main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Without You, I'm Nothing: J/J post-Swarm War, Completed, 9/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawanlost, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    *delurks* I've been following this story since the beginning, and I have to say, it's been fantastic!!!!! Please PM me when you post the next instalment!!!!
    DL Purple Pencil

2. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I've finally gotten the chance to catch up with my reading... and I had to read this one because I saw the header saying 'completed'. A large part of me was sitting there thinking-- wait it can't be over, there are too many loose ends to tie up.

I guess the point of that ramble was to say-- Yay! There's going to be lots more! :D

I love the way you ended it, with Jaina and Jag getting married. They both needed something positive and lasting in their lives-- you pulled it off beautifully.

And I can't wait to read the sequel, could I get a PM when you start posting too?

Amazing job with this padawanlost =D= you should be very proud of yourself

jcs

3. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Whew! I was SO relieved to hear this is a trilogy!! I got to the end and couldn't believe we were done!

YAY FOR MORE!![face_dancing]

Fantastic ending. While I have to say that I'm also sorry that Han and Leia couldn't be there, I know it time they'll understand. And she's right. She needed something to count on in the tempest that approaches - something consistent and true. She was right to pick Jag!! One question: I saw no mention of rings. Being as her "ring" is her lightsaber, are they replacing it or simply going without?

I agree with the several others here who have suggested that Wyn is the "chosen apprentice." I mean, he already said that Allana wasn't it. The only other thought I has was Alema, but I being as this is a post-Dark Nest story, that's not possible unless you also bring her back from the dead. I mean, hey. I've heard they're going to do it in Profic, so why not here???!!

Overall, a wonderful finish to a fantastic story! Do you have an ETA on the next story? Can you PM me when you begin?

Thanks so much for a great ride! [:D]
    Telanna'tani

4. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

First off, I have to say thank you to all of you for encouraging me, and giving excellent feedback. I can't tell you how many times your questions and comments helped me to keep going in interesting directions.

[:D] to my PM's, and the faithful who always took the time to track me down on their own.

NYCitygurl:

My ever patient and helpful beta thank you so much, Master. It has been a wonderful experience. You've helped me in ways you'd never believe. Thanks for the encouragement at every turn, and offering me the courage to go through with Chapter 27.

We have many many pages ahead of us. Thanks :)

G__Anakin:

I'm glad you're excited. Thanks for always being so quick to respond.

Super_Jemi :

Squee! [face_love]

Indeed. I had so much fun writing this chapter. I love when they're together.

Jacen just really wants to "destroy" Jaina, doesn't he? I mean I understand why, just every mention I see of the Jedi, she's not far behind. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

The Sword is becoming the true focus of Jacen's hatred. He knows their destiny just as she does, and that she is the only one that can really stop the Sith. He's become very detached. I'm not sure he's even that concerned with his daughter. We'll see that Jaina is somewhat of a weakness, as he doesn't want to say her name anymore. He's afraid that he isn't strong enough to beat her, so he's going to weaken her as much as he can before he fights her. Very evil.

I didn't even see that coming...man, I must be getting slow in my old age.

It's very hard to surprise a Jedi. He's quick.

At least they're just as quirky as the rest of them..

Of course. We'll learn a lot more about Cem next episode. I've got some good things in mind for him. He's had a very strange childhood.

Wait that's it!?! ...you just gave me a mild heart attack...

Please, no heart attacks. You give really great comments. Seriously, you've been exceptionally helpful throughout the story. I promise it will resume soon. It's just like ANH ending, and then popping ESB in the dvd [:D] Thank you.

JainaJag14 :

What an amazing ending. Leave it to Jag to do something as Corellian as a surprise wedding. Boy am I glad that this isn't over yet. That would have been such a cliffhanger to leave me with.

I'm hoping that the Chiss-less Jag thaws a bit. I think we have good reason to believe he's going to be full of surprises for a long time to come.

I think that I've got 1-5 taken care of. though 4 might have to wait. I need Jacen alive for the third story. :D

Thanks so much. [:D]

rebel_cheese :

Mushy ending, but I don't mind mush. In fact, that's the ending I wanted in TUF right there, basically. I think part of my animonsity towards Luceno comes from that break-up at the end . . .

I'm here to right as many J/J wrongs as I can. The first time I read their breakup I didn't believe it. Then I remembered that TUF was the last book, and I got mad.

Hmm . . . mush, explosions, what else do I want . . . oh yes! Are Jag and Jaina gonna have kids in the sequel?

Hmmmm? Indeed, I'm not sure. I hope they have time to try, but the galaxy's about to get really crazy.

Thanks very much, Cheese. [face_blush]

Healer_Leona:

Love that Jaina and Jag have now finally committed to each other. That Mara is going to return with news of Luke's death, but it needn't be the end of the order.

I thought that they needed to make the leap. Jag knew she might get depressed about her destiny, and he took a chance. I'm thinking he's going to help keep her focused. They're so complementary it's not funny.

Jacen's the only one who wants to put an end to them [face_laugh] I think Kyp and Corran will learn to play nice.

The end??? Noo, it's too soon, there's so much more to do.

Very much left to do. Thanks for

5. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks, Padawanlost, can't wait for the next installment.
    Just to be different:
    I think Tahiri is the apprentice. She is, after all, on of the most emotionally scarred in the bunch.

DL Purple Pencil

6. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Meow! I've been without the internet for a week, but this was worth breaking into the computer science lab for. :D Hooray, sweetness and happiness and warm fuzzy things all over. I'm slightly not coherent, since early classes really don't agree with me, but this made my day a bit happier.

7. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    That was good! Could you add me to the PM list for Ep.II. I'm not usually a J/J shipper, but this story was good! I really don't care who Jaina's with, as long as it isn't Zekk... hehehehe [face_mischief]

The Phoenix Jedi

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    =D= Wonderful ending to a wonderful story! Can't wait for part deux!

9. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    How can I kill my brother?

:_| :_| :_|

Oh, gosh, padawanlost, I cannot EXPRESS how immensely I have enjoyed this 'fic! =D=

You should be very proud of this one. ;)

I'm so sad it's over!

Is there going to be a sequel?
    (Pardon my lack of knowledge, I've been away for a week and I'm ... not smart??? :p )

C @};- S

10. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    comments

darkladypurplepencil:

Well, purple pencil, that's always a possibility... I can think of a particularly disappointed Force-Ghost who might have some words to say about that.;)

Commander-DWH:

wow, [face_blush] no one's ever committed a crime for me. I'm glad it brightened your day. Gotta fix that internet...

Jedi-Roxy:

Thanks, and welcome. You're on. I think the Chiss eliminated Zekk as a possibility in chapter 18 or so. And if you're a Kyp fan, I promise he's going to be much more active in Episode II.

Jade_Pilot:

Wonderful ending to a wonderful story! Can't wait for part deux!

Merci! I'll be sure to let you know when it starts up :)

Courtney_Solo:

[face_blush] Thanks a lot Courtney. Don't be sad, because The Eternal War should be starting up this weekend.

11. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    I don't remember if i asked for a pm or not, but I would like to have them when the next part starts!

12. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *huffs and puffs into the thread slightly late*

You sprang this whole ending/trilogy thing on us pretty suddenly, didn't you? :D ;) As soon as I saw 'Completed' on the title I figured it was a duo or trilogy, considering you've really only opened more cans of worms, so to speak, since the beginning than really closing them (except Jag's actual rescue). I'm looking forward to seeing the next one up whenever that happens.

The Sword of the Jedi would know no peace, but would be blessed for the peace she brought others. After so many years, the words were burned into his memory as much as they were into hers.

Ick, that must really suck for him. The Prophecy hangs over Jag's head as much as hers. Even if he can't do much about it, the fact that he would like to fix it so badly for her if he could puts about the same amount of stress.

He?d known they?d come for him. He?d known she would be the first. He had no doubt that he could have easily killed his aunt, with much less effort than he had killed his uncle, and in the future he would. For now though, her suffering and weakness benefited him more than her death. She would return to Ossus as his messenger. She would tell them that the Sith had returned, and show them the empty robes of Luke Skywalker as proof. It was the beginning of the end of their Order.

Urghh...evil Jacen. As much as I dislike his thoughts, it's rather perfect how you ended his part in the story like this. Instead of having that last memory of him unconscious but somehow slipping away, we now see that he could have killed Mara in the previous scene and instead chose to use her without her knowledge instead. Excellently Sithly.

That would be his legacy to the galaxy, and to his daughter. In time, she would take her place, but before that day could come, he would train another. His first true Sith apprentice, the one who would help him destroy the Jedi, and their Sword.

Pulling back on the hyperspace throttle, and disappearing into hyperspace, he thought of his new apprentice, far across the galaxy, ignorant of the destiny before her. In time she would find him, and she would learn.

Hmmm..forshadowing, methinks? I'm surprised he's not more worried about getting Allana back soon, but then Jacen's definitely more Palptine-sith-ish vs. Vader-sith-ish in that his madness is very carefully planned and thought out to make sure it will work, and getting back Allana right now would probably not work easily.

Gonna leave us guessing on who he has picked for his first apprentice, huh? I agree with the others, particularly from the 'she' and 'far across the galaxy', that maybe he has picked Wyn to be his first apprentice. He does know her, and doesn't know that Jaina has already 'claimed' her, so to speak. Very interesting. My mind immediately jumped to her, I guess time will tell if my suspicions are correct. [face_thinking] There's always Tahiri, too... A definite second choice, but still a possibility.

Woot! Excellent mush at the end there. Besides warming my mush-loving heart, it also showed Jag's deep understanding of Jaina and reflects that brief moment of happiness in the face of what's to come, rather like Anakin and Padme's wedding...

Overall, you did an excellent job wrapping this up. Looking back (now that I know it's the end!) I can see how you brought each of the previous segments/characters to a close as well. I 'm excited to see when the next bit comes...

13. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    comments:

jasa: don't worry, I'll let you know :)

jedi_master_gimpy:

You sprang this whole ending/trilogy thing on us pretty suddenly, didn't you? As soon as I saw 'Completed' on the title I figured it was a duo or trilogy, considering you've really only opened more cans of worms, so to speak, since the beginning than really closing them (except Jag's actual rescue).

I was being sneaky. The story started out to get Jaina and Jag together, and like everything else in Star Wars or real life, it spiraled out into a great big "can of worms," with the two of them in the center. When I found myself trying to wrap up for the next story, I sat down and wrote their wedding, and once that was done, I knew it was really finished. I was definitely thinking of the wedding in AotC. The real fighting comes next.

As I've said, all comments in the black boxes are possible. You'll all see soon enough.

we now see that he could have killed Mara in the previous scene and instead chose to use her without her knowledge instead. Excellently Sithly.

Very much so. And as for Allana, he's not really in a position to be a single father right now.

Overall, you did an excellent job wrapping this up. Looking back (now that I know it's the end!)

[face_blush]Thanks. Your comments have been really helpful throughout [:D].

The Eternal War should post some time this weekend, I'm waiting to get Chapter 1 back from beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.