

rebel_cheese:

Excellent job conveying poor Mara's emotions . . . I feel so bad for her.

Thank you. I think we all do. It also makes it so amazing how well Ben is taking it compared to his mother, but I think Ben was expecting Jacen to do something bad.

Hope Jaina can come and save the day . .

Hey, she has Anakin's vote of confidence, and that's enough for me :D

Thanks Cheese

G__Anakin

1000th post for me

Thanks for making so many of those in my stories. Congratulations!

Super_Jemi :

I really shouldn't be rooting for her right now.

We all are, but if Anakin's right we know it woulldn't end well for her, so I'll hope she doesn't find him. I've always like her more than that.

He really has no clue what do does he? Poor Soontir. Now two of his kids are getting thrown in the galaxy's longest running family feud..

Well, as long as he doesn't have to spend time with Han, I think he'll be okay. Of course maybe his new life will help him put the past behind him, even with Han Solo.

I love Tahiri, I reall truly do. She's still an honorary Solo, I think.

She a fav of mine too. I feel so bad for her. They made her Anakin's soulmate, and then killed him, and left her to her pain. I wonder if they intended to kill her, and didn't? Now she seems so unlikely to ever be with anyone else, that she should definitely be an honorary Solo- she certainly has been faithful to her love for him- more than many people with living spouses are.

That's never comforting, especially given the circumstances.

I think Jag has a talent for getting more information than he needs sometimes, especially with all the Jedi stuff. It happens to Han a lot too :D

I'm never going to sleep now, just so you know. That's so fantastic! I mean, it'll probably suck when everything comes right down to it, but I know you won't disappoint us! Maybe I'll start working on my own when I'm done reading...

I do hope you're getting sleep [face_laugh] I will do my best. I know that when they finally meet it will take a lot out of them. They're going to have a lot riding on that fight. If you do start something, PM me.

?I will wage our war on the Jedi, Masters, until the Sword has no one left to protect. That will destroy her before my blade ever pierces her heart.?

Um...
    [face_worried]

I think this would be a good instance of Jacen selling Jaina's resolve short. And that's not good policy when dealing w

14. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    You're back! Great chapter. My favorite part was when Leia was holding Allana.

15. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Thank you very much for the PM :)
    I haven't time to read it before, but now I have the time.

The first part with Mara was shocking in some way, I would expect she went first after her son and second after revenge for the death of his husband. But it also fits her to do it this way. It was only not expecting this.
    You write her very well, I caught her emotions, she reminds me a lot of herself, when Luke first meet her.

The part with the Fel family was really interesting, I like the way you write them. They are very symphatic, ands Syal is great. :) I also like the way you described Tahiri. I always wasn't so amused, that she seemed not to care about Anakin anymore in DN. So I'm glad, she cares about him in here, but not so much it would be too much. It was a interesting talk between Jag and Tahiri. I'm only wondering if Jag want to marry her immediately or only later, when there is a little more peace ;)

And the last part was also great, all the grieve and Leias thoughts were so well described. It's really a conflict to be the mother of this monster Jacen has become. You described it very well and also Ben, who seems to try to comfort her. He must be strong in the future and I hope he will.[face_worried]

It was a great chapter =D= Really good work. I'm waiting for the next one, now :D

16. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    comments:

jasa:

I'm hoping to see more of Leia and Allana. It's a good mothering opportunity for Leia since her own children spent so much time away from her in infancy.

Cem_Fel:

I'm glad I caught you off guard with Mara. I think a few other people were surprised by her too. Next post promises more Mara surprises too. Someone's not thrilled by her change in priorities.

I'm glad you liked the Fel's, cause they'll be around a lot now. Tahiri has grown up since Anakin died. I think she'll always be in love with him, but she also has come to terms with the fact he won't be coming back (at least in this story- kudos to anyone who brings him back though; I do miss him.).

As for wedding plans, we know how crazy the galaxy can get. And I promise it's about to get crazy.:D

Your faith in Ben is well placed. He's going to be a big help to the Solo's.

Thanks you two. I hope to have Chapter 31 up tonight or tomorrow. [:D]

17. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    OMG, I loved that! That was awesome!
    I love how Tahiri seems to be okay in this fic.
    In all the other fics, she's always ... insecure w/o Anakin.
    In this one, she seems as if she'll be okay. :)

C @};- S

18. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Thanks Courtney. I'm a big fan of a sane Tahiri. You'll be seeing more of her in the future :)

Chapter 31

The meditation chamber for masters was directly across from the offices that each council member maintained, one level above the council chamber. It had a semicircular room, with a broad viewport that overlooked the temple and academy grounds; he preferred it to the meditation garden. Far in the distance, the sun was setting, but Kyp Durron wasn?t watching it. Cross-legged on one of the small mats scattered around the room, his eyes were half-closed, and his mind was deep inside the splendor of the Living Force. Kyp felt the wind blowing through the trees past the smashball court, and the wings of varied insects buzzed in his ears as they busied themselves through the blossoms of the garden. To feel the life around them, any Jedi should have felt revitalized, and attuned to their surroundings. Tonight, it wasn't working.

Opening his eyes to stare into the descending orb of the Ossan sun, he could feel the hole in the Force, the hole left by his Master?s death. Luke Skywalker had saved his life, after Cardia and many times over throughout Kyp?s time as a Jedi. Even at the height of their estrangement at the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Kyp had felt a camaraderie and respect for the man. In the last six years of working closely with him to help rebuild the galaxy, the respect had grown once more into admiration, like a young padawan and master once more.

As troubling as the loss of Master Skywalker was, it was the trouble in the future of the Jedi that kept Kyp?s thoughts fractured. Luke?s leadership had been his greatest, if reluctant, gift to the Order. When Luke had disappeared during the Dark Nest Crisis, the masters had splintered the order, and the Jedi had lost both influence and respect in the eyes of the Galactic Alliance. Luke?s reorganization following his return had created the structure and hierarchy to allow the order to function in his absence. In Kyp?s mind it was like expecting arms to swing a lightsaber without a brain to guide them.

It was hard to admit, but he had liked the order that Master Skywalker had imposed. Rank and respect were hardly the most important things to a lifelong maverick as Kyp, but it did give everyone a chance. What place would the Jedi have in the Alliance now? Without their leader, would everyone continue to follow the directives of a very divided council?

Any answers Kyp could have come up with escaped his mind as the door chimed, and a familiar, if not favored, presence met with his.

?Hello, Corran. I didn?t think you?d be back from Coruscant so soon.?

?Kyp,? the cautious Master began, ?the Council has to meet. We?re all back. We have to determine what has killed Master Skywalker.?

?It was something of the Dark Side, I?m sure we all felt that,? Kyp answered, turning from the sunset to the Corellian Jedi?s gaze. ?And we all felt the anguish from his family.?

Corran nodded, grimacing as he recalled Ben's cry rippling through the Force just after Luke's death. He thought of Jysella and Valin, and all the crazy things he?d done as a Jedi, reminding himself to be even more cautious, for their sakes. ?We know that Luke and Mara separated before leaving Hapes. Isolder told us that much. Have we heard from Mara yet??

?No,? Kyp replied. ?And nothing from the Solos. Of course, they?re probably in Chiss space.? Kyp smiled tightly, recalling Corran?s stance at Jaina?s hearing.

Corran ignored the barb. ?So Master Skywalker reported getting a message from Ben and Jacen, and eight hours later we all feel him die. If Jacen really attacked Tenel Ka, could he have been the one??

?It?s a possibility,? Kyp admitted, quietly hoping that it wasn?t. The Solos had been through so much. For Jacen to go to the Dark Side might be worse than losing him to death. And if he had killed his uncle . . .

Suddenly the comm unit in the wall activated. ?Master Durron? Master Horn??

?Yes?? they replied in unison.

?Millenn

19. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
  20. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Me like updates.:)

:_| Mara :_| She really is torn. I hope that she takes Luke's advice and not go after Jacen. I don't want her to die too. Ben has suffered too much to lose his mother too.

It's was funny how Jag didn't really get the whole Force prophecy thing. And Wyn really does have perfect timing.;)

Great update and thanks for the PM.[:D]

21. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Ah, revelations.
    SO glad that Mara finally found her heart. GO LUKE!!

Meeting the parents was awesome.
    Wyn cracks me up - completely.

And the last line was perfect - perfect Soontir, perfect response, perfect Jaina.

Well done![:D]

Voz

22. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    ?So, Ms. Solo, you plan to take both of our children away, no sooner than you?ve brought them safely back to us?? The Baron?s words were laced with a sarcastic humor that reminded Jaina of her father.

?Sir, I promise you can have Wyn back.?

Okay, that made me laugh [face_laugh].

Oh, this was an amazing update=D=, but I feel sorry for Mara:(, but I?m glad that Luke came and talked to her, now I?m just curies to see what she will do now.

Thanks for the pm[:D] and I can hardly wait until I get to read more.

23. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    poor Mara, but it was good that Luke was able to talk to her. I can't wait until Jaina confronts Jacen.

24. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Oh boy, lots of good stuff in this chapter.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Kyp and Corran. This will make for intriguing times ahead...who will lead the Jedi? or will they split like in DN?

?Luke, I?m going to kill him.?

?You used to say the same thing about me, remember??

The conversation between Mara and Luke is so bittersweet. I sure hope Mara listens to her farmboy, but that would be too easy. hum...

?Jacen is the one that killed my uncle.? The shock in her statement barely dissipated before she continued. ?It was our destiny to bring balance to the Force, because our grandfather didn?t. Now that he?s become a Sith Lord, I?m the only one who can stop him and fulfill the prophecy of the Chosen One.?

That's Jaina's destiny in a nut shell. Jag needs to get that and support her.

?So, when?s the wedding?? Wyn asked.

?Wyn!? Jag began. Jaina squeezed his hand, easing the flare of his temper, and responded for them.

?When do you think we could have discussed that, Wyn??

Again, Wyn adds comic relief.

Great update=D=

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hadn't even thought of the hole Luke's passing would leave in the Jedi Order. Time to see how they do without him I guess.

Awww, how sweet that Luke came to Mara and explained things.

?Vengeance won?t bring me back, Mara. I?ll always be with you. You can feel that. There?s no death??

??There is the Force.?

?And our love.?
    [face_love] [face_love]

Poor Jaina, I actually feel sorry for her having such a destiny. Really enjoyed the dialog between the Fels and Jaina. Like others, loved that last lne. :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.